• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

'

My ADR date is February 19th. Can you still book 10 days out from that or do you have to go back day by day? I am actually hoping I can do it for eight days in a row because when I read what NM wrote my head started spinning around!!!

I'm seriously upset about this. Where I usually travel in large groups the IPO was a HUGE benefit to me. Extremely irritating to lose it!

Yes, with an onsite resort reservation you can book ADRs under the 180 day +10 rule. Just make sure you have MDE updated with your resort ressie. Similarly, you can do it for FP+ [60 days +10] when that trigger date comes. Good luck!

Well, I can now say we will be at Beach Club, trying club level, THIS YEAR!!!!!! Can't wait! Our kids are very strong swimmers compared to last time we went to Beach Club, so I can't wait to try out the pool with more relaxation! lol

So we got a night flight the day before we arrive for 1/3 the price, even taking into consideration the hotel we have to book. Beach Club wasn't available for that night in addition to our stay, so we have opted to just stay at a value that night. First time for everything! If our flight lands at 11:45pm, what time can we expect to reach the resort? We will be using magical express (we have to retrieve our own bags right?). We plan on heading straight to bed and then leaving as soon as we wake up. The kids just want to get to Beach Club. If we check into BC at 7-8am the next day, I thoroughly assume that our room won't be ready, but can we still use the lounge? Was hoping to make it for breakfast!

And one quick club level question, are we able to take a bottle of water with us to the parks in the morning? Debating if we need to order a case of water as well. Thanks for any insight!

Hey there! Apparently I am no longer even close to being an expert since there have been so many changes since I last stayed in 2013, so take my advice for what it is.

We did the exact thing in 2013 - our flight was further delayed and we ended up at the resort in the middle of the night. :( It was "challenging" to say the least! We had huge lineups even though we had done online check in, which added to the suffering. By the time we got through it, we (and the kids) had been up about 24 hours. We packed pajamas, a change of clothes, and swimwear in our carry-ons so that we did not have to even touch our luggage. I don't think we even brought it in our room - we left it with Bell Services overnight and had it sent to the YC in the morning. We ate breakfast in the Pop food court, but didn't get there until about 10:30 am - it was so crowded that my son said it was like the cornucopia in the Hunger Games! LOL Loved the choices and the Mickey waffles, not too happy about the crowds. We were able to use the lounge immediately on check-in at the YC, even though our room wasn't ready for ages. Have fun!!!

Back from our stay at BCV for marathon weekend. I really intended to take pictures of the room, but didn't do too well. We were in a deluxe studio. I had requested an upper floor near the elevators and was granted both wishes. Our room was 422 and was quite close to the elevators. I thought the view was quite nice from this room and we could see some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations from our balcony.

IMG_3412_zps3ucq5lrf.jpg

The room was quite nice and the bed was good. We had three teenagers with us as well, so it was a tight fit, but we managed. The kids said the sofa bed and murphy bed were both reasonably comfortable as well. I was surprised to see a fair amount of wear and tear already in the room what with the very recently finished refurbishment, especially on the shelf holding the microwave. People can be really rough on places. :( But that was a minor little thing. The kids loved Stormalong Bay although the weather turned pretty cool and limited our pool time. Still it was just lovely.

IMG_3378_zpsaeojurgw.jpg

It was a busy and hectic trip for us with the race weekend and squeezing in a lot of park time as well, so we didn't get to enjoy as much of the resort activities as we might have otherwise.

Bus service was good and most of the time quite prompt. The only prolonged wait we had was leaving out of Animal Kingdom one day when we saw 2-3 buses come and go from many of the other resort stops before ours arrived, but really not a big deal. We really liked being able to walk to two of the parks even though the walk to HS is a little long. The boats though were also very timely for us. We had a wonderful stay and would certainly recommend the resort to others. Thanks so much for all the great information this thread provided!!

It's been a while since I visited this thread! I just booked a Mom/son trip for May 6-11 staying Beach Club. This will be new to us as we have always stayed Yacht. I am looking forward to returning for a Sunken Treasure and SAB! We did a Disney Trifecta in November - we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 3 days, followed by 5 days at Disney's Vero Beach, and then a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy. My ds is 9 and I am looking forward to making some memories with him.

Well Ice Storm Jupiter is causing problems. Our flight got bumped from Tuesday 1/17 to TODAY! I am rushing and packing and now we will be staying at POR for the 14-17 and then checking in at BCV from the 17-24. Any advice on that transition? Disney should transfer my luggage correct? What is the best way to travel from POR to BCV? We are planning on checking out of POR around 9:30/10 and then we have a cape may brunch at 10:55am. If our room isnt ready afterwards (which I expect it not to be) we would like to just enjoy scoping out the resort, walking to Epcot or checking out the Boardwalk. We will have luggage and carryon's that we will need to transport and store and I am guessing Disney can help with this?

Well Ice Storm Jupiter is causing problems. Our flight got bumped from Tuesday 1/17 to TODAY! I am rushing and packing and now we will be staying at POR for the 14-17 and then checking in at BCV from the 17-24. Any advice on that transition? Disney should transfer my luggage correct? What is the best way to travel from POR to BCV? We are planning on checking out of POR around 9:30/10 and then we have a cape may brunch at 10:55am. If our room isnt ready afterwards (which I expect it not to be) we would like to just enjoy scoping out the resort, walking to Epcot or checking out the Boardwalk. We will have luggage and carryon's that we will need to transport and store and I am guessing Disney can help with this?[/QUOTE

Bell Services will store and transfer your luggage between POR and BCV on the 17th. When you check out of POR on the 17th you can call bell services and they will pick up all of your luggage you want transferred. The best way to travel between POR and BCV would be Uber or Taxi, but if you want to use Disney transportation I would suggest a bus to HS and then boat to Y&B Club. I would allow at least an hour for bus and boat trip.
This may not be an option if you have too much luggage or carry ons you are toting.

Well Ice Storm Jupiter is causing problems. Our flight got bumped from Tuesday 1/17 to TODAY! I am rushing and packing and now we will be staying at POR for the 14-17 and then checking in at BCV from the 17-24. Any advice on that transition? Disney should transfer my luggage correct? What is the best way to travel from POR to BCV? We are planning on checking out of POR around 9:30/10 and then we have a cape may brunch at 10:55am. If our room isnt ready afterwards (which I expect it not to be) we would like to just enjoy scoping out the resort, walking to Epcot or checking out the Boardwalk. We will have luggage and carryon's that we will need to transport and store and I am guessing Disney can help with this?

Bell Services will store and transfer your luggage between POR and BCV on the 17th. When you check out of POR on the 17th you can call bell services and they will pick up all of your luggage you want transferred. The best way to travel between POR and BCV would be Uber or Taxi, but if you want to use Disney transportation I would suggest a bus to HS and then boat to Y&B Club. I would allow at least an hour for bus and boat trip.
This may not be an option if you have too much luggage or carry ons you are toting.

As described above, Disney will transfer your luggage, but you won't have access to it until sometime that afternoon. I would advise avoiding the hassle of travel by hiring a taxi to bring you directly from POR to BC and take your luggage with you. Then leave your bags with Bell Services so you can get to them as soon as your room is ready. Shouldn't be that expensive, probably under $20 with tip. And they have large vans if you need more space for passengers/luggage.

:car:

As described above, Disney will transfer your luggage, but you won't have access to it until sometime that afternoon. I would advise avoiding the hassle of travel by hiring a taxi to bring you directly from POR to BC and take your luggage with you. Then leave your bags with Bell Services so you can get to them as soon as your room is ready. Shouldn't be that expensive, probably under $20 with tip. And they have large vans if you need more space for passengers/luggage.

:car:

As always, you guys are amazing! I wish I could have swung the 4 more days at Beach Club but POR will be a fun experience as well. THanks!

Hello, Beach Club buddies!!! Long time since I checked in here. And yowzers, when I went looking for the thread, i finally found it ON PAGE 2.....NOT GOOD!!!

Anyway, I am dreaming about Beach Club, as it's been WAY WAY too long since I stayed there, but unless there is a REALLY REALLY good AP discount next fall, I don't think it's going to happen. Every trip, though, I try to at least walk through (and use the secret door) so I feel like I'm visiting my old friend!

After reading some of the recent posts here, I still feel like one of the gang...so I might hang around for a while, if it's alright with all of you! :)

That is what I was afraid of. I will be there with my DS20 for an end of the semester special trip and Captain's Grille was the only restaurant he specifically requested! I'll keep checking and maybe that date will become available. I did notice that I can make an ADR for our arrival date, so maybe we'll just plan on going then. Either way, we are planning on having an awesome trip!

I was told when we dined at Captain's Grille in Dec. that during the rehab, it is moving to the old Ariel's location. They were not sure if the menu would remain the same.

Eeek...I have to say I am not a fan of no carpet - but not having a bathtub is a deal breaker. Surely this cannot be the norm. I may change resorts for May if this is how all the rooms will be. Optimistically I cannot imagine such a child friendly place not offering bathtubs...I don't want to switch resorts. Will try to patiently wait for more info as refurb progresses!

There will be a mix of rooms with only a shower and some with the tub/shower combo. I am not sure how they will decide who gets which room.

My friend just checked-in to a 1 night stay in a standard view room at Yacht Club. She was offered multiple rooms and told to "take this one" upon checking in. She is in a completed refurb:

View attachment 214548 View attachment 214547 View attachment 214546

She also said she can hear work above her on the third floor and sees painters going in and out of the rooms on the second floor.
I'm disappointed in this room, sort of. Aside from no carpet or throw rug, the bed and bedding is butt ugly. Honestly, I don't see why Disney sees the attraction in these ugly box springs. This room looks as if they gathered "yacht-like" items and then threw them all together kind of haphazardly.

I would NEVER know I'm at a Disney resort by the looks of this room and that is so sad!

Also, it's okay to have a little color in a room, too, and still have it elegant. Too much navy, maybe?

I like the shower-only, but I see how parents with little ones would not. Maybe Disney is catering more for the adults only crowd with YC?

Something just seems not pulled together in this room.

We are staying at the YC for 4 nights this coming August and then going to the GF for 3 nights. We have never done club level before and I really want to try it. My husband will not be going to any of the parks with us, as he doesn't really enjoy them and we go every year. He will stay at the resort, work out, lie in the sun and we will all meet up for dinner. My children (14, 14, 8) will go to the parks every day but we don't spend all day in the parks. We usually go for around 5 hours a day, no commando. I got a great magical deal for August and I think club level is around $150/night more. I know we won't eat/drink $600 but know we will enjoy the offerings. Is there anything else special about club level except for the food/beverages? Pros/cons of club level? Thanks for any info.

Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

August :sunny:

Choppygirl Aug BC/YC
mom of 3 blondes Aug YC
CerysG mid Aug YC
AliceIn Aug BC Deluxe
Buzzy Belle Aug BC
mindy lou Aug BC (split with Poly)
jenifferf00 Aug BC
manicstreet Aug BC
eemmie1 Aug BCV studio Anniversary trip :love2:

Otooleh Aug 2-9 BC (split with AKL)
DisneyCAL Aug 15-23 BC
Scott MC Aug 17-27 BC
stephd219 Aug 19-26 BC
kandb Aug 22-26? YC (split with GF 4 nights)

Last edited:
January 6, 2017 Page 757

May 30, 2015 Page 334 (Locked Thread)

Can you add me to the Be Our Guest List? August 22-31 YC. So excited to finally stay here!!

We are staying at the YC for 4 nights this coming August and then going to the GF for 3 nights. We have never done club level before and I really want to try it. My husband will not be going to any of the parks with us, as he doesn't really enjoy them and we go every year. He will stay at the resort, work out, lie in the sun and we will all meet up for dinner. My children (14, 14, 8) will go to the parks every day but we don't spend all day in the parks. We usually go for around 5 hours a day, no commando. I got a great magical deal for August and I think club level is around $150/night more. I know we won't eat/drink $600 but know we will enjoy the offerings. Is there anything else special about club level except for the food/beverages? Pros/cons of club level? Thanks for any info.

Check out this thread for comprehensive Club Level information
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/

I have not stayed CL at YC, only at the Poly, but wanted to offer that the greatest advantage I see, outside of the food and drink offerings, is that you gain another gathering space. Your DH would essentially have a "living room", separate from your room, to hang out in while you are in the parks. With 3 kids in the room, too, it just gives everyone some breathing room. Someone want to take a nap? Others want to hang out, but don't want to be in the pool? They can go to the lounge. My own family hasn't been able to justify the cost difference after staying CL once, but we all go to the parks. That $150 a day is easier to digest if you se it as your DH's park ticket (assuming you aren't purchasing him one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter