Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Same as wilkydelts-we will arrive from a different hotel we stayed in the night before in our swimsuits and modest clothing-like coverups to drop off our bags at Bell Services and head right to the pool asap. Interested in these responses as well-We requested early check in but will be prepared if we can't!

You can check in anytime in the morning and do you have access to the pool area on check-in day. However, your room may not be available until later in the afternoon at regular check-in time.

You can check in anytime in the morning and do you have access to the pool area on check-in day. However, your room may not be available until later in the afternoon at regular check-in time.

I guess that it was I am asking. I could care less about my room, I know I will gain access eventually. I just don't want to have to wait until 12 or 1 to check in for pool access and then be placed on a waiting list if the pool is crowded that day.

Has anyone been turned away trying to check in that early?

What do the resort cups look like right now?
They look the same as they have recently, the standard one white, different characters in the newer design and then there are the “upgraded” ones more like a tumbler I believe they are called? Star Wars design is available at beach club and then they have a red skyliner version at the skyliner resorts. I honestly can’t praise them enough! The upgraded cups will hold ice all day long for you, they are awesome!

Does YC have Keurig machines? I thought I saw that they did. Not having enough coffee is always my biggest hotel gripe. But when they have Keurigs or Nesprossos, I always bring a few boxes with me so I never run out. Nothing worse than waking up and realizing you only have decaf left!

Yes, YC has Keurigs. BC (I think) has a mix of Keurigs and those weird “coffee bag“ machines like at the values. BCV has 4 and 12 cup basket filter machines depending on the size of villa.

The Keurigs are one of the big reasons we stay at YC rather than BC, second only to the full balcony benefits.

I guess that it was I am asking. I could care less about my room, I know I will gain access eventually. I just don't want to have to wait until 12 or 1 to check in for pool access and then be placed on a waiting list if the pool is crowded that day.

Has anyone been turned away trying to check in that early?

You can use the pool as you want on check in day, you will not be turned away, but you may have trouble finding somewhere to change. Most pool showers/changing rooms at WDW resorts are currently closed, not sure about SAB.

When I joined DVC, housekeeping didn't set foot in your room except on the designated days (day 4 and day 8, what they did on those days depended on how long your stay was). There was a trash room on each floor so that people staying in the DVC rooms could take their trash out of their rooms.

Then after the mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017, Disney started doing daily room checks. For DVC, they started taking your trash out every day as the room check.

I have not been back since the Pandemic started. My understanding is that the daily room checks (meaning trash removal) are supposed to be ongoing. However, I think it's possible that this is less reliable these days. Also, I assume there is still a trash room on each floor, and I assume it is still open. But the trash room is not something people have been reporting about.

From an old post on another website: "At the BCV, there's a trash room located at the corner of the main corridor and the 'jog' opposite pool-view rooms on every floor."

That description is kind of confusing, even to me. When I first go to my room, I try to pay attention to see if I walk past the trash room, so I know where it is. If I don't walk past it, I make a point of looking for it before I need it.

I have these notes from an old trip:
Looked for ice machine on 4th floor.
There is a sign near the elevator.
Go down the hall.
If you get to the trash room, you have gone too far.
Thank you so much for all this helpful information!

Others have already responded with detailed information, but thought I would give you a graphic of where the trash room and ice machine/beverage vending are located in the BCVs. The picture is for the first floor but is in the same spot for all 5 floors. The trash room is across the hall from room 138. It consists of a variety of average size recycling containers and one large garbage can. The ice and beverage vending are across from 136. Both were open in January when we were there. We also got daily trash service so didn't need to use it much!

View attachment 569613
This is great! Thank you! Hopefully trash piling up won't be an issue. Thanks to you guys, I am prepared if it is.

and then they have a red skyliner version at the skyliner resorts. I honestly can’t praise them enough! The upgraded cups will hold ice all day long for you, they are awesome!
They have the Skyliner versions now?!? This would be great! I thought the Skyliner version was sold out.

You can use the pool as you want on check in day, you will not be turned away, but you may have trouble finding somewhere to change. Most pool showers/changing rooms at WDW resorts are currently closed, not sure about SAB.
If you're comfortable with changing in a standard restroom with stalls, there are plenty to choose from at the resorts and some close to SAB. The two closest to SAB on the resort side are just past B&C. For inside options there is a restroom in the YC portion of the resort just past Crews Cup that is low activity.

They have the Skyliner versions now?!? This would be great! I thought the Skyliner version was sold out.
I saw people with them! I suppose I’m not 100% sure they weren’t brought from home though. I actually meant to grab one at riviera myself but forgot when we were there and didn’t feel like making the trip back just for it. Probably would have if I didn’t already have one at home :)

FYI: I walked thru the Market at the Yacht Club at 9:30 tonight & saw there is still a CM dispensing the soda & coffee. I didn’t check the BC market. The area where the beverages are is pretty tight at the YC, so it is possible they aren’t able to assure distancing if people do their own. Just a guess.

Earth Day.jpg

Does anyone have any environmentally friendly trips for vacation?

Here's mine. I "make" water. I fill up the room's ice bucket before going to bed and leave it to melt. In the morning, I fill our reusable water bottles with more ice, and the melted ice to take to the parks, or wherever I am going.

As an alternative, I sometimes purchase a gallon of water to use to refill the bottles or for the coffee machine instead of getting a case of bottled water.

Last edited:
As far as purchasing a gallon of water, I usually do that for the coffee pot since tap water is not good for making coffee or drinking. I really had a hard time finding gallons this past trip, and ended up having to buy distilled water, but that was kept behind the counter rather than inside the refrigeration area.

FYI: I walked thru the Market at the Yacht Club at 9:30 tonight & saw there is still a CM dispensing the soda & coffee. I didn’t check the BC market. The area where the beverages are is pretty tight at the YC, so it is possible they aren’t able to assure distancing if people do their own. Just a guess.
Thanks for the report! Good point about the layout not being conducive to distancing. I'll stay tuned to see if things change as this rolls out resort wide. We arrive next week and I know my crew is looking forward to the freestyle machines.

As an alternative, I sometimes purchase a gallon of water to use to refill the bottles or for the coffee machine instead of getting a case of bottled water.

We do this too sometimes. I bring a refillable water bottle from home and then buy a few gallons of water and just refill from those. I also try and refill our water bottle with the bottle stations in the parks when I come across them. I also bring reusable straws and collapsible cups to have on hand in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter