Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all! Considering Beach Club for an April 2018 stay -- it's been ages since we've stayed there! I see that YC recently completed a renovation... anything ongoing or planned for BC? I couldn't find it, but this is a GIANT thread... thanks in advance! :)
BC refurb was just completed prior to YC.

Just curious if anyone is at BC/YC right now and ate at Yachstman today? I love the idea of eating there while the hurricane is coming! No wonder BC/YC is our favorite resort!

Just curious if anyone is at BC/YC right now and ate at Yachstman today? I love the idea of eating there while the hurricane is coming! No wonder BC/YC is our favorite resort!

Yes. They currently have a modified QS menu. You can either grab and go or you are welcome to eat there.

There's a picture over in the Riding out Irma at WDW thread of the line to get into the Yachtsman tonight. There's been so much demand, they've extended the hours of operation this evening.

There's a picture over in the Riding out Irma at WDW thread of the line to get into the Yachtsman tonight. There's been so much demand, they've extended the hours of operation this evening.

I can't find that picture but I'd love to see it. Do you remember about what time you saw it? Or could it have been on another thread?

I am very sad for Teena- she really needs to get to Castaway for some happy-place-time. But you know our gal- she is already working on rebooking!

I joined the FB group for this sailing and it is devastating for all of the families who have been planning and dreaming about this trip for a year (or more). Lots of fish extender groups, mixology groups, etc. So many were looking forward to meeting others IRL that they have become friends with via the interwebs. I get that. Oh, how I get that!

Now they are all dispersed, to different cruise dates or vacations and that breaks my heart.

For me, this was always a bonus trip. A chance to spend a week with my dear friend, eat some delicious food and test out my Triboard Full-Face Snorkel mask.

:fish:

But it was absolutely the right decision on Disney's part. And putting it into perspective- so many living in the path of that b- Irma have so much more at stake, I will not spend a moment being bitter.

I also am not unpacking!

:grouphug:
So sorry your cruise got cancelled, for both you and Teena. I'm thankful not to be there now. We were there through both Charley and Matthew...and my fall trip is in 2 weeks so looks like we just missed this one.

It appears that the worst damage at YC is three uprooted trees. Thankfully, it looks like everyone came through this okay.

Though the BC and YC may have escaped serious damage, unfortunately, parts of the metro Orlando area did not fare as well. All those who have or are enduring less than acceptable conditions are in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
We are going to WDW in April and are staying at the Beach Club. We are considering upgrading to club level. I read that most of the rooms that are club level have balconies. Wondering if this is true. Also looking for input from people that have stayed club level at BC...is it worth the cost? Thanks!

We are going to WDW in April and are staying at the Beach Club. We are considering upgrading to club level. I read that most of the rooms that are club level have balconies. Wondering if this is true. Also looking for input from people that have stayed club level at BC...is it worth the cost? Thanks!

It was 100% worth it for us. The evening food was so good we cancelled the last five of our evening ADRs.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I believe about 75% of the BC club level rooms have full balconies.

Hard to say whether the club level is worth it to your family since it is such a subjective opinion. For us, we like having the early breakfast in the lounge which keeps us fueled until we can have an early lunch. How many people in your family? When do you tend to be at the resort? Do you enjoy a night time, beer, wine or other adult beverage? Do you want a little extra help as you are making plans/booking reservations?

Take a moment to look over Post 12 on Page 1. There are a couple of reviews about club level and a link that is titled "Is it worth it". If the link is broken, try googling that to get to the article.

:goodvibes

We have a reservation for Garden Grill at 8:15 in March and it shows epcot won't open until 9. Will we be able to get in at the back entrance? Or would we have to go to the front?

I've read that SAB provides life vests free of charge, are children allowed to wear their own life vests from home or only the resort provided vests?

Wow, that is really unfortunate timing. :( We were at the Beach Club just before Matthew, checking out the day before they closed the airport. I was really glad that we weren't there when Matthew hit. I hope that Irma is out of there before you check in. One thing I heard was that the weather was great right after Matthew moved on. Maybe that will happen for you. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how nice it would have been to spend a week with Teena. But now you don't have to worry about flight cancellations and a stormy cruise.
The weather was quite nice after Matthew last year. Hopping for the same, or even better this year! :)

I hope everyone with homes in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and everyone else in the path of Irma over the past couple days are safe and have minimal damage to their properties.

My heart breaks for the people who are enduring life-changing devastation in the Caribbean. It will be a long road back to a place of normality for them.

Kudos to Disney for their flexibility in changing reservations for guests who wanted to get home early, or who needed to cancel all-together due to the storms. It appears they did an amazing job keeping guests safe and entertained at their resorts and welcoming local residents and their furry companions in their time of need.

Like many others, my trip plans were altered, justifiably, by Disney when the cruise Teena and I booked was cancelled. The disruption is minor compared to what everyone else has been going through. Thank you to everyone who showed concern about the cancelled trip.

However- easy come, easy go- or, reverse that... Teena has rebooked us on the September 30 sailing of the Fantasy (Western itinerary).

I am looking forward to experiencing my first Disney cruise, but I am even more excited to be spending a week on the seas with my pal!

:boat:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter