Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was wondering the same thing! I would like to request a room closer to the lobby and/or elevators but if the smell of sea food is strong there, I feel like I will not enjoy it.

I can only speak for the third floor and am trying to do this without a map of the resort in front of me, but when walking from my room (3726) towards the elevators, the first hallway on your right was where I smelled the seafood. All others including my own were fine, if I recall correctly.

I can only speak for the third floor and am trying to do this without a map of the resort in front of me, but when walking from my room (3726) towards the elevators, the first hallway on your right was where I smelled the seafood. All others including my own were fine, if I recall correctly.

Ok thank you!!! :-)

That is correct. It's basically the same spot but before the bridge (meaning much closer.)

And due to less guests using it, there's only one slot vs the 3 at the beach club.
Staying at BCV and having dinner at Yachtsman. After dinner, we will be catching a bus. Am I to assume that the YC bus stop will be closer than BC? Coming out of Yachtsman, do we walk to the right?:confused3 TIA!:goodvibes

Staying at BCV and having dinner at Yachtsman. After dinner, we will be catching a bus. Am I to assume that the YC bus stop will be closer than BC? Coming out of Yachtsman, do we walk to the right?:confused3 TIA!:goodvibes

Yes, you can turn right and follow hallway to the YC lobby. Exit out the front (non lake side) of lobby, and follow the path on the left, which leads directly to the bus stop. You will probably be able to see the stop as you exit the resort.

I just saw this on the DVC News site. It is listing BCV as COMPLETED! Only 1 more work week until I can see for myself!!

Late-Summer 2016 Resort Refurbishment Update

A certain beach-themed resort refurbishment project is wrapping up as others are just getting under way. Following is your update on all of the Disney Vacation Club properties scheduled for renovations.

No fewer than eight Disney Vacation Club properties are being refreshed throughout 2016. Here is a quick look at the status of each resort project:

Completed
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Jambo House - the soft goods refurbishment brought new fabrics and decor to all Jambo House villas.
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas - all rooms are scheduled to have completed renovations at this time. Updates include new decor, twin sleeper in Deluxe Studio rooms, larger TVs and updated bathrooms.
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas - in-room renovations begun in spring 2015 are scheduled to have completed. All rooms feature new fabrics and decor, flooring, fifth sleeper in Deluxe Studio rooms and more.
  • Treehouse Villas - soft goods refurbishment brings new fabrics and wallcoverings to all units.

Yes, you can turn right and follow hallway to the YC lobby. Exit out the front (non lake side) of lobby, and follow the path on the left, which leads directly to the bus stop. You will probably be able to see the stop as you exit the resort.
THANKS, great info!:banana:

I just saw this on the DVC News site. It is listing BCV as COMPLETED! Only 1 more work week until I can see for myself!!

Late-Summer 2016 Resort Refurbishment Update

A certain beach-themed resort refurbishment project is wrapping up as others are just getting under way. Following is your update on all of the Disney Vacation Club properties scheduled for renovations.

No fewer than eight Disney Vacation Club properties are being refreshed throughout 2016. Here is a quick look at the status of each resort project:

Completed
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Jambo House - the soft goods refurbishment brought new fabrics and decor to all Jambo House villas.
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas - all rooms are scheduled to have completed renovations at this time. Updates include new decor, twin sleeper in Deluxe Studio rooms, larger TVs and updated bathrooms.
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas - in-room renovations begun in spring 2015 are scheduled to have completed. All rooms feature new fabrics and decor, flooring, fifth sleeper in Deluxe Studio rooms and more.
  • Treehouse Villas - soft goods refurbishment brings new fabrics and wallcoverings to all units.
I hope that's accurate. I'm waiting to see if the studio occupancy will be changing to 5 soon so we can add our son on to our reservation.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Just up the thread, BriLam mentioned that the smell from Cape May is noticeable in the hallways above and nearly above the restaurant. Did you experience this in the halls or your room?
No not at all. The hallways by our room were very quiet and a little walk from the elevators but not too bad. We never smelled anything in the hallways or our room from Cape May.

:(

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the 2018 Be Our Guest list. Which month?

From what I understand, there are limited king beds throughout the resort, but I don't know how many.

I know your priority is the Boardwalk View, so you should request "Boardwalk View, please. King bed if possible"

:)

Thanks for the kind words and helping to add to the info archives for the resort.

:thumbsup2
Natebenma - We will be going May 30-June 5 2018.

No not at all. The hallways by our room were very quiet and a little walk from the elevators but not too bad. We never smelled anything in the hallways or our room from Cape May.

Thank you for the extra info and thank you to you too BriLam ( no idea how to multi quote).

This helps me pinpoint the rooms I might have concerns about as far as lingering cooking odors. Some smells are migraine triggers for me, especially when overpowering or long lasting.

I will use the info if we get the room ready text before arriving to determine if we need to stop by the desk to see what other rooms are available.

This thread is fantastic!

Thank you for the extra info and thank you to you too BriLam ( no idea how to multi quote).

This helps me pinpoint the rooms I might have concerns about as far as lingering cooking odors. Some smells are migraine triggers for me, especially when overpowering or long lasting.

I will use the info if we get the room ready text before arriving to determine if we need to stop by the desk to see what other rooms are available.

This thread is fantastic!
You can ask your TA to add the request to be far from Cape May to your reservation. :)

Last edited:
I book ADRs tomorrow for our first stay at Beach club....any must do's for restaurants other then cape may and beaches n cream??

According to Orlando Theme Park News, the bus stop refurbishment should be completed on October 7th.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/09/temporary-bus-stop-relocation-at-yacht.html
Thanks for posting the link. It says that due to work at both YC and BC, bus stops are temporarily moved over to the BC Villas' parking lot.

It also states "Guests who may need assistance getting to the parking lot will be serviced by a courtesy shuttle in the morning and evening."

Is there a temporary sheltered area set up for waiting in the rain?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter