Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am having horrific BC and Disney withdrawals. We loved our beach house on Anna Maria Island (it was incredible, even better than described) and then came back to Universal. The girls and the other family loved it but the boys in our family and to a lesser extent me weren't feeling it. For example, I held my card out for the Express Pass to be scanned on one ride and I heard a beep so I kept walking. The attendant yelled at me for taking the card away too quickly because it didn't actually scan. The mom in the other party was in a ride vehicle and bent down to put her purse down and they slammed down the lap bar and hit her in the nose. No apologies or anything. Who was amazing and the girls loved the thrill rides. They were about to take off on Rip Ride Rocket and they restraints came up. Workers just closed them again with no explanation and sent them on the ride! Glad I didn't hear that story until we were gone.

One member of our party only used one afternoon of three day tickets because there were so many rides they could not fit on. I couldn't fit on RRR, Gringotts (so sad about that) and probably others. I didn't try every test seat. I fit on the bigger seats on Hulk and on Forbidden Journey although it was a bit of a combination of a broom ride and mammogram. LOL.

DH has said he will never return to Disney but DD especially will. DS will go at a cooler time of year. DD was asking about working there as a Canadian and asking for tips from people on the Pavillion.

It won't be four years before I go back!

We just arrived back home last night at 11pm after a 19.5 hour drive to NJ. We had to cut our trip short by 2 days because of Irma. Our flight scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled so we got a refund for that at least. We were debating all week of we were going to stay and ride it out or leave early, so we decided to reserve a car to drive home early just to be safe. So sad we had to leave but we wanted to be safe since we had no idea how long we'd be stuck there. We had an another amazing stay at the BC. We got our request for ground floor- rooms 1556, 1554 and 1552. The CM's at the BC were so helpful with everything as far as leaving or staying for the storm. They even reserved us a room at YC if we decided to stay at 40% off. We ended up leaving so we didn't need it but there was no availability at BC so that was nice to have something reserved right next door just in case. We had 3 rooms, so we are each getting $508 back for 2 nights lost at the resort, 2 days of PH tickets not used will be refunded and I'm not sure how much that will be yet, we have to call to get that situated. We are getting $803 back from Southwest for tomorrows cancelled flight. As much as we loved September last year, this year the heat was awful and we decided to stick with November from now on. The heat/humidity really got to us this year.

We used the Minnie Vans 4 times this trip and LOVED them!! So convenient and my 2 year old niece loved sitting in the car seat in the "minnie car." We will definitely use them next trip.

I went to MNSSHP on Thursday night before we had to head home at 3am and I had a blast! It was great to have some "me time" and ride the rides with no wait times, trick or treat and just enjoy my last night, when it today would have been our last night there.

Hoping everyone stays safe and enjoys their upcoming trips with no issues.

We used the Minnie Vans 4 times this trip and LOVED them!! So convenient and my 2 year old niece loved sitting in the car seat in the "minnie car." We will definitely use them next trip.
Thanks for your trip report! Sounds like you guys had a pretty darned good time, even if it was cut short.

Wondering if you ever used the Minnie Van at park closing....and if so, were they hard to get? I've heard there are only about 25-30 of them so far, and thinking that if we were interested in using them during our trip in Oct/Nov, park closing would be the time we'd want them.

It is because of the photos being on Photo Bucket, and no longer viewable....
Ugh. On the phone with Guest Services again. All this seems very trivial considering what's coming, and I feel ridiculous asking about it again, but I need to be certain. Thanks everyone!

Uh oh! For some reason I can't see the label! Just need to know if its the Plush or Pillowtop. Can anyone see it?

TIA
I think it's just too funny we were in the same room back to back and both loved the mattress. I do miss that bed. We live in germany and have a low lying ikea style bed. Not plush at all.

I think it's just too funny we were in the same room back to back and both loved the mattress. I do miss that bed. We live in germany and have a low lying ikea style bed. Not plush at all.
It is funny. I've been on the quest for a new bed for a long time, and was so happy with the one in "our room" that I want to sleep on it every night!

Thanks for your trip report! Sounds like you guys had a pretty darned good time, even if it was cut short.

Wondering if you ever used the Minnie Van at park closing....and if so, were they hard to get? I've heard there are only about 25-30 of them so far, and thinking that if we were interested in using them during our trip in Oct/Nov, park closing would be the time we'd want them.
We had a wonderful time and my niece had so much fun. We still got so much done, even with the trip cut short. Thursday, MK was wonderful! It was the least crowded we saw the parks all week. We had a PPO at CP and the restaurant was empty, it was so odd. Wait times for everything were so low all day. My niece was able to meet 5 princesses that morning since the wait times were only 10 minutes.

We used the Minnie Van on Sunday night 9/3, after the fireworks at MK. The park closed at 11pm that night so it was easy to get one around 9:30. We used going to and after Hoop Dee Doo on 9/4 which was really nice. I usually love taking the boat from MK to FW but it was so nice to not waste so much time getting to and from FW. And we used it from Disney Springs on Wednesday night - this was more of a hassle because we were on the Marketplace side of DS and they pick you up outside of Cirque du Soleil so we had to hurry to get over there. They are very quick picking up, they were always there within minutes. We never used them at park closing, although I should have after MNSSHP since I didn't get back to BC until after 1am and I had to be up at 2:15am for our drive home.

Ok, so I've now been told that "all of the deluxe resorts" have the pillow tops. According to the Simmons Hospitality website, though, only the GF has the pillowtops, and the other deluxes have the plush. It's not that I don't want to believe the helpful CM, but he got his information from the front desk.

If ANYONE is currently at BC and wouldn't mind (I know there's a LOT going on right now) looking at the tags on their bed, I'd be very appreciative.

All sales are final on these beds, no returns or exchanges.

Thank you so so much!

Ok, so I've now been told that "all of the deluxe resorts" have the pillow tops. According to the Simmons Hospitality website, though, only the GF has the pillowtops, and the other deluxes have the plush. It's not that I don't want to believe the helpful CM, but he got his information from the front desk.

If ANYONE is currently at BC and wouldn't mind (I know there's a LOT going on right now) looking at the tags on their bed, I'd be very appreciative.

Thank you so so much!
I actually looked at our mattress before we checked out on Sunday because DH said he wanted it. I couldn't find the tag, I could only see that it was a Simmons Beautyrest. We did a split stay between GF, Poly and BCV. The bed at the BC and the GF felt the same. The BC mattress felt like a pillowtop. It was definitely "fluffier" than the mattress at the Poly.

It is because of the photos being on Photo Bucket, and no longer viewable....

I'll see if I have the photo in my collection and if I was just lazy about uploading it onto the site.

ETA: Dang! I don't have the photo.

@Wood Nymph This was your post. Any chance you still have the photo of the mattress label from Feb 2016?

:cat:

Hi all,
Got back from BC last weekend and loved the bed we slept on so much that we're looking to order one. Having a hard time getting a solid answer regarding which bed it is, though. We slept in Room 4604. We called down to Mousekeeping while in the room and were told it was a Simmons Hospitality Beautyrest Pillowtop. However, the Simmons site says it was the Plush bed, and not the Pillowtop. Wish I'd taken a look at the tags! I called Mousekeeping again today and was told it was the Plush. However, she said that some beds "may have" been switched to the Pillowtop. I was told to call back to speak to a Furniture Coordinator to find out for sure. I'm asking about it because all sales are final, and these beds are pricey.

Has anyone here purchased a bed through Simmons Hospitality or is anyone at BC right now who would be willing to look at the tags on their bed for me??

TIA!

Mattress info is in post #14! :)

Thank you so so much!

I actually looked at our mattress before we checked out on Sunday because DH said he wanted it. I couldn't find the tag, I could only see that it was a Simmons Beautyrest. We did a split stay between GF, Poly and BCV. The bed at the BC and the GF felt the same. The BC mattress felt like a pillowtop. It was definitely "fluffier" than the mattress at the Poly.

Here is the order form for the mattress at the Beach Club resort. I believe a couple of people have ordered a mattress for their home.

Thank you so so much!
You can search by resort name. This is what they show for the BC:
https://www.guestpurchase.com/hotels/Disneys-Beach-Club-Resort-Disney-World/

Here is the order form for the mattress at the Beach Club resort. I believe a couple of people have ordered a mattress for their home.

I see this form lists sets. When I go to the Guest Purchase website, the foundation is separate, not included. How old is this form?

Oh, it appears the bed has gone up $100 since whenever this form came out...unless there's a discount somewhere?

We left MK after late EMHs at 12:30 am and went to get a bus back to the resort. One bus filled up and there seemed to be no change in the length of the line waiting, so I summoned us a Minnie Van. It came to bus stop 11 (which was the closest one to the entrance) within 3 minutes. You can see what the wait will be before you order it. You also know the Minnie Van number which is painted on the side and they know your name. The front seats are even cooled so it is an EXTREMELY CIVILIZED way to get back to the resort after park closure.

Once all the resorts are using them it may be more difficult to get but our experience was amazing.

We left MK after late EMHs at 12:30 am and went to get a bus back to the resort. One bus filled up and there seemed to be no change in the length of the line waiting, so I summoned us a Minnie Van. It came to bus stop 11 (which was the closest one to the entrance) within 3 minutes. You can see what the wait will be before you order it. You also know the Minnie Van number which is painted on the side and they know your name. The front seats are even cooled so it is an EXTREMELY CIVILIZED way to get back to the resort after park closure.

Once all the resorts are using them it may be more difficult to get but our experience was amazing.
Ooooh... Minnie Vans can go straight to MK bus stop bypassing TTC?! This. Could. Change. Everything. (Ok, well just one evening giving me an extra 20 mins in my schedule but I'll take it!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter