• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have never done a pre-opening breakfast. Trying to decide between BOG and maybe Crystal Palace. Or it may just be whichever one I can get on the day that works best.

I most certainly do not mind getting up early. I am used to waking up in the middle of the night, so that habit may come in handy for a change. My ADR day will be in April.

:goodvibes:

It's definitely worth it. We do a pre-park every trip and it's worth getting up early to be on a nearly empty Main Street. Both BOG and Crystal Palace are great choices!

Feb%202016.jpg
Thanks you!!

page 383

:welcome: back!!!

Glad to add you to the list!

:cool1:

Well, the biggie is that the rooms have all been renovated since your last trip. There is now an afternoon bus that goes directly from the resort to the front of EPCOT, but that is not especially useful. I think it has something to do with transportation to the water parks. Also, Teena the greeter has moved to Las Vegas. :(

I can't think of any other big changes off the top of my head.

Can anyone else think of any changes?

ETA: A thread started on the resorts board reminded me... no more towel animal creations at WDW resorts. :(

:coffee:

The bus to DTD only shares between the YC and BC instead of sharing with all five Epcot resorts. The park buses also share between the YC and BC only. And the Boardwalk bus no longer shares with the Swan/Dolphin. They have their own bus.

Thanks Guys! Can't wait to see the new rooms and having DTD & Park busses between only the two resorts is definitely nicer! We may drive down this year, not sure yet but would it be easier to drive to DTD rather than the busses? We did a Taxi on our last visit but I remember there was a ton of construction and it took more time to get there.

Only 12 days until we arrive at Yacht Club (and only 10 till we arrive at WDW!) :hyper:

I apologise if it has been asked before, but I've read that some resorts open their QS locations early for runDisney events. Will the Marketplace be opening early so we can use the toasters, microwaves etc? Trying to plan what I'm going to eat each morning!

Only 12 days until we arrive at Yacht Club (and only 10 till we arrive at WDW!) :hyper:

I apologise if it has been asked before, but I've read that some resorts open their QS locations early for runDisney events. Will the Marketplace be opening early so we can use the toasters, microwaves etc? Trying to plan what I'm going to eat each morning!

The Marketplace was not open early [prior to 7:00 AM] for the past Marathon Weekend [1/7 - 1/10] and has not been open early for any of the marathons I've run over the last 10 years.

Just booked our first Beach Club stay! I'm an AKL lover myself, but my husband wants us to branch out. It's just for 2 nights, a quick getaway weekend for my birthday and a great way to see if we like the resort! I'm excited :-) We decided against club level (sadly) because we have 2 signature dinners and never seem to get good use out of the lounge when we do sigs. That said the more I think about this the more I wonder if I need to just do it anyway. I just love CL so much!

Count me in for April 29-May 1!

Does he know how the BCV is going and what floor or room types are being done first?

Ok so he says the rooms are being done from top to bottom, but they are being done in 'wings' (his terminology) so not all rooms on each floor will be done together. They will complete one 'wing' top to bottom before moving on to the next 'wing' and starting over at the top. I hope that makes sense, it's been quite a while since we stayed at BCV so I'm not 100% sure what he means exactly!

Ok so he says the rooms are being done from top to bottom, but they are being done in 'wings' (his terminology) so not all rooms on each floor will be done together. They will complete one 'wing' top to bottom before moving on to the next 'wing' and starting over at the top. I hope that makes sense, it's been quite a while since we stayed at BCV so I'm not 100% sure what he means exactly!
That makes sense. That is the way they are remodeling the WL right now. They closed off the whole south wing rather than do a floor at a time. Maybe they found out that people didn't like having all that noise in the room above theirs. ;)

Thank You. That does make sense

Thanks! That is exactly what I am trying to do. I have never done a pre-opening breakfast. Trying to decide between BOG and maybe Crystal Palace. Or it may just be whichever one I can get on the day that works best.

I most certainly do not mind getting up early. I am used to waking up in the middle of the night, so that habit may come in handy for a change. My ADR day will be in April.

We do these. Since they have opened more dining location options there is more of a 'crowd' than it used to be.

But one tip. If we have booked in the later part of the pre-opening window we still arrive early (8:00 for an 8:45 ADR) they let us in. And at the CP seated us shortly after arriving.

Love pre-opening breakfast, walking into MK is so peaceful. We went to Cinderalla's Royal table for breakfast as a family a couple of times (years ago) and our band of monkeys, minus one, went to BOG for breakfast. The breakfast was delicious and great opportunity to stroll and take pictures (NM). :) I am a lover of Pooh and can't believe we have never done CP....maybe a plan for August family trip!

Love pre-opening breakfast, SNIP! I am a lover of Pooh and can't believe we have never done CP....maybe a plan for August family trip!

Definitely do Crystal Palace for breakfast! The food is the best and the setting is lovely. The best way to go about that in my humble opinion is to book CP on a morning that the MK does NOT have morning extra magic hours. So let's say the MK opens at 9 am. Book your breakfast at 8:30am. The people who have breakfast reservations (regardless of their time!) will be allowed in starting at 7:50 am. So now you are in the MK at 7:50 and you have until 8:30 to take pictures on Main street and just enjoy the ambiance of the Castle with few people around. Photopass photographers are out that early working at locations all along main street and by the Castle in the hub.

Sometimes you even get lucky and catch a wedding taking place. When we hit Be our Guest during that orange monkey trip we saw one taking place in the train station.

I know Rebecca knows all this already, I'm just taking the opportunity to fill in the rest of the peanut gallery.

~NM

Anyone have a recent experience with parking at the Yacht Club? I'm staying there and my parents want to come over and visit me. They live in Florida and do not have annual passes. (I know, it's unbelievable! :crazy:) Can my parents park at Yacht Club while we eat dinner together and visit the Boardwalk? They used to be able to. But I've read some recent reviews stating that they can not park at the resort any more without a reservation? We're eating at Crew's Cup Lounge; no reservation. If it makes a difference, my mom has a disability parking pass. Thanks for your help. I really don't want them to pay $20.

Anyone have a recent experience with parking at the Yacht Club? I'm staying there and my parents want to come over and visit me. They live in Florida and do not have annual passes. (I know, it's unbelievable! :crazy:) Can my parents park at Yacht Club while we eat dinner together and visit the Boardwalk? They used to be able to. But I've read some recent reviews stating that they can not park at the resort any more without a reservation? We're eating at Crew's Cup Lounge; no reservation. If it makes a difference, my mom has a disability parking pass. Thanks for your help. I really don't want them to pay $20.

The Disney reports have free valet parking if you have a handicap pass. So just put the pass on the car and pull right up to the front of the Yacht Club and valet park.

Since you are staying there, your parents can also tell the guard at the entrance gate that their daughter is staying there, give your name and room number and they will be allowed to self park too. But self parking is a little distance away so your mom may find it easier to valet.

We visited my parents at the Yacht Club a few times when they were staying there. We told the guard at the entrance that we were visiting my parents and they let us in. They didn't even ask for any names or room numbers.

My family is considering switching to Yacht Club from AOA suites first week of April but we have relatives who also want to meet us there. They are DVC but nothing open at BCV (last minute booking). I read that DVC are not allowed to pool hop to Stormalong Bay. Is there an option like paying for a Day guest so they can enjoy the pool with us? Otherwise we may be "stuck" at AOA (since they can find a room on points there...) TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter