"Dixie Chicks" are now "The Chicks"

For what reason? I lived in the UK and didn't know anything about their 'history' until I moved to Canada....I still don't really get what happened

they were mad at President Bush, and I think they started shamming the flag, and the Country Music fans turned there back on them, but they were really big

“‘Just so you know we’re ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas”
Wasn't it right around the war? I know a lot of people were pretty miffed, the country stations here quit playing them. I used to listen to country stations occasionally, but never after that.

For what reason? I lived in the UK and didn't know anything about their 'history' until I moved to Canada....I still don't really get what happened
Maines told a London audience
"Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed (You know the rest of it)

Head to any Waffle House and you'll be called one of those 5 or 6 times a visit by the women.
And it brings a smile to my face every time.

oh heck no!!! I work in a very male dominated field - don’t care who you are don’t call me babe, honey , sweetie or chick and not expect me placing a boot(army boot) in ...... You get the respect you demand.

I guarantee you if the group had been the "Dixie Dudes" and all male, it would have blown over in a few weeks and they'd be back on the charts. Because they were women, they were subject to and judged on an entirely different standard. They gave an OPINION...they didn't make up facts, lie or accuse anyone of anything they didn't do....celebs today all do far worse....with zero repercussions. They even apologized - with absolutely no reason to - and still weren't "forgiven". Disgusting.

I adore country music - it's all I listen to - but I don't like some of the people who run it or some of the fan base. Just one example: even in 2020, there is no way you can come out as a homosexual in C&W unless you want your career absolutely trashed for life. Ridiculous in this day and age. Very backwards in many respects.

Who cares? Really. They are just looking for free press. They could have thought of a better name from the beginning if they were that concerned.

I get they aren’t for everyone, not for most of the country music fans in my neck of the woods, and people may disagree with them politically, but kudos for them for taking a stand and using their platform to get their message out no matter what it might cost their career

I get they aren’t for everyone, not for most of the country music fans in my neck of the woods, and people may disagree with them politically, but kudos for them for taking a stand and using their platform to get their message out no matter what it might cost their career

Thank you for sharing this, it was powerful, beautiful and heartbreaking all at the same time. All those names at the end. 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter