Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Talked to central reservations about my trip in Nov, we are BC CL garden view, I said that my first choice was a full balcony. She said not to bother requesting a full balcony because all the BC CL garden view rooms have a full balcony. I proceeded to tell her that I thought that some of the rooms had Juliette balconies, or standing only balconies. She said that I was wrong. I have only stayed at the BC once and about 10 times at the YC, where I know that the majority of the rooms have full balconies.

Who is right?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I am not answering questions in order, but I had to respond to this one.

I can't believe it, but the person that you talked to is right on this one! In the BC CL GV category, either 7 or 9 rooms, they all have full balconies. This is the only category I know of at the BC for which this is true.

Was it IPO who you talked to or was it really someone in central reservations who knew that information?

I am shocked!

However, I would still place a request for full balcony on my reservation. I don't know if the room assigners look at requests if they do an upgrade (say they have to place you in water view if the garden view rooms are overbooked during your stay)- I would want it on the record that a full balcony is important to me.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!
I have a quick question and sorry if it's been asked. I didn't go through all the pages. Does anyone know why the Yacht Club is completely booked (every room category) for early August? The Beach Club still has rooms left. Just curious, thank you!

:welcome: to the thread.

I don't know the answer to your question, but there could be a few reasons (all guesses on my part):

Some YC rooms may be taken out of inventory for an upcoming room refurbishment project (don't know when it is going to start, but it will likely be happening in August)

There could be a huge convention with rooms held at the resort (I have never found a place where you could see the conventions going on at any given time- anyone know of a site?)

Some travel agents can block a group of rooms making them unavailable through Disney, but there are still rooms to book from a third party like Orbitz.

Glitch in the awesome Disney booking system?

Keep checking. Something could open up.

:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!
I have a quick question and sorry if it's been asked. I didn't go through all the pages. Does anyone know why the Yacht Club is completely booked (every room category) for early August? The Beach Club still has rooms left. Just curious, thank you!

What dates are you looking at. I can check the Brit side of things for you (we have a different booking site) to see if it is Disney over the pond who are holding the inventory hostage.

Hi Everyone!

My guess, and it truly is just a guess, is that with the pending refurb that's supposed to happen at YC they don't know how far along they will be in August so they are holding rooms back. Then as they get a handle on where they'll be as we get closer they will open some up.

I am not answering questions in order, but I had to respond to this one.

I can't believe it, but the person that you talked to is right on this one! In the BC CL GV category, either 7 or 9 rooms, they all have full balconies. This is the only category I know of at the BC for which this is true.

Was it IPO who you talked to or was it really someone in central reservations who knew that information?

I am shocked!

However, I would still place a request for full balcony on my reservation. I don't know if the room assigners look at requests if they do an upgrade (say they have to place you in water view if the garden view rooms are overbooked during your stay)- I would want it on the record that a full balcony is important to me.

:goodvibes

Wow this surprises me- I thought sure I was right (you learn something every day)!! Reading things on this site, a lot of times people get the wrong information when they call Disney.

I called the 407-939-7639 number, so I don't know if its IPO or central reservations.

I'm still going to keep the full balcony, near elevator, overlooking the back entrance (Boardwalk view) on my reservation.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I don't know the answer to your question, but there could be a few reasons (all guesses on my part):

Some YC rooms may be taken out of inventory for an upcoming room refurbishment project (don't know when it is going to start, but it will likely be happening in August)

There could be a huge convention with rooms held at the resort (I have never found a place where you could see the conventions going on at any given time- anyone know of a site?)

Some travel agents can block a group of rooms making them unavailable through Disney, but there are still rooms to book from a third party like Orbitz.

Hi Everyone!
The same lack of availability appears into mid-October 2016, though Orbitz shows slight availability for Garden View on select dates.

They might be anticipating construction, especially in Club rooms, starting in August and running into mid-October 2016, as there seems to be no availability for Club level, at all, during that time. They normally complete the Club level rooms, before moving down the floors, during the room refurb work.

I agree with Dee's thoughts about groups (usually medical conventions), as well as anticipated refurb work, blocking out a great number of rooms. However, the groups are not normally Club level.

Happy New Year to all my wonderful Yacht and Beach Club friends.

My many countdown apps inform me that we have 222 days to go before returning to Florida. Meanwhile my bathroom scales inform me that I have 1 stone and 8lbs to loose before I can fit into any of my vacation clothes. :rotfl2:

Happy new year to you too and I too must lose many lbs before trying to fit into summer clothers lol

Hi all,

I am from the uk and am already in planning mode for our trip in August 2017! We always stayed offsite in a villa but in 2015 stayed at SSR with the free dining offer. We loved being in the Disney bubble and decided our next visit would also be on site. We had a dinner ADR at Yachtmans Steakhouse and explored the area and fell in love with the place. We are saving our pennies very hard to be able to stay at either Yacht Club or Beach Club for our holiday hoping we are able to take advantage of the free ddp that they usually offer uk guests as the flights and room rates add up for a 16 night stay which makes the long flight worthwhile. I do have a couple of questions if anyone would be kind enough to help me. We are staying in August so know it will be busy but will SAB be unbearable and will we be able to ever find 3 seats together??? I have read reports where people get up early and head off to the parks after reserving their loungers with towels for when they return late afternoon. Is this a common practice? We had no problems getting loungers at SSR in any of the pools and there were no saving of seats there. Also, I really love the Yacht Club side and the lobby etc but the Beach Club rooms look much nicer. I had read the Club Lounge at the Yacht Club is being refurbed but are the normal rooms and would they all be completed by August 2017? Sorry for the questions but the holiday will cost us about £8000 so we want to make sure we get the choice right :)

You will be fine at the pool. If you are in any way unhappy with your room when you get there speak to front desk and they will do their best to help resolve any issues. Try not to worry. You will love BC/YC

What dates are you looking at. I can check the Brit side of things for you (we have a different booking site) to see if it is Disney over the pond who are holding the inventory hostage.

I was looking at Aug. 4-8. The YC has been booked ever since the packages opened up months ago. I just thought it was strange, but everyone's replies make sense. I can always call or keep checking online. Right now I'm booked at the BWI and am excited to try it. Thank you all! :thanks:

I was looking at either BC or YC CL from 4th to 9th September as part of my DD's surprise 21st birthday holiday. My preference would have been the YC CL but I think I have decided on the BC CL as I don't want to take the chance of having any renovations or consturction going on while we are there. I read on a previous post that all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies which was really helpful but I have 1 other question regarding the rooms. Does anyone know how many 2 bed queen rooms & 1 bed king rooms there are. Iam concerned that we will end up in a king room and that would just ruin DD's trip as Iam a very restless sleeper and would keep her awake if we had to share a bed.

I was looking at either BC or YC CL from 4th to 9th September as part of my DD's surprise 21st birthday holiday. My preference would have been the YC CL but I think I have decided on the BC CL as I don't want to take the chance of having any renovations or consturction going on while we are there. I read on a previous post that all BC CL GV rooms have full balconies which was really helpful but I have 1 other question regarding the rooms. Does anyone know how many 2 bed queen rooms & 1 bed king rooms there are. Iam concerned that we will end up in a king room and that would just ruin DD's trip as Iam a very restless sleeper and would keep her awake if we had to share a bed.

I knew the answer to this question pre-refurbishment, but I don't know if they changed the bedding in the rooms when they were updated. At the time, I think they all had two queen beds and only one had a daybed. No kings in the BC CL GV rooms. Like I said, that may have changed.

I believe you could add to your request "2 non-married adults, not a King Bed room, please". There are far more rooms with the 2 Queen configuration than rooms with a King bed.

:goodvibes:

I was looking at Aug. 4-8. The YC has been booked ever since the packages opened up months ago. I just thought it was strange, but everyone's replies make sense. I can always call or keep checking online. Right now I'm booked at the BWI and am excited to try it. Thank you all! :thanks:

Ive had a quick look. The only availability I can book for your dates is the Turret Suite CL a snip at £5,060 :scared1:

Natebenma Thanks for the information. I will just book it and put the special request you suggested on the booking. Getting excited now.

We have booked the Beach Club for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and are sooooo excited. It will be our family's 2nd trip to Florida from the UK and our first time at a deluxe resort.
I have enjoyed reading through this thread to learn more about it, only downside is I now don't want to have to wait!

I also read natebenma trip report from 'what happens at the beach club' which made me actually well up at points despite the fact I don't know anyone in it and it also made me think we will probably definitely want longer than 2 nights. Hope we can fit everything we want in.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread as this year goes on :mickeyjum :dancer:

We have booked the Beach Club for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and are sooooo excited. It will be our family's 2nd trip to Florida from the UK and our first time at a deluxe resort.
I have enjoyed reading through this thread to learn more about it, only downside is I now don't want to have to wait!

I also read natebenma trip report from 'what happens at the beach club' which made me actually well up at points despite the fact I don't know anyone in it and it also made me think we will probably definitely want longer than 2 nights. Hope we can fit everything we want in.

Looking forward to keeping up with this thread as this year goes on :mickeyjum :dancer:
Have fun planning!

Question--Do you all think I will be ok sleeping on the day bed, or should I try and make my 24 year old nephew sleep on it? He is quite a bit taller than I am, but I am quite a bit older than he is. Or should I tell him it is the day bed or sharing a bed with his grandpa?

BC CL is a garden view better than a standard view? I thought it would be but the garden view is cheaper??? Every time I go to book I have another question. The advice I have received on this thread has been so helpful. Thank you all.

I booked YC Tuesday (there was only CL available) for 11/10-16 and the next day everything was booked out completely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter