Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Y'all - I'm SO excited! My MagicBands have shipped and I'm less than 30 days from my first-ever long stay at a resort! (My parents still live in Orlando, so I usually stay with them except for the occasional one-off night).

I've got one night at BC (Jan. 5) and then four nights at BCV! (Jan. 6-10) - super excited.

There's a large group of us running the events over Marathon Weekend - since I'm local, I'll be bringing cases of bottled water with me for our rooms ... and there's always some left over that I don't feel like carting back. Let me know if you're checking in on the 10th and I'll leave the remainder at Bell Services for you!

@Keels we feel the same!! Got our DME luggage tags and notification of our magic band shipment!! Maybe we will see you around BCV during race weekend.

Just checked into the Yacht Club. It's true, no resort info or bounceback info in the room. The only thing here is a small brochure with the room service menu. All we were given at check in was the resort entertainment schedule & the single page of park hours. Will keep an eye out for an email with the offer. But we are planning on returning in May, so I'll be calling to book even if I don't get it.

Luckily Magic Express went smoothly, we were on the road about an hour after landing & at YC about 35 minutes after that.

Hi all!!! We just returned from a very magical and wonderful stay: 7 nights at YC and the remaining 3 nights at AKL!

My hubby did a trip report in the trip reports forum. You can read it here: http://disboards.com/threads/our-ma...nov-29th-dec-6th-and-akl-dec-6th-9th.3565048/

What a fabulous time we had at YC. I didn't get my room requests :rotfl2: (I had requested top floor, we got ground floor. I had requested a daybed, we didn't get one. I had requested close to lobby, we were close to the wedding gazebo and a little further from the lobby.) I know you aren't guaranteed the requests but I had to laugh. HOWEVER, we ended up LOVING our location. We were a hop, skip and a jump away from the side door by the gazebo and we could walk right out to the boardwalk. It took 2 minutes to walk to Hurricane Hanna's, fill up our cups and walk back to the room. We could walk to the corner part of the boardwalk YC side and have a PERFECT view of Illuminations (we stood/sat by where the jet ski boats are... or whatever those things are called).

We LOVE the smell of the YC lobby and now I need a candle with that scent! We loved the train village and the tree. We loved the cast members who work there. We took full advantage of SAB. We never had a bus problem. Everything was perfect and we are already in withdrawal. The only "negative thing" that we had was that the room showed wear and tear... I know there will be refurbishments soon and they are much needed.

I also loved the smell of the BC lobby and we loved the carousel. One of the big differences we noticed is that BC is way more busy and hopping and YC was quiet and laid back. All in all, we love the boardwalk area and will always have at least part of our stay at one of the 3 hotels there. :-)

Each horse has a miniature of the character in front of it and there are hidden Mickey's placed throughout :santa: Funny when I was there taking pictures I missed so many details :rolleyes1 For instance, I didn't notice that Minnie's horse is wearing her trade mark yellow shoes :love:Chip and Dale are hitching a ride on Pluto's back

Thank you for sharing! As a teacher, I have to vacation during school breaks, so I don't get to see the Christmas decorations unless I travel between Christmas and New Years. I appreciate seeing them through your photos.

Thank you for sharing! As a teacher, I have to vacation during school breaks, so I don't get to see the Christmas decorations unless I travel between Christmas and New Years. I appreciate seeing them through your photos.

Thanks for your kind words, Stephd219 :thanks: I am a retired teacher so I completely understand what you are saying :cool1:I will not miss the horrible heat and humidity of August at all :woohoo:Christmas is such a beautiful time at Disney World :love::santa:

There are no terrific room views at the BCV like at some other resorts - Boardwalk View at BWV, Savannah view at AKV etc.
The Villas building was added in the prior cast parking lot and it is behind the main BC. No lagoon view or anything special. We just think about what we like and request that - for example first floor, near elevator. Or higher floor Woods view etc.
That said, the BCV run close to capacity at all times. A room that meets your requests would have to be open for the length of your stay the morning you checkin for it to be assigned to you. I have never received my BCV Villa requests. But I have never been disappointed in my view either.
Good Luck

Thank you for this. My pre-trip request was away from the pool and elevators. I wanted something quiet. We ended up with a suit on the 4th floor. The view was of the back road, which I couldn't hear at all. It worked out great.

I had a great time and the room was perfect. The updated rooms look fantastic. I'm going back in Jan for a solo trip. I'll be in the Studio BCV.

THANK YOU :)

page 739-741

@Wood Nymph and @mlittig Thanks for helping to spread some holiday cheer by posting wonderful holiday pictures from our favorite place!

Thank you both for the incredible photos!!!

:santa:

I knew I should have posted our new trip dates yesterday. ;) We booked a bounce back for a BC - GV room, May 19-24, 2017 for our anniversary. :) There wasn't any information about a bounce back offer in our room at the GF. You would have to know the bounce back extension number, which is 8844, or the phone number, in order to book a BB before checking out. I don't know if Disney plans to publish the dates or just leave it a great big secret. :confused3

Got it!

I'll add you onto the list.

:woohoo:

Y'all - I'm SO excited! My MagicBands have shipped and I'm less than 30 days from my first-ever long stay at a resort! (My parents still live in Orlando, so I usually stay with them except for the occasional one-off night).

I've got one night at BC (Jan. 5) and then four nights at BCV! (Jan. 6-10) - super excited.

There's a large group of us running the events over Marathon Weekend - since I'm local, I'll be bringing cases of bottled water with me for our rooms ... and there's always some left over that I don't feel like carting back. Let me know if you're checking in on the 10th and I'll leave the remainder at Bell Services for you!

What a great offer!!!

I hope someone takes you up on it. If you don't get any responses right away, perhaps post after the first of the year if you think of it.

:thumbsup2

Anyone know how long they leave holiday decorations up? Arriving on Jan. 1st.

:welcome: to the thread!

Are you staying at YC or BC?

As Wood Nymph indicated, the decorations should still be up at the resort on January 1 and probably for a few days after that. I can't remember when they were taken down last year. I was at the Beach Club on Sunday January 10 and the decorations at the resort were gone, but they were still up at the parks at that time.

:goodvibes

View attachment 209841
I received this email while we were at BC in November. I didn't notice if anything was still in the rooms at the time because we're DVC so we don't book bounce back.

Thank you so much for posting this! I am going to add this info to the FAQ post on Page 1.

::yes::

Hi all!!! We just returned from a very magical and wonderful stay: 7 nights at YC and the remaining 3 nights at AKL!

My hubby did a trip report in the trip reports forum. You can read it here: http://disboards.com/threads/our-ma...nov-29th-dec-6th-and-akl-dec-6th-9th.3565048/

*snip*

So glad to hear you had a great trip and that even though your room request were not met, you were happy with the results.

:rotfl:

I haven't checked out the trip report yet, but I'll head over when I am done catching up here.

:goodvibes

Thank you for this. My pre-trip request was away from the pool and elevators. I wanted something quiet. We ended up with a suit on the 4th floor. The view was of the back road, which I couldn't hear at all. It worked out great.

I had a great time and the room was perfect. The updated rooms look fantastic. I'm going back in Jan for a solo trip. I'll be in the Studio BCV.

THANK YOU :)

:welcome: back!

I'll put you on the list for January.

:cool1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter