Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That's awesome about the upgrade!! May I ask- did you do online check in? I wonder the best way to improve odds for an upgrade or pixie dust- mostly for my mom who will be coming with us- her first trip in over 15 years!! Plus- who doesn't love an upgrade! Have an AWESOME vacation!!

I was actually wondering about this too. Does doing online check in make it less likely for some of that extra pixie dust to find it's way to you?

Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on getting an upgrade.

Safe travels to all headed to Orlando this weekend for some cool, wet weather. Safe travels to all headed home from Orlando. It all ends too soon, doesn't it?

MikeyT, any family additions yet?
Katesdad

You can add special requests to your reservation anytime after it has been booked--sooner rather than later is better.

Do you do this yourself using my Disney experience, or do you ask your travel agent to do it for you?

Currently weighing up getting a car for the whole trip vs renting one for part of the trip... what's everyones experiences like with magical express? How long does it normally take to get from the airport to Yacht/Beach club? Is there a specific order they usually stop in?

Do you do this yourself using my Disney experience, or do you ask your travel agent to do it for you?
If you booked the reservation through Disney then you can call them to add the requests. If you used a travel agent then they will have to add your requests for you since the travel agent controls the reservation until you check in.

Currently weighing up getting a car for the whole trip vs renting one for part of the trip... what's everyones experiences like with magical express? How long does it normally take to get from the airport to Yacht/Beach club? Is there a specific order they usually stop in?
We have gotten to the YC/BC from the airport in about an hour and a half after getting off the plane. The bus ride itself is about 35 minutes and the route varies, but most often is CBR then BWI, then BC then YC.

Obviously you'll have to price it and assess your needs -- but we get rental car for the whole trip. We like having control over the resort arrival (i.e., not excited about Magical Express) and we love the flexibility for our off-property activities (popping over to universal, visiting family, and we like to drive to waterpark instead of bus). Also, with airline check in at the resort, our bags make their way back home on their own, which makes returning the rental car at MCO easy.

Having said that, I would not choose rental car just to avoid DME. If you do not have many off-property activities, renting at Dolphin or car care center for just a day or two can make sense. But car rental pricing is odd, sometimes the car costs the same for more days if the airport is the rental location.

If you booked the reservation through Disney then you can call them to add the requests. If you used a travel agent then they will have to add your requests for you since the travel agent controls the reservation until you check in.

I'm very new to all this as this is my first time going to Disney but I had a different experience with what you said. I booked through Orbitz and I wanted to call Disney to have them mark down on my reservation that it was my honeymoon. I called up Disney, entered my 6 character hotel confirmation # and the CM told me they couldn't open my reservation file as it was a third party reservation. I then tried calling later but THIS time I put in the 12 digit confirmation number that begins with a 4 that I received in an email from disney destinations a day after I booked through Orbitz. The CM I got on the phone was able to open my reservation file and add that it was my honeymoon.

I'm very new to all this as this is my first time going to Disney but I had a different experience with what you said. I booked through Orbitz and I wanted to call Disney to have them mark down on my reservation that it was my honeymoon. I called up Disney, entered my 6 character hotel confirmation # and the CM told me they couldn't open my reservation file as it was a third party reservation. I then tried calling later but THIS time I put in the 12 digit confirmation number that begins with a 4 that I received in an email from disney destinations a day after I booked through Orbitz. The CM I got on the phone was able to open my reservation file and add that it was my honeymoon.
I was once told by a resort CM that central reservations CMs are able to add notes on third party reservations, but not make any changes. Also, I think that there are some central reservations CMs that are willing to go that extra step for customers. That was great that you had success on your follow-up call.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I found a candle at Yankee Candle that smells very similar to the much loved Beach Club smell, its called Turquoise Sky. I put a small tart in our bedroom to try out and my husband commented on how much it smells like the Beach Club. I know lots of us are always trying to get our fix. We were not planning on returning until 2018 but we decided that we cannot wait that long so we will be back early summer of 2017. We are going to Disneyland this summer to hold us over until then. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays.
@TeenaS my family and I hope all goes well for you and the move, I know you will enjoy being with your girls.

I picked up this candle and our house smelt lovely yesterday. Does the Yacht Club smell the same? If so you ladies are going to make me never want to stay anywhere else.

Very excited! Just officially added on 2 nights at YC Club Level four trip in May (the 22nd - the 24th). First part of trip will be 7 nights at POR. Am hoping this convinces the family that we should stay CL every trip...It will also be our first split also!

Just made my call to Disney to make my request for the wedding gazebo view for my honeymoon! Like I mentioned before I booked through Orbitz and when I used the hotel confirmation # provided by Orbitz the CM on the phone said they couldn't do anything to my reservation. However, when using the 12 digit number sent to me through a Disney Destinations email the people I get on the phone are able to mark down requests and mark down my celebrations. I believe the woman on the phone said she was in wholesales. So I guess when you use that 12 digit number you get directed to the wholesale department and they have access to third party reservations.

Just a little tip for others to try if they book through sites like Orbitz and would like to call Disney directly to add requests to their reservations.

That's awesome about the upgrade!! May I ask- did you do online check in? I wonder the best way to improve odds for an upgrade or pixie dust- mostly for my mom who will be coming with us- her first trip in over 15 years!! Plus- who doesn't love an upgrade! Have an AWESOME vacation!!
I did online check in but also faxed in a request to be ground floor near the lobby.

Having a great time here. Only thing that really lacks is refillable mug options and quick food in the evenings. After a long day In The parks the last thing we want to do is trek to the other end of the beach club and back for mug refills or later evening food/snacks. I do miss the food courts at a moderate or some of the other deluxe resorts. I wish they would keep hurricane Hannas open until 11-12.

Oh FYI bartender would not refill our mugs at ale and compass today. She said its against health code to do that! No coffee or tea out in the evenings either there.

Hi This is Dee- hijacking Teena's computer.

My flight got in about an hour early, and fortunately Teena was monitoring it so she was at the airport when I arrived. We chatted until way too late (midnight) and enjoyed catching up. I gave her a down payment on hugs, but more are due. There are more Disney touches in this house than in a refurbed Beach Club room. No Mickey Lifeguard Chair lamp or fish lamp, though. I looked!

We are working at the house this morning, then off to MK where we will meet up with Janetmom. ~NM taught me a really effective method of finding someone- we will just shout out her name loudly until we see her.

:thumbsup2

Hi This is Dee- hijacking Teena's computer.

My flight got in about an hour early, and fortunately Teena was monitoring it so she was at the airport when I arrived. We chatted until way too late (midnight) and enjoyed catching up. I gave her a down payment on hugs, but more are due. There are more Disney touches in this house than in a refurbed Beach Club room. No Mickey Lifeguard Chair lamp or fish lamp, though. I looked!

We are working at the house this morning, then off to MK where we will meet up with Janetmom. ~NM taught me a really effective method of finding someone- we will just shout out her name loudly until we see her.

:thumbsup2

Yay!! Can't wait to see you tonight. I'll come running when I hear you shout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter