Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is the room service menu just for YC? Is there a different one for BCV? Also does anyone know if Yachtsmans will be opening any time soon?

I think this is the first report of room service availability at any resort. If YC follows the pattern of the other resorts, Ale & Compass will be available, but not Yachtsman. Topolino's at the Riviera and California Grill at the Contemporary are the only resort signatures currently open.

FYI: Mobile order for The Market at Ale & Compass is available on the app. There are no allergy menus on the app, though there are two allergy friendly desserts listed. The fine print says to speak to someone for allergy concerns. You can customize milk options for the specialty coffees. Menu is also on the Disney website.

Yeah, I have found in exploring the app that it seems none of the resort QS places have their allergy menu, so until they decide it's enough of an issue to fix (as they finally did with the park QS - initially you couldn't moblie order with allergies in the parks), they will have to let us allergy kids in to order in person.

I’m so happy to see the coke freestyle machines are still here at YC! I read on here somewhere that they’d all be removed, so I was surprised just now when we went in there and saw the machines. Yayyy!

We got lucky and have a room with the huge balcony shared with a few other rooms (but doubting they’d put people in the other rooms..?).

Also, there is an in-room dining menu in our room. I’ll attach pics. Edit - never mind I see someone beat me to it

So happy to be here! We started our trip 3 nights at CR and it was really nice, but arriving here just feels so right!!

Last edited:
I’m so happy to see the coke freestyle machines are still here at YC! I read on here somewhere that they’d all be removed, so I was surprised just now when we went in there and saw the machines. Yayyy!
The Freestyle machines are being removed over in the BC Marketplace refurb that just started. The Marketplace is operating out of the Solarium at the moment.

Dave

They are doing a price protect for anyone having to move due to the resorts not being open. I never use a TA and actually ended up saving money, but if it were more for an equal room I would have gotten the room for the same price I had previously (thankfully the garden view room at BWI was more than the same at YC). It is helpful though if you don't have time to call I suppose.
BWI is not open and has no opening date. I assume you mean Boardwalk villas

Aw! I was hoping with the opening of yacht club the friendship boats would be running😢 we’ll’ be at BWV sept 12

Could anyone that is going there take a picture of the refrigerated grab-n-go area at The Market? I like to use half & half in my coffee and would love to keep some in the room fridge. Bonus would be a picture of what yogurts they have. I like to have some on those morning when I wake up really early and my breakfast reservation isn't until a few hours later.

We got lucky and have a room with the huge balcony shared with a few other rooms (but doubting they’d put people in the other rooms..?).

Wait. They have shared balconies? Strike this one from my list.

BWI is not open and has no opening date. I assume you mean Boardwalk villas
If I’m remembering this correctly, since it was written almost a month ago, I was writing about my experience of having a price protect between the cost of my BWI room and the YC room I had to move to after they announced BWI would not be reopening. I had BWI booked for Thanksgiving week, and BC booked for the last part of Christmas week, and unfortunately know all too well they aren’t reopening.

Could anyone that is going there take a picture of the refrigerated grab-n-go area at The Market? I like to use half & half in my coffee and would love to keep some in the room fridge. Bonus would be a picture of what yogurts they have. I like to have some on those morning when I wake up really early and my breakfast reservation isn't until a few hours later.
I will be there starting Thursday and would be happy to get some pictures for you, if no one else does in the meantime.

actually my experience with the shared balcony was absolutely wonderful. It was like having a huge ballroom all to myself. Granted it's over the front entrance of the resort and you hear the bus coming and going occasionally, but you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks when they are running. We can all hope that that is coming back soon!

Here a photo from when I was there.

Attachments

• IMG_20181127_065841.jpg
    IMG_20181127_065841.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 87
actually my experience with the shared balcony was absolutely wonderful. It was like having a huge ballroom all to myself. Granted it's over the front entrance of the resort and you hear the bus coming and going occasionally, but you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks when they are running. We can all hope that that is coming back soon!

Here a photo from when I was there.
Oh wow! I’d love that!

It would be my luck to get stuck with one. No thank you.

I believe they are only standard view. So if you were to book garden or lake view you wouldn't have that balcony. It's like the curve of the building where architecturally they couldn't do the single balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter