Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds that Territory Lounge’s menu will grow with storybook dining opening back up? Dh still misses Artist Point and was hoping to get some old favorites at the lounge (I can’t remember specifically what those favorites are at the moment 😆).

We are here now. How do I find out what time the boats/buses start?
I’m standing at the MK dock now and see it says it runs 1/2 half before park hours.
I thought I saw somewhere here it started an hour before?
We also wasted time going to the bus stop tonight where only the boats are going to MK.
How do I look this up before hand?

We are here now. How do I find out what time the boats/buses start?
I’m standing at the MK dock now and see it says it runs 1/2 half before park hours.
I thought I saw somewhere here it started an hour before?
We also wasted time going to the bus stop tonight where only the boats are going to MK.
How do I look this up before hand?
The boats were running sooner than 1/2 hour before park opening when we stayed there at the end of September.
edit - The resort page on the TV shows what time the resort boat starts running - which is currently listed as 1 hour before park opening.

You should be able to see the bus times on the MDE app. It will tell you what time the bus is supposed to arrive at WL and what time the bus is estimated to arrive at the parks. You can use this in reverse when you are at the park, waiting for the return bus. By looking at what time the bus is scheduled to arrive at the park, you will get a general idea of when the next bus is coming. Of course, this only works when the bus times are showing. :)

Last edited:
Today they still only have the 50th. No Christmas theme mugs.
We cannot find hardly anything Christmas themed. We also wanted a Christmas themed mug. We were disappointed because we wanted ears and a backpack. There is only 1 white Christmas themed backpack we were not interested in. There is a lot of Christmas themed t shirts and sweatshirts.

The boats were running sooner than 1/2 hour before park opening when we stayed there at the end of September. There isn't any way to know what time the boats start running as far as I know.

You should be able to see the bus times on the MDE app. It will tell you what time the bus is supposed to arrive at WL and what time the bus is estimated to arrive at the parks. You can use this in reverse when you are at the park, waiting for the return bus. By looking at what time the bus is scheduled to arrive at the park, you will get a general idea of when the next bus is coming. Of course, this only works when the bus times are showing. :)

Thank you!
The bus times never loaded this trip on the app.
I was able to see on the tv resort page that the boat was starting 1hr prior to park opening.
We got to the boat dock around 7:20. We were the first ones there.
Right around 7:25 a boat showed up. By 7:30 we were off to MK with one other person who showed up.

We cannot find hardly anything Christmas themed. We also wanted a Christmas themed mug. We were disappointed because we wanted ears and a backpack. There is only 1 white Christmas themed backpack we were not interested in. There is a lot of Christmas themed t shirts and sweatshirts.

Ive read reports of lack of merchandise before this trip and didn’t believe it.
I was also looking for Xmas ears and Xmas themed stuff to bring back to coworkers.I’m leaving with nothing for theme. Did end up with the Santa dogs dooney since I had extra money.

And where are all the mugs? Tried to find a 50th mug for my sister and an Xmas mug for me and there were no mugs anywhere.

Im leaving Disney with a $500 gift card. That never happens.

Ive read reports of lack of merchandise before this trip and didn’t believe it.
I was also looking for Xmas ears and Xmas themed stuff to bring back to coworkers.I’m leaving with nothing for theme. Did end up with the Santa dogs dooney since I had extra money.

And where are all the mugs? Tried to find a 50th mug for my sister and an Xmas mug for me and there were no mugs anywhere.

Im leaving Disney with a $500 gift card. That never happens.
I have been here since Saturday and have not gotten anything yet either. I also would of liked one of the blue 50th t shirts, the one with different shades of blue. I seen 6 or 7 of them all in an XL. That won’t fit me.

Yeah, Disney has had that notoriously bad "boats operate 30 minutes before park opening" info on a few signs/various places around for what seems like forever, much to the annoyance/confusion of guests. I noticed the 1 hour on the TV scroll sometime recently and was surprised they actually put something close to accurate in writing!

Generally speaking in my stays around the MK resorts over time the first boat is almost always around roughly an hour before park opening.

We were at CR recently, first stay since the early morning entry thing. MK opened 8am during our days with 7:30am early entry - I was usually out running early and would see the boats head out from the storage yard a little before/around 6:30am'ish, so call it roughly an hour before early entry. As always, YMMV on any given Disney day.

Here now! I just love this resort ❤. As I walked to my room I had to just stand and take in the beauty of the lobby while listening to the Christmas music playing. I cannot get my photo turned upright 🤷‍♀️View attachment 627624
And this is one of the many reasons why we have stayed at the WL more than any of the other deluxe resorts, just beautiful!

We are staying Club-Level in a deluxe room and requested rooms 4123, 5123 and 6123, 3123 and 2123. We were told they no longer exist. Are there any Deluxe rooms left which either
a) Have a shorter walk to the Club
b) Have a better view
Thank you so much!

We are staying Club-Level in a deluxe room and requested rooms 4123, 5123 and 6123, 3123 and 2123. We were told they no longer exist. Are there any Deluxe rooms left which either
b) Have a better view
Thank you so much!

If you are staying in a Deluxe room with the 2 queen beds and the sitting area with pull out sofa, those are all at the end of the hallway on the north wing, pretty much the farthest you can get from the Club. Also, none of them are on the 7th floor. For views, Rooms 5000 or 6000 may give you a fireworks view off the little balcony. The upper floors have somewhat better views over the lake.

b) Have a better view
Thank you so much!
We stayed in a deluxe room and in a nature view room right next to the deluxe rooms and all of them are at the end of the building, close to the boat dock. The higher floors have the better view. Since none of the rooms are on the same floor as the club lounge, so all of the rooms require a trip in the elevator or stairs. It is a bit of a walk to get to the lounge which makes it a little inconvenient to go to the lounge from your room.

We stayed in a deluxe room and in a nature view room right next to the deluxe rooms and all of them are at the end of the building, close to the boat dock. The higher floors have the better view. Since none of the rooms are on the same floor as the club lounge, so all of the rooms require a trip in the elevator or stairs. It is a bit of a walk to get to the lounge which makes it a little inconvenient to go to the lounge from your room.
Am I correct in thinking that it looks like the elevator is at the opposite end of the hall, based on the map I saw?

Does anyone have the December 2021 movies & activities schedule or know where I can find one? We arrive Dec 24 for 9 days (I know 😳 crowds but I want to spend one Christmas at Disney World & this is it). Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter