• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Had not been on the board for a long time! Miss checking in but life...

Planned a last minute trip to visit family in nearby (kind of) Port Orange
due to flight credits and really inexpensive airfare. Booked one day at resort after we were in Florida just because the weather was so nice so we could use SAB.

Does anyone know the status of the poolside locker room and showers at SAB?

Pick me, pick me! See below.

Stormalong Bay hours for December 2016 and January 2017

They were 10-8 when we were there 1/25.

On another note, there is no evidence of construction in the existing restrooms by SAB to add showers as was rumored last year.

I was confused at first as well. I walked into the restrooms and there was absolutely no evidence of construction. I had to ask because we couldn't see or hear anything going on. Apparently they are taking a part of the arcade (I may have to take credit for this idea because I actually made this suggestion on several of my surveys). We walked inside the arcade and a large section of the left side of the arcade has been curtained off by heavy duty black plastic (like heavy duty outdoor trash bags). We took a peek behind it and work is indeed being done. Didn't think to take pictures and quite frankly most of it seemed to be initial prep work. I was told to expect completion sometime in April.

Oh and btw Dee, please add us to the BOG list for April 2-9 for DH and I at the villas in a Studio. We will certainly investigate the current status when we are back.

Also, please add us to BOG for August 9-20 for our annual family trip (later than normal to accommodate DD...hoping her schedule will permit).

Resort guests should let the recreation staff know if they think it is important for the CMs to consistently check that guests are staying at the resort before admittance to Stormalong Bay, particularly during times of the year when the resort is fully booked and the pool is busy. I know that at this time of year, crowding is not really an issue, but I don't like to hear this is happening.

We first stopped in to have lunch at Beaches and Cream and were confused by the gates. During the day the gates were closed but weren't locked and you just walked in. After taking seats we were greeted by a favorite cast member who did give us paper bands. We talked to her for a little while and she indicated that they are roving and checking magic bands. We did observe another cast member also checking bands but apparently there was a third one on duty who never checked a single band, so I think it is hit or miss. I was told that they will use this practice until the pool area starts to get busy probably in March or April. It was quiet on the day we were there even though it was 80 degrees.

I will say having the gates open was nice because the gate by the hot tubs wasn't locked so you could use that gate to access the bathrooms instead of walking by Beaches and Cream.

Last edited:
So our reservation type just changed from standard to "Room Type:GdWds HearAcc-VisAlrm Notif 2Q DyBd"

Can anyone help decode? My only request was a full balcony.

Thanks!

So our reservation type just changed from standard to "Room Type:GdWds HearAcc-VisAlrm Notif 2Q DyBd"

Can anyone help decode? My only request was a full balcony.

Thanks!
You were upgraded to Garden/Woods View, two queen beds and daybed; it is a hearing-accessible room, with the following extra features:
Visual Alarm
Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
Visual Telephone Call Alert
Telephone with Volume Control
Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In

We are staying at the BC April 23 - 29 and can't wait. :yay: We've been to WDW many times, but it will be our first time staying at BC. So, help me get excited -- what are your FAVORITE things about staying at BC/YC???

1. Water taxis to/from DHS.
  2. Walking to/from Epcot (or water taxi if you prefer).
  3. Walking to/from Jellyrolls.
  4. Hanging out in Boardwalk area.
  5. Proximity to Captain's Grille restaurant.
  6. Before the room refurbs, the room theming was among my favorite things. However, the theming was toned down to be more subtle at BC, and it seems the same is happening at YC (although I still have hope for YC getting more nautical and Disney theming, as I hear it's a work in progress).
  7. Nice fragrance in lobby.
Have a great trip!

I wanted to let everyone know that WREC Liquidators had a Facebook post saying they have Yacht Club furniture in right now. I know they are located in Somerset Kentucky, not sure if they ship. I tried posting a screen shot of the post but I keep getting an error message.

I was intrigued by your post so I found the page- No pictures or additional information. Just instructions to come into the store:

WREC Liquidators
· January 27 at 9:33am ·
WREC Liquidators finally has Furniture in the store from the recent Disney Room Rehab - Disney's Yacht Club Resort. We hope to have pictures up very soon but until then enjoy 20% OFF everything in the entire store. That's right until we get pictures up of the Yacht Club Resort everything in the store will be 20% OFF. If you are curious as to what the furniture may look like go to Trip Advisor search Disney's Yacht Club Resort and look at the Room Photos. Yacht Club stuff is limited so come in before it's gone!!

:goodvibes

Have an upcoming YC stay this summer and my family LOVES YC more than BC but we miss having the mug station closeby. Do we know that for sure Fittings and Fairings will have that after the construction? So excited and thanks for the info! Enjoy your trip!

100% sure if construction and store employees weren't just giving me a story line.

I have heard from a couple of sources that a mug filling station is being added to Fittings and Fairings. I don't have any information more than that or a timeline.

:thumbsup2

Had not been on the board for a long time! Miss checking in but life...

Planned a last minute trip to visit family in nearby (kind of) Port Orange
due to flight credits and really inexpensive airfare. Booked one day at resort after we were in Florida just because the weather was so nice so we could use SAB.

Pick me, pick me! See below. Pool Hours: They were 10-8 when we were there 1/25. (Thanks!)

I was confused at first as well. I walked into the restrooms and there was absolutely no evidence of construction. I had to ask because we couldn't see or hear anything going on. Apparently they are taking a part of the arcade (I may have to take credit for this idea because I actually made this suggestion on several of my surveys). We walked inside the arcade and a large section of the left side of the arcade has been curtained off by heavy duty black plastic (like heavy duty outdoor trash bags). We took a peek behind it and work is indeed being done. Didn't think to take pictures and quite frankly most of it seemed to be initial prep work. I was told to expect completion sometime in April.

Oh and btw Dee, please add us to the BOG list for April 2-9 for DH and I at the villas in a Studio. We will certainly investigate the current status when we are back.

Also, please add us to BOG for August 9-20 for our annual family trip (later than normal to accommodate DD...hoping her schedule will permit).

We first stopped in to have lunch at Beaches and Cream and were confused by the gates. During the day the gates were closed but weren't locked and you just walked in. After taking seats we were greeted by a favorite cast member who did give us paper bands. We talked to her for a little while and she indicated that they are roving and checking magic bands. We did observe another cast member also checking bands but apparently there was a third one on duty who never checked a single band, so I think it is hit or miss. I was told that they will use this practice until the pool area starts to get busy probably in March or April. It was quiet on the day we were there even though it was 80 degrees.

I will say having the gates open was nice because the gate by the hot tubs wasn't locked so you could use that gate to access the bathrooms instead of walking by Beaches and Cream.

:welcome: back and THANKS SO MUCH for all of the great info about the happenings at the pool!

I will happily add both of your trips to the Be Our Guest list. Is the August trip also at the villas?

:woohoo:

I asked during our October trip and I think they had just started moving some stuff out of the arcade. Wow. Slow going!

But that really will be great if the work is done by April, when pool season will start getting into full swing.

:fish:

They are selling a complete guest room's worth of furniture and accessories for $2,199.99, local pick-up, only. You will need to pick up in KY.
Currently, there are three such rooms-worth available. All sales final.

So, I guess we're going to WDW twice this year! My future DBIL (who reads these threads so, Hi Seth!) is hosting his bachelor party at WL from 4/28-5/1! I haven't stayed at WL since I was in my early 20's, and this time, we're staying CL! Talk about an unexpected big win! We are a bit nervous as we have a pet that's been diagnosed with cancer, but she's already outlived her original prognosis and is currently doing quite well. We're sincerely hoping she continues to do well through the time of our trip. It'll be our first non-BC/YC stay since 2012, but of course, we'll be back at BC in August!

Just wanted to share our happy news!

So, I guess we're going to WDW twice this year! My future DBIL (who reads these threads so, Hi Seth!) is hosting his bachelor party at WL from 4/28-5/1! I haven't stayed at WL since I was in my early 20's, and this time, we're staying CL! Talk about an unexpected big win! We are a bit nervous as we have a pet that's been diagnosed with cancer, but she's already outlived her original prognosis and is currently doing quite well. We're sincerely hoping she continues to do well through the time of our trip. It'll be our first non-BC/YC stay since 2012, but of course, we'll be back at BC in August!

Just wanted to share our happy news!

Geez......and my bachelor party was at the Elks Club [circa 1985]. Nothing against the Elks but since WL wasn't open yet I guess that's a good backup? :tiptoe: Good luck with your pet. :dog:

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going! Come on, 1,000 pages!

We just booked a Caribbean cruise for June 2018 yesterday, and as part of that trip we plan to visit WDW! So we'll be there in June 2018, probably the first week of the month. Obviously we haven't booked yet, but I'm going to keep an eye on when our special travel agency posts the discounted group rates for 2018. We must stay at BC/YC! No WDW trip is the same without being at our favorite pair of resorts! So please put us down, Dee for the Be Our Guest list for June 2018.

It really does feel like coming home to think about visiting BC/YC again!

Hi there - I have a question. I combed through the BC forum and also the FAQ regarding balconies but I can't find the answer. We have a 2 bedroom suite reserved and I was wondering if it's the same situation as with the rooms - 50% have Juliet balconies? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide! :)

Hi there - I have a question. I combed through the BC forum and also the FAQ regarding balconies but I can't find the answer. We have a 2 bedroom suite reserved and I was wondering if it's the same situation as with the rooms - 50% have Juliet balconies? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide! :)

I am also interested in this & view from balcony, have a 2 bedroom BC suite booked Sep 2-5 (may add one more night). Please add me to "the list" for this time.

Big trip with both sons & DILs & 3 YO grandson. First stay at BC, first time visiting in Sep (I generally like late Nov/early Dec), first visit to the World for one DIL & grandson, grandson turns 3 one week before trip. Looking forward to SAB & very short walk to Epcot for F&W. Grandson, now 2 YO, knows & likes Mickey & has several Mickey toys & stuffed animals-I'm really hoping he's not going to be scared or overwhelmed by Mickey in the parks (not scared of Santa or Easter Bunny but you never know).

We're doing split stay with Universal, other DIL is self-professed Harry Potter geek, been to Universal but not since Hogwarts Express was added.

These boards are so helpful in planning trips, I greatly appreciate all those who contribute. Thanks.

I will happily add both of your trips to the Be Our Guest list. Is the August trip also at the villas?

Yep! Love hanging out at YAB. I must say the April trip is actually during my bday (wohoo)!:banana::banana: I had booked at the Grand Floridian for the week but just couldn't pull the trigger. The pull of SAB and all the great folks at YAB was just too strong to ignore and we decided to stick with YAB.

I seem to remember a lot of the board tends to visit in August. Hope hat holds up,this year. Would love to met folks. We always miss the Dis meet.

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I am also interested in this & view from balcony, have a 2 bedroom BC suite booked Sep 2-5 (may add one more night). Please add me to "the list" for this time.

Big trip with both sons & DILs & 3 YO grandson. First stay at BC, first time visiting in Sep (I generally like late Nov/early Dec), first visit to the World for one DIL & grandson, grandson turns 3 one week before trip. Looking forward to SAB & very short walk to Epcot for F&W. Grandson, now 2 YO, knows & likes Mickey & has several Mickey toys & stuffed animals-I'm really hoping he's not going to be scared or overwhelmed by Mickey in the parks (not scared of Santa or Easter Bunny but you never know).

We're doing split stay with Universal, other DIL is self-professed Harry Potter geek, been to Universal but not since Hogwarts Express was added.

These boards are so helpful in planning trips, I greatly appreciate all those who contribute. Thanks.

Sounds like an incredible family trip!!!

I have never stayed in one of the suites, so the info I have comes from guests who have stayed in the past.

As best I can tell from looking at the BC room category map, the 2 Bedroom Suites are:

1637, 1511
2637, 2511 (HA)

This thread has some pictures from room 3637 and 3511 pre-renovation.

BC Deluxe Rooms and Suites

I am checking to see if I can find a decent picture of the back entrance courtyard- I think (but I'm not positive) that some of the 2BR suites the rooms are located at the corner of the building.

If anyone has stayed in a 2BR Suite, especially recently, please post your pictures on this thread and/or the one listed above.

Thanks!

:goodvibes

ETA: This is all I could find

IMG_2770 - Copy.JPG

I don't have pictures looking back at the Beach Club from the path, showing the other side of the building and what the rooms have for balconies on that side.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Newly renovated Yacht Club rooms. I love the look, although I'm not sure I understand the We the People pillow in terms of the resort theme. I have no issue with a pillow that says We the People, I'm just not sure how that fits with the Yacht Club nautical theme.

http://allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

VP
I can tell you now that I will never ever be able to get that ironing board back in that cupboard :scared::scared::scared:

Last edited:
page 775

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going! Come on, 1,000 pages!

We just booked a Caribbean cruise for June 2018 yesterday, and as part of that trip we plan to visit WDW! So we'll be there in June 2018, probably the first week of the month. Obviously we haven't booked yet, but I'm going to keep an eye on when our special travel agency posts the discounted group rates for 2018. We must stay at BC/YC! No WDW trip is the same without being at our favorite pair of resorts! So please put us down, Dee for the Be Our Guest list for June 2018.

It really does feel like coming home to think about visiting BC/YC again!

:welcome: back!

Happy to add you on the list!

:woohoo:

It is certainly looking like we may hit the 1000 page mark. I intend to start up a new thread "when I have time" but I seem to get more and more behind every day and I don't think I see that changing anytime soon.

:faint:

Yep! Love hanging out at YAB. I must say the April trip is actually during my bday (wohoo)!:banana::banana: I had booked at the Grand Floridian for the week but just couldn't pull the trigger. The pull of SAB and all the great folks at YAB was just too strong to ignore and we decided to stick with YAB.

I seem to remember a lot of the board tends to visit in August. Hope hat holds up,this year. Would love to met folks. We always miss the Dis meet.

A few of our regulars with be at the resort in August, but now with Teena living in Vegas, there has not been an organized meet since August 2015. Although a whole bunch of friends crashed on my Anniversary Trip in October 2016 (read all about it in my link)- in fact, working on our main meet for posting later today right now.

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter