• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure what to believe. I got a call from Garden Grocer 2 days ago stating they could only deliver to the Yacht Club between 4-9 due to the construction. I'm hoping that means it is just the delivery area that is compromised and not the Yacht Club bus stop. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Yes, I posted the link several pages back. Evidently the information is not entirely correct. Someone on the thread e-mailed the Yacht Club concierge and was told it was just the Beach Club bus stop that was being refurbished, the YC bus stop will continue to operate normally.

"YACHT CLUB BUS STOP IS NOT CHANGED!!!
This morning, I sent an e-mail to the Yacht Club about my concerns of sharing a bus stop and having issues with overcrowded buses causing delays to the parks.
I just received this e-mail from Yacht Club Concierge.
"The Yacht Club bus stop will remain in the same area that it has also
been. We are not combining bus stops, any communication you may have
heard about combined bus stops is incorrect"
So, now all of our worries can be cast aside.
Yippee!"

Last edited:

page 666-670

Booked for BCV July 29-August 6 2017 Dee can you add us to the BOG list? Thanks!

:welcome: back!!!

Will do!

:woohoo:

I book ADRs tomorrow for our first stay at Beach club....any must do's for restaurants other then cape may and beaches n cream??

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. November?

:cool1:

Try Il Mulino at The Swan. If you like Italian, the food and service were phenomenal. Best Italian restaurant on property in my opinion.

:welcome: to the thread and thank you for the input.

I wanted to remind folks that someone recently mentioned an online coupon for 20% off (I believe) at the Swan and Dolphin restaurants through the end of this year. I don't think I have linked it to the Dining Post (Page 7) yet, but make sure you search for it on this thread if you are planning on eating at one of the places at the Swalphin.

:goodvibes

Can't believe we've been home a week already! Laundry is all done, sleep pattern back to normal... Post holiday blues are definitely in full force!

Anyway- I thought I'd let you know about our room, which was great in some ways, and awful in others.

This is room 4240 in the Yacht Club.

*snip*

Will we return? Definitely!! Wife loved being so close to Epcot and Boardwalk, there are so many choices of places to eat and drink. But next time we'll definitely either go for a higher room category, or ask to stay closer to the elevators and not worry about a king bed.

Thank you so much for your detailed review. May I add a link to the YC Room View/Description thread and to the resort review section on Page 1?

From what I understand the rooms at the very end of the hallway at YC have some pretty long walks and poor views. If the king bed request is not important, then asking for something close to lobby elevators is probably a good idea.

Thanks, again!

:thumbsup2

For those who have used Uber at the Beach Club - where do you have them pick you up?

I had one not show up at Port Orleans Riverside so I'm not sure if I'm going to use a taxi or uber to and from Animal Kingdom - I was going to rent a car but realized AK is the only park I'd use it for so it wasn't worth the cost.

My trip is only 10 days away!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I am very excited to say please add me back the BOG list. October 8-12 BC ( my 50th birthday )

A few ( let's be real this thread moves fast - a bunch of pages ) I said I had to cancel ( actually canceled in April but was in denial ) last week DH was feeling guilty ( his conference was why we canceled ) and said lets try and work it out it out to go. I first say no way - you can't plan a WDW trip a little over 30 days out . I am a book my adrs at 180 days exactly and fast pass at midnight 60 days out kind of planner . But fate intervened , I was looking on WDW info for mvmcp dates thinking lets go in December when I find an article about can you really plan a last minute trip ???? So I thought , lower my expectations and this can work. 32 days out I booked POFQ - which I like and only deluxe availability was GF villas - but in the back of my head I was really wanting YC or BC. I check 29 days out and low and behold all EPCOT area available. YC is my favorite but went BC this trip ( already renovated) DH hasn't been to any of the EPCOT area ( most trips below are with sons and my parents ) so very excited to show him how convenient and nice they are . I was also pleasantly surprised at my options for fast passes and adr. Granted nothing that was high demand but still plenty to choose from .

:woohoo:

So glad to hear that!

party:

I completely agree with Il Mulino. We just ate there the end of Aug. for the first time and were blown away. Booked again for Nov :thumbsup2

See above regarding coupon.

::yes::

@chloelovesdisney

WOW!!! Thanks for the awesome picture! Hope you don't mind if I add it to the Room View thread. What was the bedding? 2 Queens? Did your room have a daybed or not?

Last edited:
I have updated the Be Our Guest list. Please take a moment to see if I have your information listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

Dee...I owe you a case of erasers at this point. We're now checking out Jan 7th and staying at an airport hotel the last night. Our flight's at 7am, so it just doesn't make sense to have a rather pricey 1 bdrm villa for a night that we will only get to sleep in it a few hours. (And it saves us around $500, so there's that.)

I know I won't want to leave Disney, but I'm being all practical and grown-up. :-)

Not true. I received an e-mail from Yacht Club stating
"The Yacht Club bus stop will remain in the same area that it has also
been. We are not combining bus stops, any communication you may have
heard about combined bus stops is incorrect."
If I remember correctly the yacht club bus stop was refurbed not too long ago. It would make sense that it's the beach clubs turn.

So is construction completed at the Yacht Club bus stop? Is it back to its original location?

Took the bus to MK from YC at 8:30 last night. Bus stop in the usual location to the left of the lobby. No signs of construction. Bus arrival monitor was working. It did look like they had widened the road right there a little bit. But definately everything back to normal! :thumbsup2

Took the bus to MK from YC at 8:30 last night. Bus stop in the usual location to the left of the lobby. No signs of construction. Bus arrival monitor was working. It did look like they had widened the road right there a little bit. But definately everything back to normal! :thumbsup2
Thank you! I wonder if, even as BC guests, we would be better off using the YC stop. It seems that some posters report doing so anyway, to get a better chance of getting on the bus without it being full already.

I guess it might depend on which end of the BC our room is? (I have never been, so I am just going off the maps!)

Will do!

Thanks so much for your review. So glad to hear you had a fantastic trip.

Question for you- you have a picture of the whirlpool in SAB. Was the feature working? Last report I heard was from a guest who said the current was not going around and around.

Thanks!

Hmmm I don't think I went in the whirlpool, so I am not sure if that feature was working or not, sorry!

Thank you! I wonder if, even as BC guests, we would be better off using the YC stop. It seems that some posters report doing so anyway, to get a better chance of getting on the bus without it being full already.

I guess it might depend on which end of the BC our room is? (I have never been, so I am just going off the maps!)
We never used the YC bus stop this past week and we were glad we didn't since the buses were never full, even with YC being picked up first. We loved the buses there because of that. We were never packed in like we've been in the past at other resorts. Maybe it depends on where your room is and when you go. Our rooms were on the ground floor, right next to the lobby, so it made sense to just use the BC bus stop, as it was close. We were shocked by how great the transportation was there.

You're going to have a terrific vacation! If you've never been on a Merrytime Christmas Cruise you are in for a real treat. Enjoy!

Thanks! This will actually be our 2nd time on a Merrytime cruise. Last time was in 2014 on the same ship... The Fantasy. We also did a post stay at the Beach Club and it was a PERFECT location. Epcot is my DD favorite park. We stayed 5 days and even though it was right after Christmas, the crowds were manageable. We got on every ride we wanted to and go every reservation. It was sooo much fun. Thanks to this blog I knew everything to do beforehand. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DISboard. :disrocks:

Can't wait to see the new rooms at the BC and I chose CL as this will be a week after my 50th BDay... so I'm going all out for me too! Will do Poly CL post cruise as we come back on NYE... didn't want to spend my time flying back across the country on NYE.

We never used the YC bus stop this past week and we were glad we didn't since the buses were never full, even with YC being picked up first. We loved the buses there because of that. We were never packed in like we've been in the past at other resorts. Maybe it depends on where your room is and when you go. Our rooms were on the ground floor, right next to the lobby, so it made sense to just use the BC bus stop, as it was close. We were shocked by how great the transportation was there.
Yes but the BC bus stop will be under construction and moved far away enough to apparently need a shuttle during our trip. The temporary stop looks extremely un-magical, too, if that's it on the first page of this thread. :(

Well we just got home from our fabulous trip. We are so sad, but it was truly amazing. We LOVED the BC and we are ready to book for the same week next year and we are returning. Everyone was right... We fell in love with the resort and that smell in the lobby is amazing!!!! This trip was all about my 17 month old niece, and let me just say, you are never too young to go to WDW! She had an absolute blast and the CM's, guests and characters loved her and had so much fun with her. We did everything this trip, when we thought it would be difficult with a toddler, but we brought her on everything and she wasn't scared of anything and we utilized rider swap when needed. We loved our rooms and the location was perfect - right by the lobby on the ground floor. I want to stay at BC again for SAB alone! We spent every afternoon there for our break. After Labor Day, the pool was empty (parks were too!). The slide is so much fun. I think the only complaint I have is the ability to hear noise in your room from next door. We had to stuff towels under the conjoining door because it sounded like the family next to me was in my room lol. We really wish that the Marketplace had more lunch/dinner choices but we did have lunch at Hurricane Hannas. We were tired of eating flatbreads after day 3 lol. Mousekeeping was awesome and cleaned our rooms in the morning while we were at the park. They were done and cleaned for us to come back for our break, and it was nice for the baby if a nap was needed. My niece loved chatting with the CM's and other guests. Last night she couldn't stop talking to the CM at the Movie under the stars. It was adorable.

We were nervous about the transportation at BC but I must say, this was the best transportation experience we've ever had in all of our stays in WDW. The boat to DHS was either there waiting or just pulling up when we needed it. The buses were always there within minutes of us getting to the bus stop or coming in a few minutes and the screen with the times was very accurate. We loved the walk to Epcot. We just couldn't believe how great the buses were. Even sharing with YC, we never had to stand and we were never packed in like sardines. The buses were always empty it seemed. That was a huge plus this trip. The BC bus stop wasn't moved, but I know it will be temporarily soon, so I am glad we missed that since the buses are in a great location currently.

Edited to add: We had 3 rooms this trip but only my sisters room had the bug repellant spray. My room and my parents room did not, but we just used the one in my sisters room.

You can add us to the Be Our Guest list for next year! We are going Sept 3-12, 2017 and staying at BC again.

Love your awesome report and your lovely pictures! Your niece is adorable and I love her cute outfits! I can't wait for our trip... thank you!

Yes but the BC bus stop will be under construction and moved far away enough to apparently need a shuttle during our trip. The temporary stop looks extremely un-magical, too, if that's it on the first page of this thread. :(
Oh okay, I wasn't sure if you'd be there before they moved it. Depending on where your room is, you probably will be better off using the YC stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter