Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good morning!
I have an upcoming trip to the YC and I was wondering if the kids meals at Hurricane Hannah’s are still served in a sand pail. If not, has anyone seen them for sale in the gift shops?

We’ll be at the YC mid-October 2022 with my nephew’s family that includes a 2 1/2 year old boy and his brother who turns 4 that week. They love the water so I expect a lot of pool time. Do all pool chairs have umbrellas? Are there shady areas?

TIA

Good morning!
I have an upcoming trip to the YC and I was wondering if the kids meals at Hurricane Hannah’s are still served in a sand pail. If not, has anyone seen them for sale in the gift shops?
No sand pail in May or July this year. Hoping someone that went more recently can chime in, those buckets are all over the sandy area when the kids meals come in it so hard to miss lol.

I didn’t check at the gift shop specifically for it but I don’t recall seeing it at the BC Marketplace.

We’ll be at the YC mid-October 2022 with my nephew’s family that includes a 2 1/2 year old boy and his brother who turns 4 that week. They love the water so I expect a lot of pool time. Do all pool chairs have umbrellas? Are there shady areas?

TIA
There are no umbrellas for the chairs however there is limited shade down near the water slide to the left and right and a few chairs behind the slide. Be aware that this area is away from the kids area where there is a mini sand beach and shallower areas

TIA

Besides the areas @Ricguz mentioned, there is an area with several trees near the YC side. So that area is pretty shady. Plus right in front of the YC walkway is usually shady. There are some umbrella tables scattered around the pool deck. But most of those are straight back chairs, not loungers. And those are usually grabbed early in the day. There are also umbrella tables at the far YC end of the pool deck, near the cabanas. There are pictures in the SAB post on page 1 of this thread that shows these & the treed area in front of YC.

Last edited:
Can anyone who has been recently let me know how long before park opening the first buses have been coming to the YC? I feel like I should know this by now, but our last two trips there was no rhyme or reason to the times first bus of the day arrived (one day it arrive 30 minutes prior to park open, another day it arrived 5 minutes before park opening), so wondering if they finally have a rough schedule these days. Thanks!

TIA
There are a lot of shady areas near the shallow kids pool area. There are at least ten or more tables with umbrellas and many recliners in the shade on the YC side of SAB. This area does not fill up as fast as the shady areas near the Beach Club.

Club Level question -- I couldn't figure out how to search for my answer - I'm sure I'm missing something easy; but we are doing CL -- a couple of us don't drink beer or wine -- we prefer the "hard stuff." Ha! Can we get drinks at CL (i.e. martini, mojito) and just pay for those drinks?

Can anyone who has been recently let me know how long before park opening the first buses have been coming to the YC? I feel like I should know this by now, but our last two trips there was no rhyme or reason to the times first bus of the day arrived (one day it arrive 30 minutes prior to park open, another day it arrived 5 minutes before park opening), so wondering if they finally have a rough schedule these days. Thanks!
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, the first MK bus came about 7:15. I didn't go to AK, so don't know when the first bus arrived, but several came while I was waiting for MK bus ( I believe I got to the bus stop about 6:45)

Club Level question -- I couldn't figure out how to search for my answer - I'm sure I'm missing something easy; but we are doing CL -- a couple of us don't drink beer or wine -- we prefer the "hard stuff." Ha! Can we get drinks at CL (i.e. martini, mojito) and just pay for those drinks?

CL CMs don’t have other hard liquors available, even for purchase. The only thing I know they mix is mimosas. There are cordials in the evening. I don’t really drink, so not sure what all is there. But I think things like Bailey’s that some people will add to other beverages themselves.

What is considered water view at the YC? Is it the rooms that only face Crescent Lake or can it also include rooms that face the quiet pool? We stayed in a garden view room a few years ago and had an awesome view of the gazebo and Crescent Lake. I'd like that room view again and will book a water view room if it guarantees a view of Crescent Lake.

What is considered water view at the YC? Is it the rooms that only face Crescent Lake or can it also include rooms that face the quiet pool? We stayed in a garden view room a few years ago and had an awesome view of the gazebo and Crescent Lake. I'd like that room view again and will book a water view room if it guarantees a view of Crescent Lake.
They do consider a view of the pool to be a water view. I would look on Touring Plans room finder. Honestly, 90% of the water view rooms at the YC are fantastic IMO.

Just got back, we had a great trip BUT our room was a bit rough. It was a ground-floor garden view room overlooking the quiet pool.

1. We had bugs in our room, tiny little black bugs, on the marble coffee bar area and tv stand/dresser.
2. 1/2 of the USB outlets did not work.
3. The floor was dirty at check-in.
4. 1 sink would not drain.
5. The cooler door would not shut and therefore would not cool.
6. The nightstand drawers had dried very sticky soda/juice/Gatorade inside the drawers.

1-5 were fixed after talking to the front desk.

6. This required 3 trips to the front desk including having the manager come with me to the room to show him.

$100 room credit.

Was this beach club or y club.. or Villas?

Im staying at the villas next year to try an Epcot resort for the first time. Was gonna do riviera cause its newer but everyone tells me beach club is great lol

For anyone who has stayed Club level in the last few weeks, can you share what offerings were available for breakfast, snacks, and evening? Thank you

Storm Along Bay is waterview. The quiet pool is garden view. There is a map of the rooms on page 1 of this thread that shows the views. The touring plans site has been wrong several times.

This is only for YC. BC quiet pool views also look out on to the lake, so those are waterview.

Last edited:
Storm Along Bay is waterview. The quiet pool is garden view. There is a map of the rooms on page 1 of this thread that shows the views. The touring plans site has been wrong several times.

This is only for YC. BC quiet pool views also look out on to the lake, so those are waterview.
Thank you! I’ll look at page 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter