Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

You are right! You really can’t be the location of BC and I would love to be able to chill at Stormalong Bay. I don’t mind us all sharing a bathroom since we will barely even be in the room the whole trip. And they staying for free so I feel like beggars can’t be choosers about where they sleep. A Murphy bed will be comfortable for them I’d think.

SSR is very spread out and I’m not a fan of that at all plus the bus situation. We are normally Monorail resort people, which we love. I always say the less bus rides the better.
I think sharing a bathroom with 4 adults would not be pleasant.

I stayed at BC in April and the location is unbeatable. It was literally a 4 minute walk to Epcot. We also got the Skyliner from there to HS. It's not a huge hotel, so you're no walking everywhere and the pool is incredible. I think you made the right choice.

How trustworthy would the October end date be for the villa refresh? Looking to maybe book for January and would prefer a renovated room. Love theming of Beach Club as a resort but seems like the rooms themselves at SSR/RIV are in nicer shape.

How trustworthy would the October end date be for the villa refresh? Looking to maybe book for January and would prefer a renovated room. Love theming of Beach Club as a resort but seems like the rooms themselves at SSR/RIV are in nicer shape.
I'd like to say we're pretty confident all will be done by October and you won't have to worry in January. But they stopped the refurb process rather abruptly last spring and postponed, so you really don't know for certain. I think you'd be fine, though, and would be getting a refurbished room in January!

We just checked in to the beach club today day and we’re booked in a standard room. We are on the 3rd floor, and have a refurbed room, and a full balcony— and the view is of the roof.

Donald, Goofy and Pluto were roaming the lobby earlier this afternoon when we checked in.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer while we are here — we check out the 18th.

Attachments

• IMG_9735.jpeg
    IMG_9735.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_9736.jpeg
    IMG_9736.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 71054031011__A1FCE27C-A9B3-4A6D-ABA6-15A2FA985711.jpeg
    71054031011__A1FCE27C-A9B3-4A6D-ABA6-15A2FA985711.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 71054007769__81C8269D-7840-4FCB-A093-3745B583FF2C.jpeg
    71054007769__81C8269D-7840-4FCB-A093-3745B583FF2C.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 107
We just checked in to the beach club today day and we’re booked in a standard room. We are on the 3rd floor, and have a refurbed room, and a full balcony— and the view is of the roof.

Donald, Goofy and Pluto were roaming the lobby earlier this afternoon when we checked in.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer while we are here — we check out the 18th.
Have fun!

Characters in the resort!

Is Disney trying to be uh…….Disney?
Characters are in the deluxe resorts quite often. I’ve seen them in BW, Riv, BC, YC, and WL. It’s always a nice surprise when they appear. They may be in mods and value as well; I’ve just never encountered them when I was staying at those - but I do tend to spend more time around the resort when I’m staying deluxe.

Characters are in the deluxe resorts quite often.
Must be my luck. Haven’t seen any in quite some time. (Except during our Hurricane Ian 22 trip to Kidani. They were everywhere!)
Hopefully we’ll get to see some in a couple of weeks at BC.

Dumb question, but with the recent room refurbs, does anyone know if the mattresses in the BC, specifically the BC CL are new? Thanks

Update to Cabana 2! For those of you who have booked Cabana 2, know that you no longer can view the sandy bottom pool while sitting down. They have put up planters for privacy. While some will like this, I was not a fan since I specifically booked this cabana because it had a view of the pool (I had this cabana last year, too). I did not want to sit in a lounge chair and stare at a planter box. The planter boxes look low in the photos but when sitting in the loungers or regular chairs, you can not see over them. Again, some will love the privacy, but it was just not for me. Luckily the cabana host obliged me and rearranged the furniture so I could see the pool from the other side of the cabana. The photos in this post are AFTER the furniture was rearranged. We swapped the love seat for the two loungers. This provided a better view from the loungers and ample shade in the loungers throughout the day (both of which are important to me). There were only three of us so it was not too cramped to have the furniture like this. This is still my cabana of choice.

862A5508-8397-41FE-83D0-DE5ADAAE3004_1_105_c.jpeg

A05AD233-379D-400E-B9B4-B9C703743FA4_1_105_c.jpeg

93FBA452-832A-4ADF-972F-ED7E897DAEFC_1_105_c.jpeg

Page 2090-2092

Your second question, on MDE app, under your reservation you could request a King Bed or use the chat function (chat with us) and make your requests under your reservation. Have a wonderful trip, it’s my favorite resort.

It has been a couple of years since I have had a trip to WDW and I haven't been keeping up with the changes. Can you, or someone else, tell me about the chat feature? Is this an alternative or replacement of calling Guest Services for issues like room requests? Do we know if queries are being answered by real people (probably offsite) or bots? Any reviews of this feature?

TIA

:thanks:

Happy news! We are booked at the Beach Club CL for May 8-16 2024. :beach:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

Staying at Yacht Club on a girls trip. We should be there around 1pm. My plan on arrival day was to just hang out at the pool and get a late lunch/early dinner by the pool. Does the pool bar have food also? Thanks

Sounds fun! When is your trip?

:cool1:

Update to Cabana 2! For those of you who have booked Cabana 2, know that you no longer can view the sandy bottom pool while sitting down. They have put up planters for privacy. While some will like this, I was not a fan since I specifically booked this cabana because it had a view of the pool (I had this cabana last year, too). I did not want to sit in a lounge chair and stare at a planter box. The planter boxes look low in the photos but when sitting in the loungers or regular chairs, you can not see over them. Again, some will love the privacy, but it was just not for me. Luckily the cabana host obliged me and rearranged the furniture so I could see the pool from the other side of the cabana. The photos in this post are AFTER the furniture was rearranged. We swapped the love seat for the two loungers. This provided a better view from the loungers and ample shade in the loungers throughout the day (both of which are important to me). There were only three of us so it was not too cramped to have the furniture like this. This is still my cabana of choice.

^^^

This is one of the things I love about this thread and the people who post here. The level of detail guests share to help enhance the trips of others.

:beach:

Unfortunately, I have been unable to visit this thread frequently and I am out of date on most of the changes happening at the YC/BC/BCV resort for the past couple of years.

I have seen the info on the Room View Category changes, and I think I have a handle on that. So much for all of the work and input for everyone on the view threads, which I think was one of the more helpful resources to come from this forum...

:headache:

Can someone fill me in on the rehabs at the resort?

Looks like BCV is undergoing renovations and rooms on the 4th and 5th floor are finished. Work expected to resume in August and to be completed in October. What kind of updates are being made there.

What about the Beach Cub? When were the rooms renovated/updated? What changes were made there? Have all rooms been completed?

Most importantly- have the coffee makers in all rooms there been changed over to Keurig? I'm not a fan, but the Cuisinarts were even worse.

Are all of the ceiling fans gone, or did that happen awhile ago?

Any word when/if the Yacht Club is scheduled for any updating?

Page 2090-2092

It has been a couple of years since I have had a trip to WDW and I haven't been keeping up with the changes. Can you, or someone else, tell me about the chat feature? Is this an alternative or replacement of calling Guest Services for issues like room requests? Do we know if queries are being answered by real people (probably offsite) or bots? Any reviews of this feature?

TIA

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:goodvibes

Sounds fun! When is your trip?

:cool1:

^^^

This is one of the things I love about this thread and the people who post here. The level of detail guests share to help enhance the trips of others.

:beach:
So under the MDE app, the last link over to your right, where your name appears has a few areas one of which is chat with us. I have use this to make requests and get information without using signature services for my CL questions. I never had any problems using it, my requests have been noted and there is a record of what I have asked. Certainly you can also email Disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com. With questions and requests.

Attachments

• IMG_5112.png
    IMG_5112.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5110.png
    IMG_5110.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 13
Can you, or someone else, tell me about the chat feature? Is this an alternative or replacement of calling Guest Services for issues like room requests? Do we know if queries are being answered by real people (probably offsite) or bots? Any reviews of this feature?

My DIL has used the chat with us feature several times during vacations, to report issues instead of trying to call someone or find a CM. For example, I know she used it on 1 trip where a bus hadn’t come to a resort stop for over 45 minutes & the crowd was getting large & irritated. A bus arrived shortly after the chat.

I just used it for the first time last week. We were moving from Contemporary to Boardwalk on July 4th. I didn’t notice til we were checked into BWI that I never got an email with my final invoice from CR. The chat CM was able to email it to me immediately while we chatted. It worked great! She had all my info & explained because I was signed into my MDE account during the chat, she could see all my info. I guess it’s a great feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter