• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

so with the news that Disney is relaxing the distancing like universal and seaworld, do you think that will make the pool wait less? I'm really concerned about the pool with their being waits currently when a whole hotel is shut down.

Hi all, since someone mentioned bounce back....Does anyone know (assuming we are able to book bounce backs) if it has to be the same people in your returning reservation? I'm going with my husband this June but want to book a trip for my mom and I next year. Am I able to book with a bounce back offer with different people?
Pre-covid: You could book bouncebacks with other people, and book up to 3 rooms at that rate under your name. But when we were there in January, there were no bouncebacks or plans to offer them. I called the special extension in case there were offers but no brochure. Probably others who have been there since can clarify.

Did not have them in my rooms May 1-May 10 at BCV, Poly, BWV. Had them in both DVC rooms and non DVC rooms pre-Covid.
Thanks
Hi all, since someone mentioned bounce back....Does anyone know (assuming we are able to book bounce backs) if it has to be the same people in your returning reservation? I'm going with my husband this June but want to book a trip for my mom and I next year. Am I able to book with a bounce back offer with different people?
As far as I know it can be different people with you.

Pre-COVID, the printed information about the bounce back offers was not always in the rooms when it should have been. On one trip I went down to the front desk and asked, and was told (incorrectly) that this meant there were no bounceback offers. It actually meant that the prior guest had taken the brochure home or thrown it out, and housekeeping didn't notice and put out a new one.

Pre-COVID, you could call the Bounceback phone numbers while at Disney (or within a certain number of hours after you checked out) to book even if there was no brochure in your room. I have the numbers saved in my phone, but I haven't used them in a long time. I don't know if they work these days. The phone numbers I have are:
407-939-1923
407-939-7607
Thank you so much. I've added the numbers to my phone. Not that we can travel internationally yet but a girl can dream can't she :goodvibes

I doubt that the Bounce Back (BB) Offers will be back by June. Before being dropped due to Covid-19 but anyone on your reservation could book multiple rooms for a Bounce Back Offer per original . So in your case you could book a BB for you and your mom if and when BB Offers return.

They tended to be offered quarterly and the specific resorts and dates varied. The real reason for the BB is as always discounts to fill rooms at resorts that have low future bookings to the select time period (not an issue today).

Note: BB Offers are only valid while you are at the resort and not when you leave the property and return home. I would not expect BB Offers to return until early next year due at the earliest if they return due to the pent up demand and the 50th WDW Anniversary starting on Oct. 1st of this year.

Dave

Here's what I know or have an understanding of about bounceback offers.... at least before Covid.

While you are currently onsite, or up until midnight on the checkout date, you used to be able to call and book if there was availability for the dates you wanted. (I remember someone who forgot to book until they arrived back home and called (before midnight) and was able to book.... maybe that's changed but that was my understanding).

I believe that the dates were only though the end of the current year, as I did try one time to book for after the 1st of the following year, and they said I couldn't.

Anyone in your current party can book - and the guests on the new reservation do not need to be currently part of the people staying, but the lead on the new reservation must be part of the current onsite reservation.

Once booked, BB reservations could be changed to other dates and guests (other than the lead), as long as it lined up with the offer and there was availability.

There is a DIS thread dedicated to bounceback offers not a lot of activity now, but lots of info:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...d-read-first-post-no-offer-currently.3680214/

Hope this helps.... hope this returns when more normalcy returns.... :)

This is going to be a silly question, but once you have a pool wristband are you able to re-enter? I'm picturing having to grab snacks for kiddos, or forgetting to take along sunscreen, etc.

with the 3 foot rule put into place for distancing will that ease the bus restrictions better?
There are a lot of moving parts right now with the recent CDC mask updates and Disney's 2Q earnings report which hinted at easing of masks beginning in the summer. How that translates in to transportation impacts is yet to be determined. I would assume better capacity for buses. Not sure if they'll untie the straps for standing but think all seats will be filled.

i am arriving at 6:30 mco and using magical express for june yc stay. what do you all suggest i do if everyone is hungry but i don't want to make an adr because i'm not sure what time i will arrive on property?

i am arriving at 6:30 mco and using magical express for june yc stay. what do you all suggest i do if everyone is hungry but i don't want to make an adr because i'm not sure what time i will arrive on property?
We have the same schedule! Flight lands at 6:30, heading to BC in June. We plan on walking over to the boardwalk & grabbing dinner from the pizza window so the kids can stretch their legs & we don’t have to stress about ADR’s

AM or PM?

If PM, another option would be the Fountain at the Dolphin, if you arrive on a day that it is open. (The Swan and Dolphin have their own app, and it has hours of operation as well as menus for those restaurants.) Currently the Fountain is closed Monday and Tuesday. On Wed, Thurs and Friday it is open 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm. On Sat and Sun it is open noon to 11:00 pm. It's kind of like Beaches & Cream, but you don't need a reservation.

We have the same schedule! Flight lands at 6:30, heading to BC in June. We plan on walking over to the boardwalk & grabbing dinner from the pizza window so the kids can stretch their legs & we don’t have to stress about ADR’s
I believe Big River Grill is open on the Boardwalk side of the lake also - and I don't think you need ADRs for that (I don't think they even take ADRs) but if they are too full, the Pizza Window would be a good back up....The Bakery also has a few sandwiches too....

I believe Big River Grill is open on the Boardwalk side of the lake also - and I don't think you need ADRs for that (I don't think they even take ADRs) but if they are too full, the Pizza Window would be a good back up....The Bakery also has a few sandwiches too....

Pre-COVID, you could make Big River Grill reservations on Open Table, which I think had no penalty if you cancelled or didn't show up. I don't know if it's the same now.

Does Ale & Compass usually serve lunch? I didn't think so but when I check for lunch reservations Memorial Day weekend, they have a bunch of them. I wonder if that's new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter