• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We had a great time tonight. I saw Teena and Dee before they had to shout my name. We rode some rides, ate some food and had a some laughs. It was a great way to spend my last night at WDW. I'll write more thoughts when we get home, but for now I can say we've had a great week and tonight was a highlight. :)

I did not know any of my Dis friends before but thanks to this friendly thread I've made some great friends and had the opportunity to meet some of them in person. It has been great to develop such a great group of disney friends!

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

To find people via the "Ninja Mom Tarzan yell" you have to have the lungs for it. It's not for amateurs and those people using inhalers should take double the number of puffs before attempting the yell. Do not attempt the Tarzan yell if you feel faint. Do not consume alcohol while yelling; likewise, avoid red meat, shellfish, and vegetables as these can suddenly be expelled from your mouth as you yell. Yelling for Nannette is 3 times more likely to produce results. Yelling for a phone book or a room clock will not provide satisfactory results.

When yelling, bowel movements may become frequent-in fact, every ten minutes. If bowel movements become greater than four per hour, consult your doctor, or just anyone who will speak to you and pretend they are a doctor. Do not go near the pool when yelling. See the first sentence in this paragraph for an explanation.

If a fungus starts to grow between your eyebrows stop yelling and consult a psychic. Stop yelling if you feel that your teeth are receiving radio broadcasts. Yelling for people has been known to cause pantyhose to spontaneously run. If your pantyhose run while yelling for God's sake run after them and catch them!

Yelling for longer than an hour may cause joint pain, nausea, head-ache, or shortness of breath. You may also experience muscle aches, rapid heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. The people near you while you are yelling will feel worse.

You can get style points for yelling for people.
10 points if you fart "a little" while yelling.
15 points if your pantyhose or the pantyhose of a person in your vicinity runs.
25 points if a stranger starts to yell with you
50 points if a stranger with the same name as you are yelling comes over to see what all the fuss is about.
100 points if security is called but you can out run them
1000 points if the person you are randomly yelling for actually shows up in 3 yells or less

Dole Whip from new, hidden stand behind Tiki Room.
::yes::

Do you mean the dole whips that are now at the Aloha Isle Stand? The Dole whips were moved from Sunshine Tree Terrace awhile back.

~NM

I wasn't planning on going to the parks on Sunday, but now I have a ticket. I'll be on the lookout for people I know, I'll be wearing a light blue Beach Club shirt.
Hi Dee - I'm glad that you were able to get a ticket. We will be at MK tomorrow morning with lunch at Be Our Guest, which I'm really looking forward to. We are planning to stop by the BC later in the afternoon, after the marathoners have finished running through the area and the traffic clears up. Hopefully, you'll be back from TSMM by then. :)

We saw the parade at the Magic Kingdom today and it was the first time that DH had ever seen the afternoon parade - ever. But the timing worked well and the weather was nice.

Hi all,

I am from the uk and am already in planning mode for our trip in August 2017! We always stayed offsite in a villa but in 2015 stayed at SSR with the free dining offer. We loved being in the Disney bubble and decided our next visit would also be on site. We had a dinner ADR at Yachtmans Steakhouse and explored the area and fell in love with the place. We are saving our pennies very hard to be able to stay at either Yacht Club or Beach Club for our holiday hoping we are able to take advantage of the free ddp that they usually offer uk guests as the flights and room rates add up for a 16 night stay which makes the long flight worthwhile. I do have a couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me. We are staying in August so know it will be busy but will SAB be unbearable and will we be able to ever find 3 seats together??? I have read reports where people get up early and head off to the parks after reserving their loungers with towels for when they return late afternoon. Is this a common practice? We had no problems getting loungers at SSR in any of the pools and there were no saving of seats there. Also, I really love the Yacht Club side and the lobby etc but the Beach Club rooms look much nicer. I had read the Club Lounge at the Yacht Club is being refurbed but are the normal rooms and would they all be completed by August 2017? Sorry for the questions but the holiday will cost us about £8000 so we want to make sure we get the choice right :)

Janet, I just googled and WOW...you have some amazing designs. You are one talented lady!!!

Thank you so much! I do love designing mittens. :)

To find people via the "Ninja Mom Tarzan yell" you have to have the lungs for it. It's not for amateurs and those people using inhalers should take double the number of puffs before attempting the yell. Do not attempt the Tarzan yell if you feel faint. Do not consume alcohol while yelling; likewise, avoid red meat, shellfish, and vegetables as these can suddenly be expelled from your mouth as you yell. Yelling for Nannette is 3 times more likely to produce results. Yelling for a phone book or a room clock will not provide satisfactory results.

When yelling, bowel movements may become frequent-in fact, every ten minutes. If bowel movements become greater than four per hour, consult your doctor, or just anyone who will speak to you and pretend they are a doctor. Do not go near the pool when yelling. See the first sentence in this paragraph for an explanation.

If a fungus starts to grow between your eyebrows stop yelling and consult a psychic. Stop yelling if you feel that your teeth are receiving radio broadcasts. Yelling for people has been known to cause pantyhose to spontaneously run. If your pantyhose run while yelling for God's sake run after them and catch them!

Yelling for longer than an hour may cause joint pain, nausea, head-ache, or shortness of breath. You may also experience muscle aches, rapid heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. The people near you while you are yelling will feel worse.

50 points if a stranger with the same name as you are yelling comes over to see what all the fuss is about.
1000 points if the person you are randomly yelling for actually shows up in 3 yells or less

~NM

You forgot the style points for reenacting scenes from Titanic while yelling from a balcony.

Last edited:
We are now back from our trip. It was a long and lovely trip, but I can't believe it is over so soon!

This trip was about going with the flow and relaxing, so there were few pictures and will be no trip report, but here are some thoughts from our week.

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn this time so, as my husband says, we could collect the set of Boardwalk resorts. Dee noted in the Be our Guest list that although we were at the BWI, my heart is at the BC/YC and she was right! Our room at the BWI was perfect. It was roomy enough, had a daybed and a large balcony with a beautiful courtyard view. The service at the hotel was amazing. We had perfect housekeeping, efficient correction of a magic band glitch and were treated with milk and cookies in our room one day as well as other unexpected treats. If BWI was the only Boardwalk hotel, we'd stay there again in an instant. That said, every day we found ourselves over at the BC or YC. On day 1 we went to see the decorations, day 2 was visiting Teena, day 3 was a visit to the Captain's Grill, day 4 was to check out the BC Marketplace and compare to BWI offerings, day 5 was breakfast from the BC Marketplace, day 6 was a trip to Beaches and Cream, day 7 we went, just because.

For us, the main difference in the resorts is that BWI doesn't have as many nooks and crannies to just sit and enjoy some vacation time. The BWI seating areas are mostly outside which is great if it is nice and sunny, but less great when it is cold and rainy. At the BC/YC there are more areas to just sit and enjoy a vacation, both inside and out. The BC/YC also seems to have everything in one place, but the BWI has the different stores and things scattered around. We didn't bother with a refillable mug because we didn't want to walk all the way down to the bakery or pool and the other mug filling options had limited hours. So overall, I'd recommend the BC/YC (even after Teena leaves!)

Here are some other highlights from our trip
Our first day was a long one. We enter the states through US Customs in Toronto, and the US wasn't very welcoming at 6:00 am. We got up super early and allowed ourselves plenty of time for our flight, but the Customs interview alone took more than two hours. We made it to the gate just as they were boarding the plane. I was so happy we didn't miss our flight. That began a long day because we wanted to be active right through so we could see the Osborne Lights. The HS crowds were quite thick, but only around the lights. We were all happy to get a chance to see them.

This was the first trip where we didn't get to MK on Day 1, so day 2 was about getting over to MK and hitting our favourite Haunted Mansion. We had supper at Narcoossees which was as amazing as ever.

Day 3 was more MK with supper at Liberty Tree. Supper was good, but not as good as it has been in the past.

Day 4 was all about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. My husband and I had done it before, but we went again for my son and he loved it. He found it very interesting.

Day 5 was about the animals. My son is studying to get into animation so he wanted to draw animals. We spent a few hours at AK and then headed over to AKL where we ate lunch and relaxed while my son went off to draw some animals. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Day 6 was focused on some favourite dining spots - Beaches and Cream and Rose and Crown. Our local pub (meaning the one we eat at at least once a week) is the Rose and Crown in Toronto, so it always feels right to go to the Rose in Epcot.

Day 7 was all about the DIS! My family ate lunch at the Biergarten and then I left them to meet Dee and Teena at MK. It was so much fun to spend the evening with them! I wanted to pocket some pretzel rolls for us to eat in line at HM, but with all the extra security these days I didn't feel like explaining why my purse was filled with pretzel rolls. :)

Day 8 included Epcot, MK, Grand Floridian Cafe, MK and one more peak at Epcot. It was a busy day, but we enjoyed squeezing the most we could into our last day.

Our flight home was thankfully uneventful. I was worried about the flight we chose, because we took the same flight a few years ago and it was delayed for several reasons and we didn't land until 2:30 am. You can read about that experience, in a past trip report. Spoiler alert - it was so bad that the gate attendant took the PA system and loudly said "Bite Me".

While there weren't many pictures, here are a few must do pictures. The first two are growth chart pictures that we take on every trip, and the third is because we are Canadian. :)

snowman%2B010216.jpg

snowman%2B010816.jpg

Canada%2B010816.jpg

Eek we've just been invited to a wedding whilst we are in Florida. Seems our trips are never complete without a wedding :bride:

Do you mean the dole whips that are now at the Aloha Isle Stand? The Dole whips were moved from Sunshine Tree Terrace awhile back.

~NM

How many points do you get for doing this in the buff?

Hi all,

I am from the uk and am already in planning mode for our trip in August 2017! We always stayed offsite in a villa but in 2015 stayed at SSR with the free dining offer. We loved being in the Disney bubble and decided our next visit would also be on site. We had a dinner ADR at Yachtmans Steakhouse and explored the area and fell in love with the place. We are saving our pennies very hard to be able to stay at either Yacht Club or Beach Club for our holiday hoping we are able to take advantage of the free ddp that they usually offer uk guests as the flights and room rates add up for a 16 night stay which makes the long flight worthwhile. I do have a couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me. We are staying in August so know it will be busy but will SAB be unbearable and will we be able to ever find 3 seats together??? I have read reports where people get up early and head off to the parks after reserving their loungers with towels for when they return late afternoon. Is this a common practice? We had no problems getting loungers at SSR in any of the pools and there were no saving of seats there. Also, I really love the Yacht Club side and the lobby etc but the Beach Club rooms look much nicer. I had read the Club Lounge at the Yacht Club is being refurbed but are the normal rooms and would they all be completed by August 2017? Sorry for the questions but the holiday will cost us about £8000 so we want to make sure we get the choice right :)

I've gone twice in August during the third week of the month. We never had issues finding space in a lounger. I can't speak to the first two weeks of the month, though. By the third week, many schools in the south are back in session so the parks and resorts get much less crowded by then.

We are now back from our trip. It was a long and lovely trip, but I can't believe it is over so soon!

This trip was about going with the flow and relaxing, so there were few pictures and will be no trip report, but here are some thoughts from our week.

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn this time so, as my husband says, we could collect the set of Boardwalk resorts. Dee noted in the Be our Guest list that although we were at the BWI, my heart is at the BC/YC and she was right! Our room at the BWI was perfect. It was roomy enough, had a daybed and a large balcony with a beautiful courtyard view. The service at the hotel was amazing. We had perfect housekeeping, efficient correction of a magic band glitch and were treated with milk and cookies in our room one day as well as other unexpected treats. If BWI was the only Boardwalk hotel, we'd stay there again in an instant. That said, every day we found ourselves over at the BC or YC. On day 1 we went to see the decorations, day 2 was visiting Teena, day 3 was a visit to the Captain's Grill, day 4 was to check out the BC Marketplace and compare to BWI offerings, day 5 was breakfast from the BC Marketplace, day 6 was a trip to Beaches and Cream, day 7 we went, just because.

For us, the main difference in the resorts is that BWI doesn't have as many nooks and crannies to just sit and enjoy some vacation time. The BWI seating areas are mostly outside which is great if it is nice and sunny, but less great when it is cold and rainy. At the BC/YC there are more areas to just sit and enjoy a vacation, both inside and out. The BC/YC also seems to have everything in one place, but the BWI has the different stores and things scattered around. We didn't bother with a refillable mug because we didn't want to walk all the way down to the bakery or pool and the other mug filling options had limited hours. So overall, I'd recommend the BC/YC (even after Teena leaves!)

Here are some other highlights from our trip
Our first day was a long one. We enter the states through US Customs in Toronto, and the US wasn't very welcoming at 6:00 am. We got up super early and allowed ourselves plenty of time for our flight, but the Customs interview alone took more than two hours. We made it to the gate just as they were boarding the plane. I was so happy we didn't miss our flight. That began a long day because we wanted to be active right through so we could see the Osborne Lights. The HS crowds were quite thick, but only around the lights. We were all happy to get a chance to see them.

This was the first trip where we didn't get to MK on Day 1, so day 2 was about getting over to MK and hitting our favourite Haunted Mansion. We had supper at Narcoossees which was as amazing as ever.

Day 3 was more MK with supper at Liberty Tree. Supper was good, but not as good as it has been in the past.

Day 4 was all about the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. My husband and I had done it before, but we went again for my son and he loved it. He found it very interesting.

Day 5 was about the animals. My son is studying to get into animation so he wanted to draw animals. We spent a few hours at AK and then headed over to AKL where we ate lunch and relaxed while my son went off to draw some animals. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Day 6 was focused on some favourite dining spots - Beaches and Cream and Rose and Crown. Our local pub (meaning the one we eat at at least once a week) is the Rose and Crown in Toronto, so it always feels right to go to the Rose in Epcot.

Day 7 was all about the DIS! My family ate lunch at the Biergarten and then I left them to meet Dee and Teena at MK. It was so much fun to spend the evening with them! I wanted to pocket some pretzel rolls for us to eat in line at HM, but with all the extra security these days I didn't feel like explaining why my purse was filled with pretzel rolls. :)

Day 8 included Epcot, MK, Grand Floridian Cafe, MK and one more peak at Epcot. It was a busy day, but we enjoyed squeezing the most we could into our last day.

Our flight home was thankfully uneventful. I was worried about the flight we chose, because we took the same flight a few years ago and it was delayed for several reasons and we didn't land until 2:30 am. You can read about that experience, in a past trip report. Spoiler alert - it was so bad that the gate attendant took the PA system and loudly said "Bite Me".

While there weren't many pictures, here are a few must do pictures. The first two are growth chart pictures that we take on every trip, and the third is because we are Canadian. :)

snowman%2B010216.jpg

snowman%2B010816.jpg

Canada%2B010816.jpg

What a fabulous trip you had! And you're knitting designs are gorgeous!

Thank you - I have read some horror stories and the pool is a big deal to us as the weather in the uk is not good! We are hoping to go from August 18th onwards.

When you get into your room, you call Bell Services and they will deliver your Garden Grocer order. As long as Garden Grocer packages and labels cold stuff together, it will be stored in the Bell Services storage area in a refrigerator. Bell Services cannot deliver Garden Grocer orders to your room until you are in the room.
thank you!
seems i didnt get multiquote to work but thanks everyone for the advice.

Hi all,

Hi fellow Brit :wave: We always travel in August (tied to school holidays) and have never had a problem finding space for 3 somewhere around Storm-along-bay. The refurb is due to start very soon at Yacht Club and should be finished by Autumn 2016 (see the first post on this thread that is always kept up to date by the wonderful Dee who has her minions everywhere). If you follow along with our thread you will be kept really well up to date. I personally will be bombarding the thread with pictures during out up-coming August stay. We prefer the Yacht Club as travelling with an 11 year old we like to have the balcony to sit out on of a night with a beer and glass of wine, whilst DD hopefully drops off to sleep.

We have pushed the boat out this coming trip and have up-graded to the DXDDP, because we prefer an app over a dessert and also due to the lack of counter service offerings within quick reach of Yacht. We are staying off-site for our first 9 nights (6 on IDrive and 3 at Universal) then 12 nights at Disney so we wont be loosing out on meal credits by being off-site at other parks (well that was the plan, but today we have been invited to a wedding during our Disney stay so will be off-site for the best part of a day).

Happy planning, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

ordered from garden grocer, thanks again everyone. Look forward to the trip this week! Hopefully the lake effect will not change our plans here at home.

You forgot the style points for reenacting scenes from Titanic while yelling from a balcony.
You are correct madame. That is worth 5 points. (8 points Canadian)

How many points do you get for doing this in the buff?

You get 150 points but only if you can yell and hold 3 pretzel rolls strategically over your 'naughty bits'.

~NM

Happy that you added BWI to your collection of stays and I am pretty much in agreement with most of your thoughts.

We love BWI and BWV stays, but equally enjoy our stays at BC--YC, not so much. If I am staying at YC, I might as well pay less and stay at Swan or Dolphin.

When staying at BWI or BWV, we also find ourselves wandering across the pond to enjoy the amenities at BC/YC. I guess we love the solitude at the leisure (quiet pools) at BWI or BWV with a few cocktails in the afternoon. Stormalong Bay is fun, but a bit too much action for us. We usually enjoy our time at a quiet pool at YC or BC--perhaps head to Stormalong for a dip or slide, but by evening hours, we love to grab a drink at Crew's Cup and sip on the veranda or perhaps enjoy a nibble and a drink at Hurricane Hanna's. If we are at BWI or BWV, we can walk around the Boardwalk and enjoy that experience, but still be close to our room. The beauty of the Boardwalk area resorts (YC/BC/BWI/BWV/Swan/Dolphin) is the reciprocity of amenities--strolling and enjoying each resort, the restaurants, atmosphere, dining and relaxation--and then there is the proximity to EPCOT.

All of that said, the Polynesian has my heart. It is where we spent time with our children as they grew up, but now that we are empty nesters; we have found our "adult" space. I do, however, look forward to grandchildren in the future and we will revisit Polynesian and rekindle that Ohana feeling. :rolleyes1

We will be staying at the YC from 12/2-12/11. Thanks to everyone that gave advice to help us reach this decision!

Hi! It's been 3 years since our Yacht Club stay. We are finally getting back! We will be staying YC Feb 1-6th and can't wait to get back. Sunken Treasures here. I come!!! Have a bit to catch up on. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

@natebenma I saw you talking to some people in the lobby tonight but I didn't want to interrupt as I was on my way to the pool. Then you must have left when I came back.

I'll have a review and trip report of beach club when I get back.

Oh, bummer! So sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. But I will enjoy being in touch with you on the boards.

It was either wood nymph and her husband or more likely mickeyt's family that you saw me with.

I hope you had a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
I just booked BC CL from May 7th to the 14th.i was very fortunate to get a CM's friends and family discount so it really helps. As I right now I am not able to get the dining plan but since we are CL it helps a little. My question is if we want drinks and we are by the pool do we have to go back to the lounge to get them or are we able to get them by the pool. By drinks I mean soda, water etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter