• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

this was not the case currently they only took your trash from your room every other day

I know there is "light housekeeping" every day - that was the case in February. I guess the room checkers at the Poly were just more conscientious about taking the garbage out. Because they did that every day.

Your nice images show the areas with the sand you can play in, but the whole pool area has a sand bottom. It is possible that in some areas the sand shifts and you can feel the textured pool bottom, but there is sand everywhere. It's my favorite thing about SAB.
...not by design. According to my DS, who did his DCP there [BC/YC], it is mainly through the constant movement of the water that it winds up getting located over the entire area of the pool, but, for the most part, it is really for where [my photos] indicate. Many folks don't even know this interesting fact: because of the amount of water and the square footage of SAB, Florida considers it a water park - that is why no pool-hopping is allowed at this particular pool and daily wristbands are issued at the gates.

the thing that bothered me the most was the lack of housekeeping. I understand about covid but at this point there really is no reason why they can’t be cleaning the room

I’m with you here. I’m generally fine with all the modifications and such and have been taking it all in stride given the ‘unprecedented circumstances,’ but this particular one is growing long in the tooth for us, if I’m honest.

While we are talking housekeeping, does anyone know if DVC rooms are getting housekeeping? I’m curious if no housekeeping is because of cast member shortage, Covid restrictions, or a combination of both?

At some point during our two week stay, I guess I’ll have to call and kindly ask for a deep clean. We only go in August, maybe things will change...

Does the Marketplace still have the freestyle machines or did they replace those with the traditional refill machines when they renovated?
The Yacht Club marketplace had one freestyle machine turned on, and one turned off, during our stay last week. The Beach Club marketplace has the traditional drink dispensers and they were both turned on.

I had received a survey from our trip in April. My response was that there was no reason they couldn't bring back regular housekeeping and open the drink dispensers. They took my advice on one of my two recommendations. ;)

Last edited:
Quick SAB question - does everyone in your party have to enter at the same time? With the wristbands, I assume so. Was thinking of jumping in line after park return while the family goes to the room and changes.

Quick SAB question - does everyone in your party have to enter at the same time? With the wristbands, I assume so. Was thinking of jumping in line after park return while the family goes to the room and changes.
No, they can enter at any time. The CM will give them wristbands when they enter. :)

I'm "late" in posting this (busy this weekend getting ready for Mother's Day) but I did manage to get Cape May reservations for our trip - 11 people (split in reservations for 6 and then 5)

I saw on the board someone saying it opened before 6am eastern, but that oddly was not my experience. It wasn't listed in the main list of restaurants; when I filter on Beach Club it was but still said unavailable; I clicked on it anyway and when I tried to get a reservation it said nothing available for any day I chose for any time.

I went back to bed and woke up at 6:30 central (7:30 eastern) and was able to get the reservations we wanted.

One "tip" that worked for others. If you filter on "dinner" it limits the suggestions to later in the time period. It had the only ones available at 7pm

But when I specifically chose an earlier time I got 5:00pm

And later in the day it STILL didn't list Cape May in the main list and still said unavailable in the Beach Club filter.

Less than perfect execution on their part but it all worked out. We're happy!

For what it's worth - I just check the restaurants and Cape May still is not listed in the total list of restaurants; filtering on Beach Club it still says "unavailable" even though it's available past May 18; if people don't read the DIS news (and other sites) they would think it has not set an opening date.

Getting so excited for our (4 times rescheduled) family trip. My husband and I will be traveling with our 4 children (8,6,4,&1).

I have many fingers crossed for a Yachtsman (and Jiko) reopening. I’m also trying to temper my expectations with other COVID related restrictions falling away, or experiences coming back. Fireworks, Hoop De Doo, and no masks outdoors would be a dream. But I will just be happy to be finally be going back, no matter what.

We will be in a BCV 2BR 10/22-10/28, after starting our trip with 3 nights in a Kidani 1 BR savanna view villa.

The Yacht Club marketplace had one freestyle machine turned on, and one turned off, during our stay last week. The Beach Club marketplace has the traditional drink dispensers and they were both turned on.

I had received a survey from our trip in April. My response was that there was no reason they couldn't bring back regular housekeeping and open the drink dispensers. They took my advice on one of my two recommendations. ;)

Thank you for all of your help with my questions today. ;) I'm sure I'll have many more before our August trip.

I appreciate you being our voices. I'll take one of the two. Maybe if more people suggest it, regular housekeeping will come back sooner rather than later. I truly think we are going to see a lot more changes in the days and weeks ahead.

I know there is "light housekeeping" every day - that was the case in February. I guess the room checkers at the Poly were just more conscientious about taking the garbage out. Because they did that every day.
i

I guess you got lucky at the poly because that is not happening at the yacht club

...not by design. According to my DS, who did his DCP there [BC/YC], it is mainly through the constant movement of the water that it winds up getting located over the entire area of the pool, but, for the most part, it is really for where [my photos] indicate. Many folks don't even know this interesting fact: because of the amount of water and the square footage of SAB, Florida considers it a water park - that is why no pool-hopping is allowed at this particular pool and daily wristbands are issued at the gates.

Not disputing what your DS was told, but SAB has had a sand bottom in the whole pool area from day one. The description of the pool includes that fact, and the sandy play area is not connected by water to the rest of the main pool area. So some of the sand might migrate from the play area but it's not getting there by water.

Thank you for the clarification. Sounds like we should all be together to get the wristbands.

When we go, if everyone is not with us I will just ask for 2 bands in addition for my kids, and they have never had a problem giving me the extra wristbands. When my kids get close to the pool I meet them outside and give them their bands so they don't have to wait in the line if there is one. It makes the whole thing really easy and less stressful for everyone.

When we go, if everyone is not with us I will just ask for 2 bands in addition for my kids, and they have never had a problem giving me the extra wristbands. When my kids get close to the pool I meet them outside and give them their bands so they don't have to wait in the line if there is one. It makes the whole thing really easy and less stressful for everyone.
Fantastic, that is what I was hoping for.

In three Yacht club trips this year, I never got trash removal, towels or toiletries without requesting. Three stays at Saratoga as well, totally different story. Trash removal everyday and refresh every other day. I have complained to guest services with my last stay @ GF in April. The overall cleanliness of rooms is really suffering. A between guest cleaning doesn't cut it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter