Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Regarding NateBenMa's request for a picture of the safe in the refurbished Yacht Club rooms:

If somebody takes a picture, it would be helpful if you put something in there for reference. For some reason, photos of the safes (at least my photos) make them look huge. Like walk-in closet huge. So try to stick a water bottle or a box of Kleenex or something in there so people can get a sense of size.

An iPad in a case would be a practical example!

Random Stuff about the new Yacht Club Rooms

Room Safe:
I would love a picture of the inside and outside of the room safe. Is it a combination lock now instead of a key?

Fridge: YIKES! From the pictures I have seen, there is no longer a place in the door for a half-gallon of milk. One might be able to fit if you take out a shelf. CAN you take out a shelf???

View attachment 230679

To guests who stay in a refurbished room- please let us know the details about your room:

Room number
Bedding- 2 Queens or King
Tub or shower only?*
Daybed?
Connecting door?
View picture, if possible

* We had assumed that maybe the rooms with 2 Queens would have a tub, and the rooms with a King bed would have a shower only. Well, you know what happens when you assume...

@Derry Wade posted pictures in the view thread. I asked about the bedding/shower- it was a 2 Q with shower only.

:sad2:
I'd really like more information about the fridge. My order with Dizzy Dolphin includes a half gallon of milk, and from the looks of it, there's no WAY it's going to fit.

With the move to these smaller "fridges" I have a feeling Disney is trying to make it less economical to buy milk and cereal as well as other breakfast items. Also these I believe are the type that are soda chiller boxes not real refrigerates so when people say they aren't cold enough and stuff is spoiling Disney can just say well it isn't meant to keep perishables cold it is just meant to chill beverages.

Also this model is actually safer for use inside a cabinet. The bigger ones can cause fires pretty easily as they need a ton of space to breath.

Going from the BC to the Poly, what do you think would be faster?

Walk through Epcot > monorail to TTC > walk to Poly.
-or-
Bus to MK > resort monorail to Poly

We think bus to MK- boat to Poly is usually the fastest. That is the route we usually take from YC to Poly or to GF.

We start our vacation in 10 days!!! Quick question for those familiar with YC. Another family and my family both have Garden/Woods View. If you had to request a certain area which would you suggest? Should we go upper floors? Did I see that the 4th floor is fully renovated? Also I don't know if its the pictures but it looks like the views on the front side (entrance) to the Yacht Club are not that great. Should we request rooms on the quiet pool side or maybe the few that are available on the backside closer to the lake? Any thoughts on this would be excellent.

Also...online check-in or not? We want to be near our friends and they will get there in the am on arrival day and we'll be in around 7pm. I have informed WDW that we'd like close rooms to one another. What is the best chance for us to get "prime" rooms and be close to one another?

These next 10 days are going to kill me!!!!!!

We are planning our first stay at Beach Club. It's always been MY dream resort. We've stayed at many resorts but never made it over to stay at BC, so I finally get my way! Our dates are 9/1-9/8. It will be a group of 9, 4 rooms. My daughter has no idea, but her boyfriend is proposing to her on this trip. He knows it's always been her dream to be proposed to at Disney and he's making that dream come true! I can't wait for the trip! My daughter doesn't even know that my sister is coming in from California. She's going to show up at the proposal! I'm helping her boyfriend plan it so any suggestions are welcome.

We are planning our first stay at Beach Club. It's always been MY dream resort. We've stayed at many resorts but never made it over to stay at BC, so I finally get my way! Our dates are 9/1-9/8. It will be a group of 9, 4 rooms. My daughter has no idea, but her boyfriend is proposing to her on this trip. He knows it's always been her dream to be proposed to at Disney and he's making that dream come true! I can't wait for the trip! My daughter doesn't even know that my sister is coming in from California. She's going to show up at the proposal! I'm helping her boyfriend plan it so any suggestions are welcome.

My suggestion is do it somewhere private. Perhaps just walking the beach or grounds of the Beach Club or walk over to the Boardwalk one night. I had a Disney proposal and I'm so glad my fiance chose some where quiet and not in the middle of thousands of people. Ours was on the Fantasy though.

My suggestion is do it somewhere private. Perhaps just walking the beach or grounds of the Beach Club or walk over to the Boardwalk one night. I had a Disney proposal and I'm so glad my fiance chose some where quiet and not in the middle of thousands of people. Ours was on the Fantasy though.

I agree, but her dream is directly in front of the castle. She's also talked about Epcot on the bridge on the way to France. I'm going to just give him ideas and let him make the final decision. I personally wouldn't want it in front of everyone!

How romantic and exciting! I'm sure my daughter would LOVE to get proposed to in front of the Castle! :love2:

I agree, but her dream is directly in front of the castle. She's also talked about Epcot on the bridge on the way to France. I'm going to just give him ideas and let him make the final decision. I personally wouldn't want it in front of everyone!
In front of france is a wonderful shot. Wonder if you could somehow get a photo pass CM involved. Also since staying at BC/YC you could easily do France without a huge crowd by doing a Les Halles breakfast and using the morning in the France pavilion rather than when the whole park is open and more crowds are around.
Either way your daughter is blessed to have you as her mother. This is a beautiful thing you're putting together. Hope all goes well and you have a wonderful trip.

Does anyone know how many standard room-King bed CL there are at the Beach Club? Touring plans only shows 1 all the way at the other end of the elevator and the lounge. I'm not sure if there were more added after the renovations. Thanks!

I don't know of the exact number, but there are at least 4. There's been at least 4 for many years.

Well staying at Beach Club starting tomorrow! My fiance is a serial hotel switcher and always starts at Yacht or Beach and then moves down to a moderate "to save some money" and then regrets it the closer we get to the actual day and moves us back to Beach Club.

Also this trip just going to stop and chat with the DVC folks and see what the waitlist for BCV is. We've been discussing it and as I pointed out fiance always ends up at BC/YC so if we are going to buy we should discuss BCV.

I doubt you'll get a straight answer re BCV waitlist for buying into DVC. They won't tell you where you would be on the wait list. To some extent, they wouldn't even know. They have to ROFR to get the points and they don't know what will be available. It's going to depend on number of points and Use Year people want, among other things. (and expect them to try to talk you into one of the new resorts instead)

I doubt you'll get a straight answer re BCV waitlist for buying into DVC. They won't tell you where you would be on the wait list. To some extent, they wouldn't even know. They have to ROFR to get the points and they don't know what will be available. It's going to depend on number of points and Use Year people want, among other things. (and expect them to try to talk you into one of the new resorts instead)

Oh we've done them. Thinking maybe doing Copper Creek direct then adding on for BCV.

In front of france is a wonderful shot. Wonder if you could somehow get a photo pass CM involved. Also since staying at BC/YC you could easily do France without a huge crowd by doing a Les Halles breakfast and using the morning in the France pavilion rather than when the whole park is open and more crowds are around.
Either way your daughter is blessed to have you as her mother. This is a beautiful thing you're putting together. Hope all goes well and you have a wonderful trip.

I LOVE this idea! I'm going to talk to her boyfriend about it. We are annual passholders so we have memory maker already, so my plan is to get my sister to get there before us and grab a photographer for us. Thank you so much!

Also...online check-in or not? We want to be near our friends and they will get there in the am on arrival day and we'll be in around 7pm. I have informed WDW that we'd like close rooms to one another. What is the best chance for us to get "prime" rooms and be close to one another?

Make sure that both of your resort reservations are marked "traveling with" the other party. Call resort reservations and have the information added to both reservations. Then when you do online check in you should each request the same thing.

The first party to arrive should go to the front desk to confirm that you have rooms close to each other. They won't give out the other room number until the second party checks in, but they can tell you the general room location.

Yacht Club Garden / Wood view room recommendations? Not ground floor. Not connecting. Not near elevator or maid service station. Thoughs?

Hi guys! We are most likely staying CL at YC this November and I wanted to ask if YC and BC serve the same offerings. Does YC have kid friendly options (nuggets/Mac & cheese) like BC does? Thanks!

Yacht Club Garden / Wood view room recommendations? Not ground floor. Not connecting. Not near elevator or maid service station. Thoughs?
Ask for "Gazebo View" and specify upper floor in your room request or you could get a ground floor room (still could get one, remember it's only a request).
Katesdad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter