• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLH prices

JohnnySharp2

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a
Hi,

Recently returned from a great break at the Disneyland Hotel.
We got a 40% offer and paid just over £1500.

Having looked for late July they also have a 40% sale on, however this time the price is around £2155. The full price though is quoted at close to £3500 for 4 nights!
Is it really that price July/August for a standard room? Blimey that's around £850 per night....

Wow, jeepers, Gordon Bennett! Problem is we loved it there, even over £2000 isn't cheap is it?

:lmao::lmao: believe me, you're asking the wrong person here, my budget for my DLP trips for hotel and park tickets is around £300 a trip total :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Peak season so sadly the rack rate shoots up!

We went end August a few years back and got 30% discount I think (we missed out on 40% by the time we booked) and I'm sure it was about £1500 for 4 nights (that was for 2 adults as both girls were free at the time). But, I do think the rate was cheaper because come 1st September it was classed as middle season, not high that year. Also, I do think in general that the prices have shot up compared to 2/3 years ago :eek:.

It's not a cheap hotel to stay in mid/peak season - in fact it's not cheap at any time, but sometimes you can be lucky with a deal!

It's bad enough paying the price for one room (we've had to book 2) at the Cheyenne in high summer season....

I'm shocked they can even quarter fill the disneyland hotel at those prices in summer season. It's way over priced... they're having a laugh!

Two years ago we stayed at the DLH for 3 nights and with full board included for under £1300! Admittedly this was in Feb, but it was half term week. I was very happy with that price, but I don't think I will ever manage it again! :sad:

The £1500 we paid for this March is looking like a bargain now, it also included Eurostar but wasn't booked through Disney.

Struggling to see it any less than £2155 for late July/early August and that doesn't include Eurostar either.

You get excited when you see the sale on but then swoon when you see how much the full price is.
Julie said we would have this problem once we stayed at the DLH - thing is Joshua did things this March he has never done before, purely
because of the location of the hotel. I can't remember him ever wanting to out in the evening on holiday, whether that be Hotel New York or a Florida hotel or villa *where most of our holidays have been*.
He was going for his shoes at 7pm at the DLH, and ate breakfast there every morning - he has never ever done that at a hotel before.

Thankfully we got a great deal and had a great time in March.

It is very expensive, full stop. We stayed there last May half-term and because we arrived on Sunday and benefited from 30% discount it wasn't too painful. I priced it up for this August and even at 40% discount it is coming out at more than double what we paid last year. I think it's somewhere that everyone should get the chance to stay at least once and I hope to stay there again one day but I'm not paying silly money so it's not likely to ever be in the summer holidays!
He was going for his shoes at 7pm at the DLH, and ate breakfast there every morning - he has never ever done that at a hotel before.
That is so lovely to read. :goodvibes

It is very expensive, full stop. We stayed there last May half-term and because we arrived on Sunday and benefited from 30% discount it wasn't too painful. I priced it up for this August and even at 40% discount it is coming out at more than double what we paid last year. I think it's somewhere that everyone should get the chance to stay at least once and I hope to stay there again one day but I'm not paying silly money so it's not likely to ever be in the summer holidays!
That is so lovely to read. :goodvibes

Thanks Elaine. :goodvibes

You are right though school holiday's are crazy price wise, even with the 40% off.

If it made such a difference to your Son then I keep my fingers crossed that an offer comes up that you can manage :hug:.

To be fair, everywhere is expensive for school holidays sadly, although not all on DLH's wavelength. I was quoted £2.5k for a weeks stay at Center Parcs for this summer - no way! :scared1: We love it there and have been a few times in school holidays (mainly easter/half terms), but there is no way I'd pay that price for it.

Summer holidays are ridiculous wherever you go, we're in the same dilema having really enjoyed dlh at christmas. I'm currently paying more for HNY in summer than I did for DLH in December, I keep toying with the idea of saying stuff it and paying the difference but it'd cost an extra £600, that would be our meals ....still tempted though :upsidedow

It's not as good a deal but we were looking at deals right at the beginning of September and were quoted £1249 for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel from Monday 3rd September, including park tickets but not Eurostar.

We had a family room for 5 with 4 adults and 1 child, and we paid approx £1450 for 3 nights - that was in October 2010. I remember thinking it was a bargain at the time - and looking at the prices now, I think I was right :lmao:

I haven't seen the rack rate for this period yet but I can well believe those prices as when you look at those for the period 8th Nov -28th March it was like this

Classic room - 561€/1060€ per night depending on wether it was classed at low-mid-high season

Castle Club room - 812€/1380€ per night again depending on how the season was classed

Suites - 1268€/4793€ per night again according to season

Breakfast and room tax on top.

:)

The £2155 price, which I assume finishes today, for late July/early August is still the same, but I notice HNY price has dropped over the past couple of days.

For example for 4 nights 28th July it's £1295 on disneyland.co.uk, it was around £1500 early last week.

In that case it's a (relative) bargain as 4 nights at rack rate at the DHL same period would be 4124€ plus breakfast and tax for the room so £3355 at todays rate :)

In that case it's a (relative) bargain as 4 nights at rack rate at the DHL same period would be 4124€ plus breakfast and tax for the room so £3355 at todays rate :)

True, I guess it's all relative to how much you want to pay really.
On reflection the £1500 we paid for this March at the DLH (which included Eurostar) was a proper bargain.
Even though the price is reduced I still cannot get my head around what would effectively add up to £3000 for 4 days at DLH (once Eurostar and spending money are added of course).

HNY for £800 less is not bad at all.

We can't complain as we had such a wonderful DLH holiday in March, and the weather was glorious.

Like everywhere you have to pay more during school holidays, but that refers to many places not just Disneyland Paris.

I will never stay there as it is just too expensive.

For me I would just think about how I could go to WDW for 2 weeks for the price of just a few nights there. I's not worth it for me as when I go to Disney (DLP or WDW) I go primarily for the theme parks and spend as much time as possible in them and therefore very little time at the hotel. Even if DLH is AMAZING it's not worth it to me to spend that much money. Now if I won the lottery it might be a different story!

I find all the DLP hotels way too expensive and always stay off site at DLP. I stay onsite as WDW for free dining as for us it really doesn't work out much more expensive but at DLP it just doesn't add up. Especially when we are up early and back late!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter