• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think Garden Grocer got rid of that rule.
That was the only time I could sign up. I purchased things a couple months ago to get the discount.

I hope you are right and they did get rid of the rule. :) I just emailed and requested an earlier time. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Garden Grocer delivers anytime frame you choose, not just after 4pm. Not sure why you would need it a day early?
1656818516749.png
This is no longer listed on the FAQs. I am going to email and try to get an earlier delivery. Sad if I missed out on an earlier delivery due to booking before the change.

Plans changed, as they always seem to do, and I am arriving at 9 am the day before originally planned. However, we are staying at the Dolphin for one night before moving over to YC. So I will already be at WDW the day of the delivery. The delivery time is between 4 and 9. I was hoping to get the groceries before 9 pm.

Currently have a stay at Yacht Club booked for late August. Second guessing myself here. The more I research the pool situation, the more I think the resort may not be for me. Is Stormalong Bay super crowded and loud? Do the "quiet pools" offer umbrellas? Also, the quick service options seem to be lacking. While I love the idea of being so close to Epcot, this trip is more about relaxation rather than parks. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Currently have a stay at Yacht Club booked for late August. Second guessing myself here. The more I research the pool situation, the more I think the resort may not be for me. Is Stormalong Bay super crowded and loud? Do the "quiet pools" offer umbrellas? Also, the quick service options seem to be lacking. While I love the idea of being so close to Epcot, this trip is more about relaxation rather than parks. Any insight would be much appreciated.
1656849377852.png

I found the main pool to be full of energy and noise. But the quiet pool is soooo relaxing! Here's a photo of the quiet pool.

We have stayed at the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk several times.

We genuinely don’t enjoy Stormalong Bay (the Y&BC main pool). It’s main pool is always crowded. Getting a seat there is a major pain - it does not have enough deck space for chairs!

We always end up at the quiet pool, where it’s much easier to get a chair. But there’s not much shade.

We prefer the Boardwalk main and quiet pools, which offer shaded areas under trees. (See to the left of this image.)

IMG_3650.jpg

Last edited:

The crowds drop off by the last two weeks of August, which is why the resort prices are some of the lowest of the year. The main pool will be less crowded because so many schools are back in session. There are some really nice shady areas at SAB and there are servers who walk around taking orders for food and beverages. SAB isn't usually loud.

The Yacht Club's quiet pool is my favorite quiet pool. There is shade around the hot tub and a few tables with umbrellas.

It’s all timing. We have been to the YC/BC in June, Sept, Oct, Nov. and Dec months. Never had a problem with crowds. Morning are good because people tend to hit the parks. Pool is more crowded mid afternoon. Evenings are so nice with the lights and boardwalk background. Can’t beat the water slide. We tend to grab the chairs closer to beach club side where the shade is or in back of Hurricane Hannah’s. You also have the Quiet pools at YC and BC. YC is very nice and quiet. Go straight out the door right past the YC marketplace. It’s right in front of you.

SAB was packed in May and a line to get in at opening. All seats taken by 11. Even DD10 loves the quiet pool. She had pool to herself and no problem getting an umbrella table.

SAB was packed in May and a line to get in at opening. All seats taken by 11. Even DD10 loves the quiet pool. She had pool to herself and no problem getting an umbrella table.
May is a very busy time. I remember there were lines back during the Covid restrictions in 2021 when they were doing social distancing, but all Covid restrictions have been lifted now. :)

May is a very busy time. I remember there were lines back during the Covid restrictions in 2021 when they were doing social distancing, but all Covid restrictions have been lifted now. :)
Yes, definitely busy, but this was this year not during covid. However, I have stayed in September and November in the past with September busy and obviously November not busy from a pool perspective.

ETA: just sharing our experience from an SAB vs quiet pool perspective. Right now there are not really guaranteed slow times at WDW. Many east coast schools don't go back until Labor Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are leaving at noon and I have more than a case of water, a spray bottle of clorox bleach and some mini diet coke cans that I will leave outside the door for anyone here. I hate to see it go to waste. Room #2112 Yacht Club

Since Garden Grocer only delivers after 4 pm, I have a question. I am pretty sure you are able to have your Garden Grocer order arrive a day early. Am I mistaken?
Quoting myself for an update:
I emailed GG last night. They emailed me back at midnight and changed my delivery time to the first slot! What great service!

I did a mock order and was able to choose any of the 3 delivery spots. So I decided to email and it worked out perfectly.

Thanks everyone, just made a second reservation at Wilderness Lodge, love Boulder Ridge pool....will mull it over.
We have not actually stayed at WL in so long. But we did take a stroll through there on our last trip. It is very peaceful.

But walking to 2 parks, lots of storage space, and the larger room really makes me love YC.

Whatever you choose, I hope you have a great vacation.

Thanks everyone, just made a second reservation at Wilderness Lodge, love Boulder Ridge pool....will mull it over.
I would say it really depends. We have stayed at WL and Beach Club. I found that the pool at the WL was MUCH easier to get a seat at. I also thought that the pool was better at WL for us having a young child. While Stormalong Bay is amazing, it was really very big and I felt like we had to be in the pool with her at all times, even though she knows how to swim. It was much easier to watch her at the WL (and even the Poly pool) from the outside. But I really do absolutely love the location of BC/YC. Plus that smell of the lobby.

We are booked for WL in February and really only did it because it was so much cheaper than the BC and we are going with other families. Otherwise, I may have tried to convince my husband to do BC/YC again. I just love that walk to Epcot.

We are staying in 2 water view rooms at YC in December. I'm trying to figure out what kind of room request to make once we get closer to our trip, and I've been using the TP room finder to help. I know requests can never be guaranteed, but does anyone have good recommendations on water view rooms / parts of the hotel they like to request? Are there any "bad" water view rooms?

We don't have a preference if both rooms are close to each other or not. TIA!

We are booked for WL in February and really only did it because it was so much cheaper than the BC and we are going with other families. Otherwise, I may have tried to convince my husband to do BC/YC again. I just love that walk to Epcot.
Yeah, just cancelled my YC reservation and decided WL was a better option. Ended up with a Club Level room for a little bit more than what I was paying at YC. While I love the walk to Epcot....I find myself avoiding that park during Food and Wine as it feels like the Vegas Strip due to all the drunk people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter