Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Since we are discussing flights, I have a flight from Atlanta to MCO in October that is $49 each way. I am visiting Disney World with two 16 year old girls and one daughter who will be almost 12 years old. I was planning to make the drive which would take approximately 9 hours, but those prices for flights were too good! 1 hour in the air with 3 kids or 9 hours in a car? That was a no brainier!!

Are we the only ones who got a good airfare out of Philly?

Non stop flights. 6:30 am on the way down and 8:30 pm on the way home. I checked recently and saw the flights would be $1000 more for the five is than I paid!

I fly home Labor Day weekend. I've seen the flights drop pretty good but it never coincides with cheap flights going to MCO.

At one point I saw $46 going to MCO but coming home was over $250. Then coming home would drop to $158 but going to MCO wound be $200.

Again these are for times we want with non stop flights. For what we want it's around $1400.

Out of BWI we paid under $800 for all 4.

Non stop flights. 6:30 am on the way down and 8:30 pm on the way home. I checked recently and saw the flights would be $1000 more for the five is than I paid!

Non stop tickets here too...We did....even first class...we are spoiling my dad for his 80th and taking him first class...tickets were paid for, first class upgrade using points, but even then it was super cheap. We booked them about a month ago...we arrive mid day.

My parents insisted on driving and meeting us there. I found them flights Philly to Tampa for $85 nonstop. So they are flying and driving from Tampa to meet us at BC. I feel so much better with them flying!

I know this is June, July, Aug thread but I am just so excited to be going...in September!! Can't wait for all of it!!!:jumping1: We are going Sept 21-27!!!!

The additional months like Sept, October will be added as long as the thread doesn't have to close due to "capacity"!!! You are in the right place to celebrate your September Vacation :yay::yay::yay:

Since we are discussing flights, I have a flight from Atlanta to MCO in October that is $49 each way. I am visiting Disney World with two 16 year old girls and one daughter who will be almost 12 years old. I was planning to make the drive which would take approximately 9 hours, but those prices for flights were too good! 1 hour in the air with 3 kids or 9 hours in a car? That was a no brainier!!

I noticed that amazing price also!! My youngest will be moving to Atlanta in 2 weeks, and of Course I HAD to check the price to fly her straight to Disney.....IF Need Be.....(and we all know IT NEED BE :love:)

page 146-149

Off to the beach with Mark this morning for a couple of hours. So excited! I have only made it to the beach once this season and although it was a 90 degree day, it was foggy and sweatshirt weather on the beach.

:beach:

We arrive tomorrow for the first part of our trip at AKL and then on the 10th heading to BC. So excited! It's so close. Thanks for all the great tips you guys share here. I don't post often, but I am always absorbing information.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

:goodvibes

I once made the mistake of saying ( in front if DH) of saying how much I've saved over the years in "free soap". DH pointed out how many thousands of dollars that soap actually cost. Obviously he does not understand "Disney Math"!

I like the way you think! Turndown CM's gave us handfuls of extra shampoos and soaps each night in May. Think of the savings.

Interesting... I believe Robyn's DH is in the same line of work as you are and you have different views of how "Disney Math" works. I have to say that I like the way you both think!

:teacher:

We are reserved for CL in mid-November... How could potential construction effect things, what would they do with us if they're working on the top floor during our stay? This is something I've been biting my nails over lately haha. Just wish we had an idea of what to expect re construction timelines. TIA for any insight or experiences yall can share!

Thanks! We are YC CL mid-November. Haven't seen any refurb updates other than the predictions that it may commence early fall. Just wondering IF they are refurbish YC CL during our stay, what happens for those of us with reservations? I realize I'm probably wasting my time worrying about this before construction even has a set start date, but it does make me a little nervous haha. Curious in general how Disney handles situations where construction will make certain reservations inaccessible--do they move you, refund you, combo of both? Not knowing what to possibly expect is making me crazy!

Thanks for understanding that we don't know all of the answers here. We know that can be frustrating when you are trying to plan a vacation and some factors are out of your control.

For the work on the BC CL floor, I believe guests received letters notifying them of the upcoming work a couple of months before the renovations started. Guests were given a choice of moving to moving to a non-concierge or to keep their CL reservation and use a the lounge which was set up in the Presidential Suite. I can't remember if guests were given an option of moving to club level at the other resort (YC), but if there is availability, I don't see why not. The only issue may be if you booked with a limited promotion. But I don't know.

Has anyone with an upcoming YC CL stay received a letter recently about possible disruptions to their trips due to the rehab?

:thumbsup2

I should add my name to the list -- September 9-12, BC CL. We weren't supposed to go to WDW this year, but we were planning Legoland/Kennedy Space Center and realized we had a few days extra to play with. I was booking our stay before DH even finished the sentence. :P I'm laughing at myself because I am far, far more excited to hang out at the BC than I am for the parks. We adore the YC; this is our first stay on the "other side" and I can't wait!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Mid-point trip update ☺️We arrived 7/29 on my eldest DD's 15 th bday. Our flight arrived 30 min sooner (yay!). We arrived at the BC by 10:45am & our room was ready! We're on the 4th floor, garden view facing Epcot so we can see Illuminations at night! ☺️ it's one of the refurbished rooms with a full balcony. The beds are heavenly!!! Soooo soft!!

Weather has been great up til today-just a typical rain/thunderstorm that's over fairly quickly each afternoon. Today though, it's been raining since 12:55pm (I know this because our FP for Kali was then & they had to shut it down) pretty hard at times. Supposed to be like this all evening too. I'm doing laundry right now while hubby naps in the soft bed and my 2 teens catch up on Instagram.

It's been 4 loooong years since our last trip-lots of new things to us! Mine train is amazing! Lots and lots of construction in AK & MK. We're getting much accomplished & having a magical time!! Looking forward to catching up with Teena tomorrow!! Only 3 more sleeps left here :(

Oh, and unrelated completely, why is our skin almost perfect when we're here?? No blemishes...nice & soft! I'll have to move not only for Disney, but great skin too!! LOL! Is it the water? Humidity? Dole Whips? No idea....

:welcome: home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your visit with Teena today and may the rest of your trip be the fantastic vacation you deserve, my friend!

:banana::banana::banana:

I know this is June, July, Aug thread but I am just so excited to be going...in September!! Can't wait for all of it!!!:jumping1: We are going Sept 21-27!!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread.

You are absolutely in the right place. As Ocalla explained, the months in the thread title just reflect the current months the thread has been active. Helps me keep track of the order of the forums.

:cool1:

Non stop tickets here too...We did....even first class...we are spoiling my dad for his 80th and taking him first class...tickets were paid for, first class upgrade using points, but even then it was super cheap. We booked them about a month ago...we arrive mid day.

My parents insisted on driving and meeting us there. I found them flights Philly to Tampa for $85 nonstop. So they are flying and driving from Tampa to meet us at BC. I feel so much better with them flying!

Our flights on SW aren't even all that cheap for this trip. A few cents over $1000 for three tickets. But looking at the prices from Harrisburg, it almost seemed cheap. And we have no layover. So even though I have to drive to Baltimore, it seemed like a decent tradeoff since our last flight with a layover was awful (flight delay, extended layover in Atlanta and we had over 9 hours of travel time just to get from MCO to Harrisburg).

Seeing the August Recreation Calendar, I noticed Big Hero 6 as a movie one night. I have to say, I was very skeptical about this one. Finally decided to watch it and actually Loved it!!

Dee thanks for always updating this thread!!!

I love that movie! We might have to watch it while we're there. We've never gone to one of the movies on the beach.

Here now. We have a lovely, newly renovated room on the 2nd floor. It is very lovely but holy cow, does it stink. It's a pronounced carpet glue/new carpet smell. I can't take a deep breath and I wouldn't even call myself sensitive to smells. Talked to the concierge last night and they are moving us today (no rooms available last night). Had to sleep with the covers over my face to filter out some of the smell. New room has a small balcony and I don't even care.

If you're coming soon, request a higher floor!

While we won't be at the BC this year, I have been perusing this thread off and on

I have to say it is much more fun and full of info than the Poly FAQ one. The people and posts there are great, but this one is truly the best

We have a Beaches and Cream ADR in 2 weeks so I might wander through the lobby and use the secret entrance.

Thanks Dee for all you do

page 146-149

Off to the beach with Mark this morning for a couple of hours. So excited! I have only made it to the beach once this season and although it was a 90 degree day, it was foggy and sweatshirt weather on the beach.

:beach:

Interesting... I believe Robyn's DH is in the same line of work as you are and you have different views of how "Disney Math" works. I have to say that I like the way you both think!

:teacher:

Hoping for a great beach day for the two of you!

Ha! I can make Disney Math work the same way as accounting.....Although, I think my value for Disney shampoo and soap may be higher! It is logical, I know it is!:banana:

In two weeks, I'll be driving to Baltimore to stay a night before flying out for our Disney trip. Very excited! I just swapped out our reservation for a regular table at Flying Fish for the Chef's Table. It really was a great meal and I think my sister will love it. Last time, I got an email from the chef asking about allergies. With any luck, I'll get another and remember to reply that my sister and Amara don't eat meat.

I live about 20 minutes from BWI. Love the SW terminal there and the airfare at the end of August to MCO was cheap. Sorry we are going miss you at BC this year.

Rebecca

I live about 20 minutes from BWI. Love the SW terminal there and the airfare at the end of August to MCO was cheap. Sorry we are going miss you at BC this year.

Rebecca

What are some of the breakfast options in the SW terminal at BWI?

We fly out of their at the end of August.

Just checked out of the BC this morning. Spent the first part of the week at the beach and the last 3 nights at BC. The resort is gorgeous and we loved the scent when you first walk in the lobby. We booked a standard view room through a TA mentioned on the boards. We arrived about 11:30am and our room was ready. I was told at check in we had a garden view room (4583). I would consider it a water view though. If I looked straight ahead I had a garden view, but looking left it was the BWI and the Dolphin. It was located near the volleyball court. I was excited to receive some pixie dust on the room upgrade until I just reviewed my charges as we are driving and noticed I had been charged for the garden view room to the tune of almost $900!! If I had known it wasn't a complimentary upgrade I would have asked to be moved back to a standard view.

You Americans are SOOOO lucky. My flight from Ottawa to Philly and then Onwards to MCO was $800 Cdn for 2 people (coming home we have another lay-over too), and up here that's considered pretty darn good. Boooo!

I am with you Sailormoon2, we are flying direct because we have WestJet 2 tickets fly anywhere from a silent auction, the other two were $800 each out of pocket.
When we lived in Ottawa, we used to drive down to Syracuse to get reasonable flights to MCO. In Calgary, there is nowhere close to do that. :(

Dee - have a great BEACH day!

Easy answer on the "Disney Math". Most males do not understand the logic if the newly invented Disney Math!

I get the logic, but get what you mean at the same time....I'm a male, but to convince my male at home about things, I usually pour him some wine and use the phrase "it will only cost this much more per night…" The key is never to let them know what the grand total actually is! :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter