Disputing an item on Ebay

kgle

My son's slave
I ordered a pair of Uggs 11 days ago, finally received them yesterday, and I am very unhappy. They are obviously worn when they were advertised as brand new. When comparing them to my Uggs I already own which are authentic, these don't measure up. Etc, etc.

Anyway- I filed a dispute through paypal. She is willing to refund my money when I return the boots which is fine. Now...am I required to return the item first and once she received it she refunds my money? I don't know how it works...if she has to give me my money back or if I have to ship it first.

I ordered a pair of Uggs 11 days ago, finally received them yesterday, and I am very unhappy. They are obviously worn when they were advertised as brand new. When comparing them to my Uggs I already own which are authentic, these don't measure up. Etc, etc.

Anyway- I filed a dispute through paypal. She is willing to refund my money when I return the boots which is fine. Now...am I required to return the item first and once she received it she refunds my money? I don't know how it works...if she has to give me my money back or if I have to ship it first.

You will need to return the item first then get your money back. I would not leave negative feedback if I got my money back. Neutral maybe, but not negative. I wouldn't leave feedback until after I got my money returned to me.

If things don't work out well, there is also a dispute system that can be used on ebay itself (outside of paypal) for items not as described. You can go that route if necessary later.

You will need to return the item first then get your money back. I would not leave negative feedback if I got my money back. Neutral maybe, but not negative. I wouldn't leave feedback until after I got my money returned to me.

Thanks :) She told me to return them first and since I am still new at Ebay I didn't know how it works. I had actually already left feedback after I got the item...I inspected them SO thoroughly before leaving feedback too. Then I tried them on with my real pair and realized that either they were poorly made or they were fake. I left a neutral feedback because I have heard that negative screws sellers over.

You need to send them back first. Make sure you get tracking so you can prove to Paypal that they were returned.

Good Luck!

Agree with the above.

I will note that buying any type of clothing off of Ebay is uncertain, at best. Indeed, clothing sales generate the highest percentage of 'negative' feedback on Ebay (or so I once read). It just seems like a risky proposition.

Of course, in your case, if the seller is advertising the shoes as 'new', that should give one some confidence in the purchase. I mean, either it is new or it is not.

If you filed with paypal, yes you will have to return the item and then get the refund. There will be no problem getting the money back. Paypal takes it back from the seller.

When I had a problem with an item not send, the seller offered me a credit. I filed with paypal and I got the full refund and shipping in 3 days.

Paypal is great with you have a problem with ebay sales.

You should only be out the return shipping costs. I would spend the extra to get a notice of delivery so you know when the boots are rec'd.

Thanks :) She told me to return them first and since I am still new at Ebay I didn't know how it works. I had actually already left feedback after I got the item...I inspected them SO thoroughly before leaving feedback too. Then I tried them on with my real pair and realized that either they were poorly made or they were fake. I left a neutral feedback because I have heard that negative screws sellers over.

Yes, I just got a neg. My first in 8 years, mailed something the 11th and it was just delivered yesterday:sad2:

Make sure you get DC when you send it. Also you will be out the shipping back to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter