• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes, the Beach Club remains closed with no announced opening date.

The following is from Disney:

"While reopening dates were previously shared for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice, as the reopening timeline continues to be reevaluated."

I'm surprised that its not one of the open resorts as it allows walking to Epcot which is much safer.

I'm surprised that its not one of the open resorts as it allows walking to Epcot which is much safer.
It seems crazy that the Beach Club, perhaps the single most popular resort for the Food & Wine Festival, is closed.

I can't think of a stronger indication that Disney's hotel bookings are soft.

@Sarahslay, I’m sorry you had so many problems at YC. It is our favorite resort & we have always had friendly, helpful CMs. I think I read CMs we’re being called by seniority & often assigned to different spots. Wondering if that is contributing to these issues? Not excusing rude, unhelpful behavior. But hoping these weren’t the normal YC CMs & they won’t be around ruining a great resort.

And re: the “ you have too many magic bands” comments, I’m already with a comeback. “You know, you’re right. I must visit WDW waaay too much. Maybe I need to go spend my money at Universal for the next few years”. :rolleyes:

Coz seriously, that’s just about what they are saying. We didn’t ask for MBs, we didn’t demand MBs. Disney developed them, Disney encouraged visitors to buy extras, Disney decided to use them for everything related to your stay. And now they want to blame guests for problems saying we have too many?! What a crock.

They simply don't need to extra room inventory at this time. YC opened to host some NBA teams so it made sense to just keep it open. A combination of BWV, YC, and BCV appears to be sufficient to meet the anticipated guests for now in the Epcot area.

Dave

Not discounting anyone's experience but I have been to YC several times with no MB issues. We did have issues when we stayed at GF RPC. They told us we had too many MBs and deactivated some of them. I don't think anyone knows why the bands sometimes don't work.

Also want to point out a communictions issue. Again, not discounting a pp's experience, but when you are talking with a mask on, a lot of times people don't know what you are saying because they can't read lips for assistance. I have noticed that a lot of people will hesitate, or just nod their head, before asking, 'what did you say?' And sometimes I think it gets embarrassing for people when they have to admit that they can't hear you.

Got my ADR's this morning and left a few open times for resort QS. Hope it's not hard to mobile order from the Market at A&C if needed.

We are booked for Nov 15th-20th at the Villas! We are super excited, as BCR is one of our favorite Resorts. I am super bummed that Cape May is still closed though.... It's looking more and more like we won't be able to eat a mountain of crab legs when we go! :(

We come in September 11, a Friday. Our flight doesn’t land until 9, and I’m thinking we MAY be at the resort 10:30ish- anywhere we will be able to grab a bite that late??

Page 1676-1677

Me too! We are staying next month and would love to know how the re-opened Stormalong Bay is working out.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yacht Club or BCV?

:cool1:

They have really dropped the prices for stays at Yacht Club in the past few days.....almost made an impromptu resi for the weekend...but could not get all the bases covered in time. So maybe next weekend we head over...

To those who have reservations and are either FL residents or AP, remember you can get your rate adjusted to the new rate....saw rates as low as $265 per night

Thanks for the tip!

Based on the reports from others with upcoming trips booked, the discount just released to the general public has also saved guests tons of money!

💰

Does anyone know what the current pool hours are? For both SAB, and the other pools?

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

When YC/SAB opened last week, hours were 9 am to 9 pm. It will probably be the same for September, but I have also looked for confirmation.

:cool2:

Where in the resort is this posted? In the main lobby?
It was posted in the YC’s main lobby, at the time the photo was taken. However, with the refurb project that started around the counter, shortly after that, the board may have moved. Maybe someone on site can offer current info.

Page 1676-1677

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Yacht Club or BCV?

:cool1:

Thanks for the tip!

Based on the reports from others with upcoming trips booked, the discount just released to the general public has also saved guests tons of money!

💰

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

When YC/SAB opened last week, hours were 9 am to 9 pm. It will probably be the same for September, but I have also looked for confirmation.

:cool2:
Is it still possible to get a table with an umbrella at Stormalong Bay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter