• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

ADR date for our August trip is Friday and I'm counting down!!

Want to pre-order a mini graduation specialty cake for my youngest DD in August as a surprise and was thinking about having it delivered to her at BOG when we finish dinner but not sure if we can do that at a park restaurant...Anyone know? Did the same for my oldest when she graduated and at the time went thru Beach Club's bakery and she got it delivered after our meal at Cape May. Also, want to order the Mickey graduation ears and have it shipped home so I can give it to her the night of her graduation but not sure they're out yet. Tried calling the order line but CM I spoke to said she didn't know when they'd be available to order.

Great information here! Does anyone know if Beaches and Cream has soft serve or is there a place to get soft serve at BC/YC?

No soft serve at Beaches and Cream that I'm aware of. I think the closest place to get soft serve would be The Fountain restaurant which is located on the lower level of The Dolphin at the base of the escalators across from the Bluezoo restaurant. And don't worry about the BB team, they'll regroup in time for March madness and the hockey team will go for back-to-back titles.

Last edited:

ADR date for our August trip is Friday and I'm counting down!!

Want to pre-order a mini graduation specialty cake for my youngest DD in August as a surprise and was thinking about having it delivered to her at BOG when we finish dinner but not sure if we can do that at a park restaurant...Anyone know? Did the same for my oldest when she graduated and at the time went thru Beach Club's bakery and she got it delivered after our meal at Cape May. Also, want to order the Mickey graduation ears and have it shipped home so I can give it to her the night of her graduation but not sure they're out yet. Tried calling the order line but CM I spoke to said she didn't know when they'd be available to order.
Post 2 has an email address and phone number for ordering a cake to be delivered in MK.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/

I am now 4 weeks out to our 9 day stay at the yacht club. Here are some things I am looking forward to.
  1. getting out of the car after a 16 hour drive around noon, and spending the next 5 hours at storm along bay relaxing.
  2. Being able to walk to epcot several times over the next 9 days for dinner, snacks, or picture taking
  3. a stroll around the lake at sunset to take in the boardwalk
  4. near empty buses when coming back from magic kindom (as compared to values)
  5. beaches and cream milkshakes
  6. walking to fantasia gardens for mini golf
There are so many thing we love about the yacht and beach club, but these items sort of stand out for us.

We are checked in, paid in full, and counting down the days.

Your Amazing Race reference is both funny and true! :laughing:

We like to use taxis occasionally while at Disney, too. When we walk out of the resort we tell the bell guys we want a taxi. Usually either there is a taxi right there, or they will wave at one to drive up. Very handy!

You could have a pretty fabulous version of the Amazing Race just using WDW. Make that last memory challenge involve the resorts stayed at and the QS restaurants that go with them.

:woohoo:

So happy to add you to the list for your special celebration.

I look forward to hearing about your plans.

:love:

The first surprise is how many nights we are going for. I was planning on a three night stay, and when I asked Mike to firm up the dates he said lets go for four nights. I was pleasantly surprised and of course I quickly agreed.

We may head to Universal for a day and our anniversary dinner will be California Grill or Shulas.

I am now 4 weeks out to our 9 day stay at the yacht club. Here are some things I am looking forward to.
  1. getting out of the car after a 16 hour drive around noon, and spending the next 5 hours at storm along bay relaxing.
  2. Being able to walk to epcot several times over the next 9 days for dinner, snacks, or picture taking
  3. a stroll around the lake at sunset to take in the boardwalk
  4. near empty buses when coming back from magic kindom (as compared to values)
  5. beaches and cream milkshakes
  6. walking to fantasia gardens for mini golf
There are so many thing we love about the yacht and beach club, but these items sort of stand out for us.

We are checked in, paid in full, and counting down the days.

I think you will achieve all of these except No. 4. We've never had an empty bus when coming back. Ususally the queue is 3 buses deep.

Post 2 has an email address and phone number for ordering a cake to be delivered in MK.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-iv.3261922/

Thanks so much for this. This is the mini cake that the Beach Club bakery did for my oldest DD 4 years ago and I was hoping to be able to get something similar this time around..
9f74ccea.jpg

I think you will achieve all of these except No. 4. We've never had an empty bus when coming back. Ususally the queue is 3 buses deep.

The key is compared to the values. I feel sorry for those folks waiting in the bus lines.

The key is compared to the values. I feel sorry for those folks waiting in the bus lines.
Yes! When we stayed in ASMu, we noticed that the value bus stops seemed to be the farthest walk (last space at the stations). When we wandered over to BC to eat at Cape May we were like "it even SMELLS better here". You don't realize how fabulous the deluxes are until you then try to go value.

That said, it's not like value wasn't nice. It just wasn't BC.

~Cari~ pluto:

Thank you to everyone who helped with my previous inquiries! One more pool/slide question: When going down the tunnel part of the flying jib slide, can a child sit up in it, or do you have to lay back? Is it much faster than the slides at the GF or Poly?

Thank you to everyone who helped with my previous inquiries! One more pool/slide question: When going down the tunnel part of the flying jib slide, can a child sit up in it, or do you have to lay back? Is it much faster than the slides at the GF or Poly?

Yes, you can sit up and I don't find it any faster than either Polynesian, GF or BWI--just longer.

BCV refurb starting with top floor (from the dvc news website):

A wing containing fourteen guest rooms is currently blocked-off as the refurbishment begins at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

Rooms 539 to 552 are currently unavailable to guest as workers begin renovations at the popular Disney Vacation Club resort. A total of fourteen rooms are located in this resort wing:

• Two Dedicated Deluxe Studio villas
  • Four Lockoff Deluxe Studio villas
  • Four Lockoff One Bedroom villas
  • Four Dedicated Two Bedroom villas

Additionally, the rooms immediately beneath this wing on the resort's fourth floor have also reportedly been blocked-off and removed from use. The purpose of this move may be to shield guests from the rooms located immediately underneath those being renovated. Among the updates slated for this refurbishment are changes to floor coverings, along with a full bathroom renovation including new bath tubs and tile.

Renovations to all 208 rooms are expected to last through summer 2016.

BCV refurb starting with top floor (from the dvc news website):

A wing containing fourteen guest rooms is currently blocked-off as the refurbishment begins at Disney's Beach Club Villas.

Additionally, the rooms immediately beneath this wing on the resort's fourth floor have also reportedly been blocked-off and removed from use. The purpose of this move may be to shield guests from the rooms located immediately underneath those being renovated. Among the updates slated for this refurbishment are changes to floor coverings, along with a full bathroom renovation including new bath tubs and tile.

Thank you so much for this info!

It is great to have confirmation that the work has started.

I'll be interested to see if they continue completing work on the entire 5th floor or if they are doing the work wing by wing. Someone recently reported here that the work would be done by wing, 5th floor to ground floor at one time and then move on to the next wing. That is a different method than the rehab at the Beach Club, which was down floor by floor, starting at the top floor of the resort.

:thumbsup2

As I mentioned, I haven't been on the GF or Poly slide.

I thought I had a video of the trip on the slide, but I haven't been able to find it. Here is a post from one of my trip reports and I have linked this to third post on Page 1.

Jib Slide

Let’'s take a ride on the slide!

View of SAB from the slide stairs

Thanks so much for this. This is the mini cake that the Beach Club bakery did for my oldest DD 4 years ago and I was hoping to be able to get something similar this time around..
9f74ccea.jpg

That is an awesome cake. Who did you contact to get that made? We are there for our 30th anniversary and a cake like that would be awesome.

That is an awesome cake. Who did you contact to get that made? We are there for our 30th anniversary and a cake like that would be awesome.

Funny you should ask....

Because I'm a tad "obsessive" when it comes to Disney planning and I keep EVERYTHING.... I just looked up my itinerary from 2012 and according to my notes, I ordered it thru Private Dining at the Beach Club. It was a 2 tier mini wedding cake and at that time they charged me $35 for the cake and an extra $10 for the graduation cap which I didn't think was bad considering Disney prices to begin with. DD was completely surprised and happy and the cake was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter