Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Mom2gymnasts, I'm really interested in what happened with this issue. I'm hoping you were refunded.

We booked a "magical deal" for the first time, and I'm worried about it potentially happening to us. Should I be worried about being booked as a convention?

I'm now afraid that they'll ask me if I'm attending a convention and I won't know what to say. :scared:I was under the impression that the deal was legit, and now I'm nervous. I'm hoping that my worrying is for nothing.
We have used the "magical" deal for the Yacht Club the last two summers and are going again this year to the YC in less than three weeks. We have had large groups in our family (last year over 10 rooms) and NO ONE had any issues with the reservation because of a convention or what have you. We can't get the same price for a deluxe resort through Disney or anyone else for that matter. Don't worry - its all on the up and up.

Mom2gymnasts, I'm really interested in what happened with this issue. I'm hoping you were refunded.

We booked a "magical deal" for the first time, and I'm worried about it potentially happening to us. Should I be worried about being booked as a convention?

I'm now afraid that they'll ask me if I'm attending a convention and I won't know what to say. :scared:I was under the impression that the deal was legit, and now I'm nervous. I'm hoping that my worrying is for nothing.

I think it only came up because I went to add a day to our tickets. They didn't ask when I checked in. I'm not sure what made him ask and I had no idea I was booked under a convention rate.

Update on room upgrade charge:

Today after work I was able to look at my charges on my home computer and see everything on one page and not my IPhone screen where I keep having to move the page around to see the lines. I also wasn't blurry eyed from staying in the MK for EMHs until 2am and sleeping about 3 hours before getting up to head home. I was NOT charged for the room upgrade. The itemized bill broke everything down day by day and I just saw the total charges at the bottom of the 2nd page and didn't see that it was showing deducted from the trip cost and not charged. The only charges were the ones we used with our magic bands.

I'll post pictures of our view later. It was a wonderful vacation just way too short!

Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't been back forever! Planning a trip to YC for next April 2016. I got a job at the High School and now we can not travel in September like we usually do :( I have been pricing it out and since I will not do Disney in the summer our April vacation looks like the best bet. Is there any deals offered for April(We will be there 4/23)? DH wants to stay CL again but not sure if my parents will want to and do DDP. Should we skip DDP and just stay CL?

That is great to hear. Wasn't sure how they could pull that off

Nice that you got the upgrade

^^^That picture is hilarious!!!

Thanks! Nannette and I had just gotten our hair done. Nannette likes to say the higher the hair the closer to God. Not sure what happened to Dee's Hair but she has been spending a lot of time at the beach. Is anybody else seeing a sea gull under that hat or is it just me??

Hmm... perhaps we should sell prints of that in addition to the Dole Whips. KA-CHING!!! $$$$

Today after work I was able to look at my charges on my home computer and see everything on one page and not my IPhone screen where I keep having to move the page around to see the lines. I also wasn't blurry eyed from staying in the MK for EMHs until 2am and sleeping about 3 hours before getting up to head home. I was NOT charged for the room upgrade. The itemized bill broke everything down day by day and I just saw the total charges at the bottom of the 2nd page and didn't see that it was showing deducted from the trip cost and not charged. The only charges were the ones we used with our magic bands.

I'll post pictures of our view later. It was a wonderful vacation just way too short!

I am so glad it was not a conspiracy! The way that Disney does their bills is so hard to read, 2am bed times or not. You almost have to be an accounting major to decipher them. In fact I think they should hand out complimentary Sunken Treasures every time you get one of those bills...

~NM

Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't been back forever! Planning a trip to YC for next April 2016. I got a job at the High School and now we can not travel in September like we usually do :( I have been pricing it out and since I will not do Disney in the summer our April vacation looks like the best bet. Is there any deals offered for April(We will be there 4/23)? DH wants to stay CL again but not sure if my parents will want to and do DDP. Should we skip DDP and just stay CL?

We had booked a bounce back at the YC for April 15- 21, 2015 when I saw on the Dis that Orbitz had released a big discount for that period. The bounceback was 35% off, but the Orbitz deal was a little less than that, saving me an additional $155 and I was able to switch to the BC. I had never booked with Orbitz, or any TA, before and was nervous. But it all worked out great. The Orbitz sale came out right in the beginning of January. I think I booked the trip around January 5th. And the sale was only good for a few days, maybe a week. Hopefully, they release that deal again.

The way they do their billing is very confusing. Sometimes the only way I knew if I had been charged was to look at my credit card statement.

Thanks for updating us. :) I can't wait to see your room view pictures. :)

On arrival day I'm thinking we will spend the afternoon exploring the YC/BC and enjoying SAB. I'm hoping for a casual dinner, and don't want to have to make a reservation so that we will have flexibility in terms of schedule. DH also wants to check out the Boardwalk at some point--is there somewhere over there that yall would suggest? The menu at Hurricane Hanna's looked good, I'm wondering if we should explore Boardwalk before heading out to swim at SAB and then just take a break from swimming and enjoy a burger (and apparently this Sunken Treasure everyone keeps mentioning?) instead?

Another one I heard mentioned that we haven't tried is to sit at the bar at The Flying Fish. You can order apps and probably entree's.

We are staying on the club level at BC next week, arriving on the DME with carry-on bags. Wondering if anyone knows if our bags will be delivered to our room or if we need to take them up to club level check-in... or something else.

Not sure if this was answered??? Do you have carry-on only? If you have checked bags Magical Express will deliver to your room. You don't have to be in the room to receive.

Carry-on's can be checked if room is not ready and you will have to call down when in your room.

The first thing I noticed with booking TA (twice, both magical conventions) instead of direct with Disney, is less mail. I did not get a dumbo magnet or incredibles with important dates for dining and FP+. I did not get the book with the coupons we never used- the few dollars at the arcade, duval sports, or whatever. I did not get the commemerative luggage tag per person. We did get the yellow tape for magical express. Disney also mailed the magic bands directly to our house, not through TA. Just make sure you check in my Disney experience to update your magic bands shipping address.

I was also expecting some agent services, but all I got was a better room rate than I could find anywhere else. This did not bother me too much, since I really do not need help making ADR or FP+. I have asked for opinions and advice, and my agent offered responses when she knew or had insight.

I'd rather be able to make resort notes myself, but I had to use TA for this. I recently was on chat with Disney and asked for list of room requests that were on my reservation. Both requests had been made.

Just want to make sure...this was enough time for you? We have an 8am reservation our first morning!!
The park opened at 8 the morning we had our 8 am ADR, so we knew we wouldn't be let in early, so it worked out fine for us. But if you're hoping for some empty park time, you may want to plan to arrive a bit earlier.

The first thing I noticed with booking TA (twice, both magical conventions) instead of direct with Disney, is less mail. I did not get a dumbo magnet or incredibles with important dates for dining and FP+. I did not get the book with the coupons we never used- the few dollars at the arcade, duval sports, or whatever. I did not get the commemerative luggage tag per person. We did get the yellow tape for magical express. Disney also mailed the magic bands directly to our house, not through TA. Just make sure you check in my Disney experience to update your magic bands shipping address.

I was also expecting some agent services, but all I got was a better room rate than I could find anywhere else. This did not bother me too much, since I really do not need help making ADR or FP+. I have asked for opinions and advice, and my agent offered responses when she knew or had insight.

I'd rather be able to make resort notes myself, but I had to use TA for this. I recently was on chat with Disney and asked for list of room requests that were on my reservation. Both requests had been made.
I was actually wondering about the luggage tag! we just got the yellow tape magical express labels. last time we booked with AAA and got real luggage tags.

The park opened at 8 the morning we had our 8 am ADR, so we knew we wouldn't be let in early, so it worked out fine for us. But if you're hoping for some empty park time, you may want to plan to arrive a bit earlier.
Thanks! Yes it opens at 9 the day we are looking at.

I received this email from my TA when I asked about putting in a request for a large balcony - which is why we chose YC over BC, "All the Standard View rooms at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort come with full balconies and they are all the same size. I added the request to the reservation but I think you’ll probably end up with a normal balcony." I know pixie dust is just magical, but from looking at the photos I thought there were different size balconies. Thanks.

NM: That Pic!!!!!! You guys would blend in with the HS Entertainment (what they heck are they called???) I'm drawing a blank there, but you know the ones that walk around and interact with you??

Phew, I need more coffee.......................

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter