Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

In the past, pre pandemic, the resort would do Bounce Back offers (discounts) if you booked a room for another vacation before you left? Did they start this again?

Touring Plans can only do so much. I requested a specific room, along with the bed and balcony. I got the King bed and balcony but not the room I wanted. It is a give an take. I think next time we are going to request just the king bed and close to lobby. Other then that, our room is nice and has a lot of room.

Is anyone at the BC Villas? The quiet pool hot tub was out of commission for the 5 days in Aug. Gonna be visiting 3rd week of Oct will really need it by then.

I just managed to snag 2 nights in a club level Standard view for only a little more than what I was originally paying for a regular garden view room. I don't care about views at all so I'm excited, especially since now we don't have to figure out where to eat on our MNSSHP night. Three questions:

1. How is the wifi in the Regatta club lounge? I was thinking we could pop in early and make ourselves coffee, then book our Genie+ reservations while waiting for them to put out the breakfast spread right at 7am. But if the wifi is spotty in the lounge I'll hang back in the room to book our LL and send my DH and kids ahead.

2.What do they have for kids/vegetarians during the evening appetizers? My eldest is a pretty strict vegetarian but he'll happily eat veggies or mac n cheese, but I'm noticing with most of the menus all the hot apps seem to have either meat or fish. If I put in a request in the morning, can they bring him something else in the evening?

3. Do they offer to-go bottles of water and any snacks we can throw in our park bag, like Uncrustables, Goldfish crackers, or whole fruit?

Thanks!
You can request to-go bottles of water at BC CL, so I think the same would be true at YC.

Just booked a very short December 2023 BC CL (1 bedroom suite!) stay!! :cool1: Dee, could you please add us to the be our guest list, we'll be there December 7th-8th 2023.

Originally we were going to get two rooms at the Swan to finish out our week trip, but realized it was only like $300 more to stay in the BC suite and figured since we'd be moving from a suite in the AKL, it just made sense to spend the extra money and continue with the club level benefits through the end of the trip since we can use the lounge for some meals! We're clearly experts at Disney math ::yes::

Page 2010-2012

We’ll be at the YC mid-October 2022 with my nephew’s family that includes a 2 1/2 year old boy and his brother who turns 4 that week. They love the water so I expect a lot of pool time. Do all pool chairs have umbrellas? Are there shady areas?

TIA

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have indicated, you can find a few options for shade around Stormalong Bay.

Have a great trip!

:goodvibes:

Hi Dee
Finally coming back to the BCV’S and so excited!! Please add us to the Be Our Guest List…June 30-July 8 thanks!! 😊

Will do!

:cool1:

Page 2013-2015

Thank you! This is very helpful!

:goodvibes:

Staying at Yacht for the first time in December, hopefully, and just nabbed the Passholder discount for our room! Yay

Hi All,

We returned home from the yacht club on July 10th - arrived June 30th. I'm finally getting around to sharing some thoughts!

1. This was our first time at the Yacht Club. We have stayed at the Beach Club at least two times that I remember. Beside theme and where I went to the front desk, the two resorts seem like one at least to me. It is so easy to walk back and forth inside and outside (lake side) that I often forgot that the two were separate. I'm not a walker - in fact I use a scooter - so where I am situated is very important to my daily vacation life :). Of course, the BC is closer to EPCOT, but the YC was closer to the boat dock for DHS. Distance to the bus stops were the same to me at both. I will say that I often walked inside through the BC to room 1501 and back in again when going to EPCOT. It was hot! (Can't help that I'm born in July and was celebrating!)
2. I had three people in the room and we were very comfortable, but we also had two scooters. This was a problem. However, when I went down to the front desk, they assured me it was ok to park the scooter in the hallway near an outlet which is exactly what I did and I had no issues at all.
3. The view of the fireworks at the beach (beach club) was far superior to the view standing even on the bridge. I know this because July 4 we decided to watch outside EPCOT and after a bit we decided to walk- scooter back to the YC. As we were walking and turning around to watch, the view got much better!
4. I've been to WDW alot and I will agree that the level of "friendliness of the CM's" has gone down. It is not gone, just less....however....the CM's at the YC were the absolute best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. When I arrived, I saw the "cooler". This was going to be an issue - which I thought I addressed before I left - oh well! DH just had double knee replacement surgery and needed the ice pack everyday after the park even with the scooter. Having said that....I just went down the the front desk - same visit as the scooter question - and they told me not to worry. About 5 minutes later a mini refrigerator with freezer spot appeared. Now, they could not take out the cooler so I did have to sacrifice some floor space....but I didn't mind. I put it in front of the connecting door spot.
6. We loved Ale and Compass for Breakfast and we liked the lounge for a relax and drinks. We also ate at Beaches and Cream and Cape May as far as the resort restaurants go. Great service - food the way I remember, etc.
7. I was able to pre-purchase G+ and every morning I used ILL and G+. I was the only one doing it for a party of five and everything was as easy as expected. I knew what my priority was the night before and just popped on and did it. Make sure everyone is in your friends and family list and know what you want. I hit that button exactly at 7 am from my hotel room.
8. This was the first time I did the cabana rental. We loved it and when I go in the warmer months I would do it again. Peaceful is the word I would use.
9. First time for Guardians and I love it! Warniing - is intense - so think of your own self. For me, more intense than any other WDW ride except maybe Mission Space Orange but in a different way.
10. I turned 60 this trip, so maybe I've mellowed out....but even if something didn't go as planned we rolled with it. We didn't go crazy about the schedule and we zigged and zagged around the crowds. My biggest advice - Rope drop!

Everyone enjoy your future trips! I'm off to the BC end of January!

Thanks so much for your detailed review and comments.

I'll add you to the list for January.

Been missing for a while, but so excited to be headed back to beach club in April! We’ll be there 10-16. Please add us to the guest list when you have time Dee. Thanks for all the work you put in here as always!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Page 2016-2017

I've booked a YC standard room (2 guests- adult and a 10YO). I see there are many different bed configurations listed. I'd like 2 queen beds and not a king. Would this just be the default? I have found a place that I can request a king bed, but not 2 queens. Thanks!

Because there are just two of you on the reservation, you are certainly candidates for a king bed room assignment.

Although there are far more room configurations with 2 queen beds vs. rooms with a king bed, I suggest that you specify what you want (and why) in a room request placed through the central reservations office "Room with 2 Queen beds, please- Mother-Son"'

🛏️🛌

I just managed to snag 2 nights in a club level Standard view for only a little more than what I was originally paying for a regular garden view room. I don't care about views at all so I'm excited, especially since now we don't have to figure out where to eat on our MNSSHP night. Three questions:

1. How is the wifi in the Regatta club lounge? I was thinking we could pop in early and make ourselves coffee, then book our Genie+ reservations while waiting for them to put out the breakfast spread right at 7am. But if the wifi is spotty in the lounge I'll hang back in the room to book our LL and send my DH and kids ahead.

2.What do they have for kids/vegetarians during the evening appetizers? My eldest is a pretty strict vegetarian but he'll happily eat veggies or mac n cheese, but I'm noticing with most of the menus all the hot apps seem to have either meat or fish. If I put in a request in the morning, can they bring him something else in the evening?

3. Do they offer to-go bottles of water and any snacks we can throw in our park bag, like Uncrustables, Goldfish crackers, or whole fruit?

Thanks!
Nice!

When is your trip?

Resort recreation calendar. And whatever work was going on for the bridges appears to be over. A lovely day for the pool. View attachment 699663View attachment 699664
Thank you so much!

:thanks:

@ofcabbagesandkings for lunch it looks like they do have uncrustables, fruit and and to-go snacks like cookies and chips.

We will be there for the first time in less than two weeks now and my daughter is vegetarian so I am also wondering what they will have for her.

For the LL, I would suggest turning wifi off and using your phone data. When I was at BW in January I was up for 7 to start booking but the app kept bugging out on me until I switched off the wifi. Nice way to start the Disney day 🙄

Great suggestion about the wifi- thank you for sharing your experience.

::yes::

Just got back from our first stay at Yacht Club, and while we had a nice time there, I do kind of regret not sticking with Beach Club! We switched to save money (almost $500, which I am still very happy about for sure), but the shower was awkward and we would have preferred a tub/shower combo. You had to stand in the shower to turn the water on and even when I tried to switch the water to the handheld part, I still kept getting sprayed with cold water from the main showerhead lol. And the shelf for toiletries was tiny and slanted so hardly anything fit on it and I dropped shampoo bottles several times. Not the end of the world or anything, but still!

Also, our beds were so creaky! We kept waking each other up when someone would get up at night for the bathroom, because getting in and out of the bed caused super loud wooden creaking/cracking sounds. I haven't had this issue at any other resort -- could just have been our specific room, but both of the beds were just so loud. 😆

Thanks for your feedback.

:thumbsup2

Just booked a very short December 2023 BC CL (1 bedroom suite!) stay!! :cool1: Dee, could you please add us to the be our guest list, we'll be there December 7th-8th 2023.

Originally we were going to get two rooms at the Swan to finish out our week trip, but realized it was only like $300 more to stay in the BC suite and figured since we'd be moving from a suite in the AKL, it just made sense to spend the extra money and continue with the club level benefits through the end of the trip since we can use the lounge for some meals! We're clearly experts at Disney math ::yes::

Got it! Sounds awesome!

:woohoo:

Hello Donna- I just wanted to point out that I believe the room referred to above is a one bedroom, which is a different, and more expensive, booking category than the regular Beach Club rooms.

As far as I know (and I invite anyone to correct me if I am wrong), none of the regular, non-handicapped rooms at the Beach Club have the standalone showers.

:goodvibes
Thank you natebenma, I believe you are correct.

Just checked in to club level garden view king bed room. Has anyone had large bottles of shampoo conditioner and body wash given to them?? Then the toiletries that were left were amazing never had foot rub before.

Attachments

• E1BFAE5A-9952-4A01-87FE-B009B5888D01.jpeg
    E1BFAE5A-9952-4A01-87FE-B009B5888D01.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 16820488-50BB-4E03-9B77-16E55357B732.jpeg
    16820488-50BB-4E03-9B77-16E55357B732.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 39
Just checked in to club level garden view king bed room. Has anyone had large bottles of shampoo conditioner and body wash given to them?? Then the toiletries that were left were amazing never had foot rub before.

Usually in the suites. The toiletries in regular club level rooms are the size of the lotion in your 2nd picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter