Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just returned from a short 3 night YC stay. We went to only visit Epcot for F&WF. Upon our arrival we were surprised with a little pixie dust, an upgrade from a CL Woods view to a 2 bedroom suite. It was amazing!! We also enjoyed being able to have our last morning CL breakfast in the Presidential Suite.

Sounds like an awesome trip!! We will be visiting next month to try F&WF for the first time, and our first stay at YC. Do you mind sharing what the temporary lounge in the Presidential Suite was like? Did it feel there was enough space? Dare I ask if you enjoyed it more or less than the actual CL Lounge?

my husband and I will be staying at YC for the first time in February. We've stayed at Beach Club the last three trips and this time around hubs said he wanted to try Yacht Club. It didn't hurt that we got a great deal on a room that made choosing YC over BC a no brainer. Our (will be) 9 month old will be with us. His very first trip!!! So excited! I would love to hear what the presidential suite at YC was really like!! Also wondering about refurb noise? Not too worried about it. Just glad to be there!!!

We are booked for a split stay July 2nd through 12th, 3 nights Poly and then 7 nights at the Beach Club! This will be our second stay at BC and longest stay ever. We will be celebrating my daughter's 6th birthday. Can't wait!!!

Sunday morning was our only visit to the temporary lounge, but it was a nice treat. Most of the food offerings were situated in the dining room, leaving all seating throughout the living room, parlor & sun room. Most of the regular furniture had been removed, & replaced with the small tables from the regular lounge. The balcony was also available, although it only appeared to seat 2. IMO, the seating space was larger. The added bonus of the view, it overlooks, well everything, from Beach Club all the way to Swan & Dolphin. Our suite was actually on the 3rd floor so we did not experience noise issues.

We have stayed at AKL, POR, YC and just recently in August at the POLY. We loved, loved the YC, there wasn't one thing about our stay other than we wished our rooms were closer to each other, that we didn't like. But being the crazy disney person I am, i had had had to stay at the POLY. We did 10 days, and all I have so say is I found our home.... YC! We have decided that we when come back we are back at the YC, we won't stay anywhere else again. For the price you are paying to stay at the poly, i am sorry but its just not worth it. Our room was never cleaned good, I had to beg for towels daily , It was only vacuumed once our whole stay. (Yes we complained and it only got worse, finally they comped us one night per room) the whole time all of us missed the YC, the area, the hotel itself seemed cleaner, I felt like there was so much extra traffic at the poly that you didn't see at the YC. The elevator was nasty, there was even a family with young boys around 6-8yrs old swimming in their underwears. I am one of the crazies that like the pool police. I will say these are little things, we are in disney and nothing was going to bring me down or anyone else for that matter. But I just felt like I was missing something the whole time. unfortunately we are not going back until 2017 and it will NOT be in August! ( way to hot for us this year) It will be back at the YC we can't wait!

I'm sure it's been asked ad nauseam but I don't know where to look and I'm a little bit lazy about searching through old posts. Can I get a microwave and fridge in my standard view BC room? I'm going in December and haven't made any requests. Is it by request and how much extra is it if it is available?

There will be a mini refrigerator (no freezer compartment) in your room when you check in. See Page 1 (Post 13 or 14, can't remember which) for photos of the fridge.

You may request a microwave from housekeeping when you arrive- no cost, subject to availability.

:goodvibes:

[
Do you mind sharing what the temporary lounge in the Presidential Suite was like? Did it feel there was enough space? Dare I ask if you enjoyed it more or less than the actual CL Lounge?

! I would love to hear what the presidential suite at YC was really like!! Also wondering about refurb noise? Not too worried about it. Just glad to be there!!!

Sunday morning was our only visit to the temporary lounge, but it was a nice treat. Most of the food offerings were situated in the dining room, leaving all seating throughout the living room, parlor & sun room. Most of the regular furniture had been removed, & replaced with the small tables from the regular lounge. The balcony was also available, although it only appeared to seat 2. IMO, the seating space was larger. The added bonus of the view, it overlooks, well everything, from Beach Club all the way to Swan & Dolphin. Our suite was actually on the 3rd floor so we did not experience noise issues.

disneygirl1972, what time did you eat breakfast? I wonder if we were in there at the same time?

erinkristen04, we did prefer the regular lounge, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the temporary location. It felt a little more crowded in to us, and we felt like there was a little less seating. I think there may have been 3 chairs out on the balcony- there were 3 of us, and we were all out there- DH may have been standing, but I just can't remember. The one room had the regular TV going, but DD was unhappy that the little cartoon TV had not been moved down and that she did not get the morning cartoons she had been watching with breakfast all week. It was the first morning there, so they may make adjustments. It would not be anything to worry about, it is definitely a nice set up, even if we did slightly prefer the regular area. We only had breakfast there before we left WDW, so I don't know how it was the rest of the day- I'm sure like with breakfast the offerings will be identical to what was available at the permanent location.

campbellscot-- I don't think the actual refurbishment of the lounge was going to start until Monday morning, so I'm not sure how loud that will be. We had issues only because they were using the room next to us to stage the temporary lounge and had the door propped upon with the doorstop that flips out and were going in and out constantly and the door was banging into the stop. They were bringing food and dishes in and out of that room constantly. After we reported it- they might try to figure out how to fix that (maybe pad the doorstop so it doesn't bang?) As disneygirl1972 reported, they had moved out most of the regular furniture. They did still have the couch, coffee table and TV in the small living room. The bathroom and bedrooms were blocked off so you could not enter those. All I can tell you is that it is big and the view from there is incredible. Here is a video I found that someone made of the room when they stayed there:

Most of the food is set up on the dining room table you see in the video or on the ledge across from it. I wish I had thought to take photos Sunday morning when we had breakfast there, but it didn't even cross my mind. I think I did take a couple of shots on the camera of the view from the balcony- I will try to remember to post those after I get them onto the computer if I find them.

We have stayed at AKL, POR, YC and just recently in August at the POLY. We loved, loved the YC, there wasn't one thing about our stay other than we wished our rooms were closer to each other, that we didn't like. But being the crazy disney person I am, i had had had to stay at the POLY. We did 10 days, and all I have so say is I found our home.... YC! We have decided that we when come back we are back at the YC, we won't stay anywhere else again. For the price you are paying to stay at the poly, i am sorry but its just not worth it. Our room was never cleaned good, I had to beg for towels daily , It was only vacuumed once our whole stay. (Yes we complained and it only got worse, finally they comped us one night per room) the whole time all of us missed the YC, the area, the hotel itself seemed cleaner, I felt like there was so much extra traffic at the poly that you didn't see at the YC. The elevator was nasty, there was even a family with young boys around 6-8yrs old swimming in their underwears. I am one of the crazies that like the pool police. I will say these are little things, we are in disney and nothing was going to bring me down or anyone else for that matter. But I just felt like I was missing something the whole time. unfortunately we are not going back until 2017 and it will NOT be in August! ( way to hot for us this year) It will be back at the YC we can't wait!

I had a reservation for next August to stay at the Poly, because I was hoping the vast majority of construction would be complete. I just switched to the BC. From what I'm seeing, most people who have had less-than-great stays at the Poly are reporting similar things to what you posted. Having stayed at AKL, POR, YC, BC, the Poly, and the WL, I've come to realize my favorite resorts are AKL and the BC. If I go to the Poly and it's not great, I'll be thinking the whole time how much better it would have been at BC.

ktlm-- We were there for breakfast between 9 - 9:30.

So were we!!!!!!!!! If you saw a little girl with glasses wearing a flowery Hawaiian looking dress and carrying around a beat up old Duffy bear and probably complaining that there was no cartoon TV, that was DD. Hopefully we weren't doing anything too embarrassing if you saw us! We were packing up to leave WDW that morning so everyone was tired and grumpy!

There will be a mini refrigerator (no freezer compartment) in your room when you check in. See Page 1 (Post 13 or 14, can't remember which) for photos of the fridge.

You may request a microwave from housekeeping when you arrive- no cost, subject to availability.

Thank you, I did not know that.

Thanks, page 1 is an abundance of BC info and very helpful. I just didn't see the part that refrigerators were in every room and that micros needed to be requested through housekeeping upon arrival. Thought maybe I'd have to request before arrival. Thanks for all the info!
Make sure you check out page #1 of this Thread for tons and tons of useful information. Just about everything you will need to know for an awesome stay at BC or YC.

page 288-289

Just returned from a short 3 night YC stay. We went to only visit Epcot for F&WF. Upon our arrival we were surprised with a little pixie dust, an upgrade from a CL Woods view to a 2 bedroom suite. It was amazing!! We also enjoyed being able to have our last morning CL breakfast in the Presidential Suite.

What a fantastic upgrade!

Is there any chance you have some pictures of the room you can post here or email to me to post on this thread and the YC Deluxe/Suite room thread?

Or the Presidential Suite as CL lounge?

Thanks!

Thanks for your review of your stay at the Poly. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your stay there, but on the bright side, I'm glad that your trip confirmed that YC is home!

my husband and I will be staying at YC for the first time in February. We've stayed at Beach Club the last three trips and this time around hubs said he wanted to try Yacht Club. It didn't hurt that we got a great deal on a room that made choosing YC over BC a no brainer. Our (will be) 9 month old will be with us. His very first trip!!! So excited! I would love to hear what the presidential suite at YC was really like!! Also wondering about refurb noise? Not too worried about it. Just glad to be there!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Based on the recent experience of the renovations at the BC, I don't think the YC refurb will be too disruptive. We didn't have a lot of complaints on the thread about noise and other inconveniences with the work being done (unless I am blocking a lot out). The resort really does try to isolate the areas being worked on. If I recall correctly, a few guests heard work going on directly above them and once the work moved to the 2nd/ground floor, it was occasionally noticeable in the public areas.

In the unlikely event that you are in a room and are experiencing disruptions from the work being done, you should visit the front desk and ask to be relocated.

:thumbsup2

we did prefer the regular lounge, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the temporary location. It felt a little more crowded in to us, and we felt like there was a little less seating. I think there may have been 3 chairs out on the balcony- there were 3 of us, and we were all out there- DH may have been standing, but I just can't remember. The one room had the regular TV going, but DD was unhappy that the little cartoon TV had not been moved down and that she did not get the morning cartoons she had been watching with breakfast all week. It was the first morning there, so they may make adjustments. It would not be anything to worry about, it is definitely a nice set up, even if we did slightly prefer the regular area. We only had breakfast there before we left WDW, so I don't know how it was the rest of the day- I'm sure like with breakfast the offerings will be identical to what was available at the permanent location.

Thanks so much for posting your comments about the temporary YC lounge

I don't know if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the scent in the Beach Club Lobby is! I love it!

Not sure if I have given you a welcome to this thread, so

:welcome:

Did you just return from a trip? Or do you have an upcoming visit planned?

:cool2:

What Can I request from Housekeeping?

I'm not sure if I have info about requesting a microwave on Page 1. I would like to add info about the things you can request from housekeeping after you have checked into your room. Some of the things I can think of are:

Microwave
Rollaway cot (BC/YC resort rooms only)
Additional toiletries
Additional coffee pods and coffee set ups
Extra bedding/pillows
Extra clothes hangars
corkscrew (what about a bottle opener for beer?)

I know if you are staying at the villas you can request a blender. Do you know if you can get one in the regular rooms?

What other goodies are available upon request to make ones stay more comfortable?

Phone chargers??? Reading lights???

I believe at one time the resorts had wheelchairs that you could borrow during your stay, but I think I read that this has been discontinued.

Thanks!!!

:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter