Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I get the logic, but get what you mean at the same time....I'm a male, but to convince my male at home about things, I usually pour him some wine and use the phrase "it will only cost this much more per night…" The key is never to let them know what the grand total actually is! :rolleyes2

Ooo..I like the way you think!

Just checked out of the BC this morning. Spent the first part of the week at the beach and the last 3 nights at BC. The resort is gorgeous and we loved the scent when you first walk in the lobby. We booked a standard view room through a TA mentioned on the boards. We arrived about 11:30am and our room was ready. I was told at check in we had a garden view room (4583). I would consider it a water view though. If I looked straight ahead I had a garden view, but looking left it was the BWI and the Dolphin. It was located near the volleyball court. I was excited to receive some pixie dust on the room upgrade until I just reviewed my charges as we are driving and noticed I had been charged for the garden view room to the tune of almost $900!! If I had known it wasn't a complimentary upgrade I would have asked to be moved back to a standard view.
Did they ask at check in if you WANTED an upgrade? Or just assign you the room? If it's the latter, I'd think you could surely fight those charges. That is a major cost difference. Of course, it would be much easier to do if you'd checked your final bill before leaving.

What are some of the breakfast options in the SW terminal at BWI?

We fly out of their at the end of August.

Funny, I don't know. We usually just get a coffee right after security. This coffee place also sells pastries, etc. there are other places further in the terminal, but we usually fly early and just head for the gate, but the coffee is a must.

Just checked out of the BC this morning. Spent the first part of the week at the beach and the last 3 nights at BC. The resort is gorgeous and we loved the scent when you first walk in the lobby. We booked a standard view room through a TA mentioned on the boards. We arrived about 11:30am and our room was ready. I was told at check in we had a garden view room (4583). I would consider it a water view though. If I looked straight ahead I had a garden view, but looking left it was the BWI and the Dolphin. It was located near the volleyball court. I was excited to receive some pixie dust on the room upgrade until I just reviewed my charges as we are driving and noticed I had been charged for the garden view room to the tune of almost $900!! If I had known it wasn't a complimentary upgrade I would have asked to be moved back to a standard view.
If you booked a room using a TA then you should only have been charged for what you paid to the TA for the room. You should not have been charged an extra $900 unless you asked for an upgrade personally at the check in desk, since the TA owns your reservation until you check in.

We booked a GV room through Orbitz and when we checked in we had a free upgrade to a lagoon view. We didn't ask for it and we didn't pay extra for it. I would give Disney a call because something doesn't sound right. :confused3

ETA: The difference in price between a standard view and garden view isn't very much, maybe $20 more per night. No way would it cost an additional $900.

If you booked a room using a TA then you should only have been charged for what you paid to the TA for the room. You should not have been charged an extra $900 unless you asked for an upgrade personally at the check in desk, since the TA owns your reservation until you check in.

We booked a GV room through Orbitz and when we checked in we had a free upgrade to a lagoon view. We didn't ask for it and we didn't pay extra for it. I would give Disney a call because something doesn't sound right. :confused3

ETA: The difference in price between a standard view and garden view isn't very much, maybe $20 more per night. No way would it cost an additional $900.

I didn't ask for an upgrade. I knew we wouldn't be in the room hardly at all. The charge is an addt'l $278 per night and says garden view. I always book through Disney but this time the TA had a much better rate and the quote was for a standard view. When I asked about the price difference for garden view she said their discounts are only on std view rooms. My confirmation said std view and my only request was a full balcony. I'll have to call tomorrow.

Did they ask at check in if you WANTED an upgrade? Or just assign you the room? If it's the latter, I'd think you could surely fight those charges. That is a major cost difference. Of course, it would be much easier to do if you'd checked your final bill before leaving.

I didn't ask for any upgrade and they didn't ask if I wanted one. I almost asked for a copy of my bill, but in the haste to get the car packed and saying our goodbyes to family that's leaving later this evening I forgot to go the the desk. We charged very little to the room. Just a few food purchases. So I knew it should only be a couple hundred dollars. Needless to say I was quite surprised to see just under $1100. The only thing I did while we were there was add a day to our tickets, but used my debit card for that. The concierge asked me if I was part of a convention. But, there wasn't anything on my reservation that indicates a convention so I'm not sure why he asked.

I didn't ask for any upgrade and they didn't ask if I wanted one. I almost asked for a copy of my bill, but in the haste to get the car packed and saying our goodbyes to family that's leaving later this evening I forgot to go the the desk. We charged very little to the room. Just a few food purchases. So I knew it should only be a couple hundred dollars. Needless to say I was quite surprised to see just under $1100. The only thing I did while we were there was add a day to our tickets, but used my debit card for that. The concierge asked me if I was part of a convention. But, there wasn't anything on my reservation that indicates a convention so I'm not sure why he asked.

I'm not sure what agency you booked with but I am going to guess you booked with the agency that has "magical" deals at certain times throughout the year. That agency reserves blocks of rooms at convention rates. That is probably why the CM asked you if you were there for a convention.

If you used the TA I think you did, they book you as "convention" which is how they get lower ticket prices and hold a block of rooms that can be sold at lower prices. In MDE my reservation made with this TA says convention. The concierge probably saw it in the system and asked. Curious how you responded?

Who put the $900 charge on your card? Disney or the TA? If the TA did it because they only do standard view and the hotel gave you garden that is deeply worrying because it is an unauthorized charge and it means she was spying on you. If Disney did it because they felt your reservation was a lie when you said you weren't at a convention, that is almost as troubling because they don't have the right to just charge you with no warning. In either case if you were given something you didn't ask for and not informed it was yours at an addiitonal charge, you can dispute it and I so would.

Personally I hate that they stopped the paper bill under the door before departure and email you after you leave. It allows for stuff to go unnoticed until too late. I charged direct to my card, never through a mb, so I don't think to stop at the desk or check online because I know what I put on it and pay cash for meals so there are no random over tipping "accidents" but after this I think I will pay a bit more attention.

Side note, but I used this TA for the price and have found using a TA such a hassle compared to doing it myself I doubt I ever will again. If this charge of yours is because of TA spying to see you were upgraded or because Disney caught wise to the convention trick it is certainly not worth the discount.

If you used the TA I think you did, they book you as "convention" which is how they get lower ticket prices and hold a block of rooms that can be sold at lower prices. In MDE my reservation made with this TA says convention. The concierge probably saw it in the system and asked. Curious how you responded?

Who put the $900 charge on your card? Disney or the TA? If the TA did it because they only do standard view and the hotel gave you garden that is deeply worrying because it is an unauthorized charge and it means she was spying on you. If Disney did it because they felt your reservation was a lie when you said you weren't at a convention, that is almost as troubling because they don't have the right to just charge you with no warning. In either case if you were given something you didn't ask for and not informed it was yours at an addiitonal charge, you can dispute it and I so would.

Personally I hate that they stopped the paper bill under the door before departure and email you after you leave. It allows for stuff to go unnoticed until too late. I charged direct to my card, never through a mb, so I don't think to stop at the desk or check online because I know what I put on it and pay cash for meals so there are no random over tipping "accidents" but after this I think I will pay a bit more attention.

Side note, but I used this TA for the price and have found using a TA such a hassle compared to doing it myself I doubt I ever will again. If this charge of yours is because of TA spying to see you were upgraded or because Disney caught wise to the convention trick it is certainly not worth the discount.

I really don't think the TA was spying on them. We used this same agency for our trip a few weeks ago and upon checking in to the BC we were upgraded from standard view to garden view. We did not incur any additional charges for that upgrade. The agency didn't even know we were upgraded until I got home and emailed my TA about the trip and mentioned the upgrade. She certainly didn't know before hand.

I'm sure it is just a mistake. We used a "magical" rate TA last year and were upgraded to a gv room and never charged an additional amount

Seems like it is a MISTAKE! I would call ASAP, like right now!:eek: Seems EXCESSIVELY HIGH!:scared1:
Point well taken by all of us...At any resort, when the front desk says we will be giving you an upgrade, make sure that it is "gratis" and complimentary, especially if one has no intention of wanting to "pay" for an upgrade !
WOW; Hope that this gets resolved soon for you!:wizard:

Thanks everyone. I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I can look a little closer from our home computer monitor vs my phone screen. Also I closed down the MK at about 2:15 and got back to the resort and in bed about 3:15 so I'm hoping my sleepy eyes and tired brain can sort it out after a nice sleep! And, looking at it on a bigger screen won't hurt either!

I better make sure our GV room upgrade wasn't charged to us; especially since I didn't even realize we had a GV room until we looked out the door! And at check in we were asked if we wanted a bill under our door at checkout or to have it emailed to us, so for anyone that wants one under the door, I am sure you can request it.

We had pretty cheap airfare on SW from PHL, but we had to switch our trip one day each way - just over 200 each person round trip and my mom paid 170 round trip for her flight. Not bad.

Teena - hope to stop down in the morning to say Hi!

Here now. We have a lovely, newly renovated room on the 2nd floor. It is very lovely but holy cow, does it stink. It's a pronounced carpet glue/new carpet smell. I can't take a deep breath and I wouldn't even call myself sensitive to smells. Talked to the concierge last night and they are moving us today (no rooms available last night). Had to sleep with the covers over my face to filter out some of the smell. New room has a small balcony and I don't even care.

If you're coming soon, request a higher floor!

That would bother me, too! I hate the smell of new carpet. Smells like poison. I'd take an older room any day. Glad they are moving you.

OMG Scott- are you my twin brother separated at birth? You don't even want to know the crazy way I explained my recent upgrading to CL. In the end DH thought we were saving money after my convulted Disney math explanation!

In my estimation you simply can't put a price on the convenience that club level provides if you are having the sort of trip where you will really benefit from it. So for those of us doing Disney Math you have to factor in Convenience (C) to your equation.

A Disney Math equation for the Beach/Yacht club might look like this:
Location + Club level X Convenience -time delays + beverages + desserts + breakfasts - pricey in park snack/beverages X the personal CL touch = a spectacular experience on vacation!

The spying and lying comments really have me confused as they don't seem to make any sense to me. I'm fairly certain there was no subterfuge and that the bill is just a mistake, which will be fixed as soon as the OP is able to contact her TA. Have you gotten into a pitcher of Sunken Treasure and are typing responses to posts? If so send some of that green gold my way and together we shall take on the Dis boards Beach Club/Yacht Club style!

As for the magical agency, I have used them twice and I am extremely happy with the service I have received. I am perfectly capable of making my own Disney reservations but I find that I am enjoying the $$ and service advantages by being magical about my reservation.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter