Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When we were there for a big family trip in 2012, we had requested a full balcony, and they said 1st floor WAS considered a full balcony. We actually did like it, as we could all sit outside and go back and forth to each others' rooms easily...

Yep, leave on 8/18 and return to work on 8/30. Not sure about September. We are thinking of jumping on the Fantasy on 9/12 for a week but nothing definite yet. I've got a week or two to decide on the cruise.
We arrive 31/8, iunderstand you work Mondays so I hope you are our greeter.

I'm so excited! We just booked a Disney cruise for next June, and we're planning on a few days at Universal and a week at WDW afterward. Since we're flying all of the way across the country, we figured we'd make the most of it. :D

I went to book a resort at WDW, and was shocked to see that BC standard and garden views were already all gone for our June 2016 dates! But YC was available in a garden view, so I snapped that up. Last time we were at WDW (2014) we stayed at YC and loved it, so we're looking forward to doing it again. Maybe even the same room...

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back in the BC/YC lovers' thread, and planning a WDW trip!

So, what's the skinny on YC refurbishment? I see a lot of stuff in the OP about the BC and BCV, but nothing about YC refurbishment dates?

I've booked and IllumiNations fireworks cruise for NEXT Sunday, August 16. We are a family of 3 (me, DW and DS(12)) looking for up to 7 others to join us and split the cost of the cruise. It's $346.13 with tax total. Looking to divide the total cost by the number of cruisers or split 50/50 with another family of 3-5 people. Park admission is not required.

I posted this in the "IllumiNations and Wishes Cruises - Find One To Share" thread in the "Theme Parks Community" sub-board of the "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" board but thought I would duplicate that post here since the cruise launches from the Yacht Club pier.

Is anyone interested in joining us?

Martin

I always get excited when I can see the weather forecast for my trip. Especially when we go in Jabuary, so I can set reasonable expectations about pool time.

I got very excited last Tuesday, which was the first day our first day showed up on the 10 day forecast.

I realized at some point last week that I never gave my TA our flight information, so we don't have the yellow tags for DME. I did email IPO and have us set up to take the bus. At first I thought, no biggie. We'll just collect our luggage and head to the bus. But now I'm thinking its me, my 12-year-old and a 3-year-old in a stroller. How workable is that - put the older kid to work pulling two suitcases while I pull a third and push the stroller. And probably tote all the carryons. I think I should save myself the literal backache and have a car pick us up.

Our TA is wonderful.....but it's frustrating that they have to do EVERYTHING! I really like being a big part of the planning process. For instance..tried to book ME....nope, TA had to do it. On Friday, I tried calling Disney to verify my room requests....nope, only TA can do that.
Upsetting!

Please let us know how it works out. I have found the phone reps at DME to be extremely cooperative and helpful. If you explain your dilemma on the phone, ASAP, they just might be able to come through for you.

:goodvibes

I got very excited last Tuesday, which was the first day our first day showed up on the 10 day forecast.

Our TA is wonderful.....but it's frustrating that they have to do EVERYTHING! I really like being a big part of the planning process. For instance..tried to book ME....nope, TA had to do it. On Friday, I tried calling Disney to verify my room requests....nope, only TA can do that.
Upsetting!

I really lucked out that the first half of our trip is CL. I think you can have IPO do some things that normally only the TA would be able to do. When today's mail came, there was an envelope with our yellow tags in it. Yay! So WL IPO came through for us and I don't have to worry about dragging all our stuff through the airport or paying for a car.

We were playing Apples to Apples, the Disney version. Two of the cards I pulled had scenes from the Fox and the Hound, part 2. They made a sequel to that movie? I hated the first one! That's a perfect candidate for the Tragical Depress. I totally agree on Dumbo, too.

Teena,

Wish I could find a way to ship some of our corn to you! DH farms around 1300 acres and we grow our own sweet corn...

That is so sweet. One of our friends actually tried to do it .. shipped it overnight .. and when it got here it was so hot in the packaging, although it was packed beautifully, it was all mushy. The heat just cooked it. Florida sweet corn just isn't anything like our corn in the Northeast. But at least we don't have snow in the winter. When I think of corn, I just keep reminding myself of snow and ice in winter!

Ooh, I hope that means we'll get a refurbed room. I'd love a patio. I didn't request ground floor because I was worried about getting a room that really needed work. Ah, well. It doesn't matter. I'm more worried about getting a day bed. If we don't, I might just have us squish into the two beds. Aria only weighs 28 pounds. How bad could it be with her and a tween, right? And I totally realize those are famous last words.

Coconut Milk, Almond milk, Soy Milk...Any avail in the marketplace? or is it just regular milk?

Teena, if I'm ever able to make the great dis road trip happen, we will bring you as much sweet corn as you could eat. I just traded in my Ford Flex for another Ford Flex, with an extra seat and a navigation system, in case we get lost. No entertainment system, though. We'll just kidnap Ninja Mom for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter