Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The closest rooms would are a little odd do to how the YC is laid out on the 1st floor but these are the close rooms: 1147-1153.

If you don't mind the 3rd floor and some steps many options open up. Tell us more. Just a reminder the rooms at the YC that are almost to the Dolphin only take and additional 2-3 minutes if you walk outside vs the winding hallways (AC).

Dave
Great info, thanks! I don’t mind steps. We’re going to request queen beds as my SIL, who lives in Fl, is joining us for 3 nights. So queen standard view rooms with the quickest walking access to Epcot.

This is the first time I have been on this thread for years. But now that I am back in Florida, I really would love to meet up with all the great friends I made while working at the Beach Club. I miss all our conversations so much.

I am substitute teaching at elementary schools near my house but try to work only 2 or 3 days a week.

So, if any of my friends are visiting WDW and want to meet up, just send me a message here or on facebook "Teena Gerew Slingluff" and I can perhaps join you at the parks for a few hours. I don't normally hit the parks in the summer ... way too hot for this old lady. I am going tomorrow for an hour just to ride the cast preview of Ratatouille (sp?) or the Rat Ride as I call it. But once the weather goes below 85, I am more than ready to hit the parks.

For those who know Lily, she just started 5th grade. Here is a picture from the first day of school in Vegas. She flies here by herself whenever she has off from school a few extra days. Her next visit will be the last week of October.

Hope to hear from my Y&B pals!!

View attachment 601476
So glad to see that you’re back in Florida Teena!! Lily is soooo big. Will you be a CM in WDW again sometime?

So glad to see that you’re back in Florida Teena!! Lily is soooo big. Will you be a CM in WDW again sometime?
No, I retired from WDW and have all my wonderful benefits so I am going to continue subbing. I love the elementary school kids and I don't have to be on my feet all day which at 72 with degenerate disc disease is a blessing.

I know ... I can't believe how big Lily is now. She loves flying here by herself to visit ... says its better than flying with her Mom lol.

No, I retired from WDW and have all my wonderful benefits so I am going to continue subbing. I love the elementary school kids and I don't have to be on my feet all day which at 72 with degenerate disc disease is a blessing.

I know ... I can't believe how big Lily is now. She loves flying here by herself to visit ... says its better than flying with her Mom lol.
Oh I don’t realize you retired…. Good for you! Glad you like subbing. It’s been extremely stressful for us teachers for the last year and half. Can’t wait to be back to normal.
flying by yourself is a big deal!! Have fun on your visit!!
We will be moving to Florida hopefully in the next 5 or so years. Sooner rather than later will be awesome!!

Oh I don’t realize you retired…. Good for you! Glad you like subbing. It’s been extremely stressful for us teachers for the last year and half. Can’t wait to be back to normal.
flying by yourself is a big deal!! Have fun on your visit!!
We will be moving to Florida hopefully in the next 5 or so years. Sooner rather than later will be awesome!!
When Bob and I decided to move here in 2004, it was scary .. a huge change in our lifestyles. Best move we ever made.

If I can help you with any questions regarding moving here, please don't hesitate to message.me.

When Bob and I decided to move here in 2004, it was scary .. a huge change in our lifestyles. Best move we ever made.

If I can help you with any questions regarding moving here, please don't hesitate to message.me.
I definitely will! Thank you!!

I have been around this board for awhile (I don't post much) but I remember waiting for Lily to arrive! So glad to see that she has turned into a beautiful young lady. You must be a proud grandma!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Page 1918-1919

We capped off our 25th wedding anniversary with a first time stay at YC back in July. It was only 2 nights but we made the most of it. It was so nice to be able to hit either HS or EPCOT in the morning and return before lunch to SAB and just chill the rest of the afternoon, then back to EPCOT or the Swolfin/Boardwalk area for dinner. Repeat day 2. Our room was fantastic - again my first time staying so nothing to compare to, but I can't imagine much of a better one. #4061 - King bed, close to one of the elevators/doors that go directly to the boardwalk/boat launch, ice machine close, and a magnificent view. Next weekend is my wife's birthday, I found a great (water view) rate and we are headed back for a long weekend Sep10-Sep12. I think we will run with the same plan as last time! Except this time Yachtsman is open and we'll sprinkle some Food and Wine in. View attachment 601628View attachment 601629View attachment 601630View attachment 601631

Glad you had a great anniversary stay and that you will be back soon for a birthday celebration.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes

Hello! I read through the first few pages and couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.... was wondering if anyone knew which part of the resort (Yacht Club) was closest to the walk way to Epcot? Meaning which area would I request if that is my top priority. I tried looking at touring plans and other resources but I'm less interested in the actual view than walking distance to the world showcase. Does anyone know which room #s are best for this? TIA! Even if you don't know, thanks for being such a helpful, kind group of people :flower1:

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:cool1:

Hello. This is my first post. I've gained a lot of information from the boards; thank you for being an invaluable resource. My family of 6 lucked out and got a deluxe room for October. My husband and I have stayed at BC before and fell in love. Being within walking distance to Food and Wine was a dream. I'm excited for my kids to experience the pool!

My questions: 1) Does Marketplace sell packs of bottled water? I'll bring a few breakfast items, but I didn't want to do an Instacart for just water. 2) Do you think the mugs are worth it?

Please forgive me if I've posted questions in the wrong thread. Thank you so much.

:welcome: to the DIS and to this thread!

As others have mentioned, the Marketplace gift shops do sell packages of water.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Excited to be making our 3rd "Adult only" stay at Beach Club for Food and Wine this October. This is by far our favorite location when staying without the kids for the easy proximity to Epcot. And so relaxing to watch all the kids at the pool and not being responsible for ANY of them! Miss our kids on these trips, but so appreciate the adult time.

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:cool1:
Thank you and Hello! Our trip is the 9/30 - 10/9 (but we check into the YC on the 2nd) Also celebrating 2 anniversaries, 2 graduations and an Air Force ship off (December) It’s generally just my husband and I so this is a HUGE trip for us! We are extra excited (I’m always very excited to be heading to WDW but this one is extra special 🥳)

Just want to confirm - is it 60 days out to rent a cabana still? Do they take requests on which of the 4 you would prefer (I know it would be a request and not a guarantee)? Finally, we are going as a group of 12 - if we got 2 cabanas could we request they be together (I guess either 1 and 2 or 3 and 4)?

Just want to confirm - is it 60 days out to rent a cabana still? Do they take requests on which of the 4 you would prefer (I know it would be a request and not a guarantee)? Finally, we are going as a group of 12 - if we got 2 cabanas could we request they be together (I guess either 1 and 2 or 3 and 4)?
Yes, I believe it’s still 60 days out. I have read both that it’s 60 days from the exact day, and that you get the 60 +10. In my experience we got the 60+10. Unfortunately they were all booked so we didn’t get one (and we easily got 2 tables together where we wanted them so didn’t actually end up missing it much). I don’t know from experience, but from following this thread I’m pretty sure at this resort/pool in particular you actually reserve a specific cabana.

Yes, I believe it’s still 60 days out. I have read both that it’s 60 days from the exact day, and that you get the 60 +10. In my experience we got the 60+10. Unfortunately they were all booked so we didn’t get one (and we easily got 2 tables together where we wanted them so didn’t actually end up missing it much). I don’t know from experience, but from following this thread I’m pretty sure at this resort/pool in particular you actually reserve a specific cabana.
Is it relatively easy to get seats in the shade, especially if we get to the pool early in the day?

It should be 60+10, if you get a CM that says its 60 days from the day of booking call back and try someone else.

Confirming what PP said, you book the actual cabana # at booking, so yes, you can book 2 close to each other if available.

Have fun!

We will be arriving at Yacht Club in 29 days! Quick question - can someone confirm the kind of hairdryer currently in the room? Would love to save packing space but I need a hairdryer with a concentrator attachment.

We'll be arriving at the YC on Friday (yay!), if anyone would like me to check into anything while we're there just let me know! Can't believe the trip is almost here! Wahoo!

Hi, I may not be as up to date as a I should on this thread, but can you let us know about the status of those cherry picker cranes that were outside of the YC painting? I have some time as my trip isn't until December, but hadn't heard much about them lately and wondered the status. Have a great trip!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter