• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We feel the same way ... 45 days to go for us. Can't wait to checkout the new Old Faithful Club!
Lucky! I really wanted CL again. I came close to upgrading but realized if I want to stay a week in May too I better control what I spend on this trip. Hopefully we'll have a stay in the new CL soon

Is it true that you might see some fireworks from the Magic Kingdom side now that they have cut some of the trees?

I use to follow the Wilderness Lodge Fansite Page on Facebook until I realized that it was just a travel site that had multiple pages on other resorts. Then I switched to following Humphrey's Facebook page and they have a great site with constant updates, photos, videos and news. wouldn't think that it would be a CM posting there, but not sure. I'm sure if you need info on the Lodge they have it.

can i ask what is humphreys facebook page? new to here and am interested in finding out all i can on wilderness lodge.

Hoping for BR (will I ever stop thinking of it as VWL??) in December. Not sure I even would take a reservation at CCR if it was available. I just love that lobby.

Just back from a quick trip to Orlando with my DS's high school band and I'm itching to plan our next family vacation!!!

To celebrate older DS's high school graduation we stayed at AKL, so for younger DS I want to plan a trip to stay at WL! This will most likely be around Aug. 2018 before he starts college, between classes for older DS (he's in the AF but also going to school), and when DH and I can get off work. We have visited to eat several times and all four of us love the theming. I have followed this thread in the past but haven't checked on it in a while so I was surprised at all the changes going on. From what I can see there will only be non-DVC rooms on the north side of the lodge when construction is done, right?

Just wanted opinions from all you experts on here so I can start narrowing down plans and budgeting. We can get military discount on the room hopefully (should be around 40% for deluxe), will get the 4 or 5 day military park hopper ticket, and pay oop for food. We'd arrive by car around 4pm (DS has about the same drive time as us from his base), do 4-5 days in the parks sprinkled with a down day or two to enjoy the resort and Disney Springs, so 7-8 nights total. We'd done the dining plan for years but last year's trip has me convinced to do oop from now on based on getting to eat when and how much we all like to.

Although we are four adults, a suite is not necessary for room. When I was looking into staying here previously I thought we'd want a "woods view" just for the peace and quiet, so what would that equate to now?

Another thought I had but don't know quite how it would work is "club level." I never considered it before on any trip because of the dining plan, and the fact that we're usually at the parks all day. Would the food provided be worth it to pay more for the room? On one hand, we would likely use it every morning for breakfast, and certainly on non park days at other times. But how much more would it be and is it worth it? I also thought that maybe in Aug. with hotter days and longer parks hours (I think) we may come back to the resort for breaks and could snack at the lounge.

I would appreciate any opinions and experiences you all could share! This is going to be a different type of trip and I feel like I need all the help I can get planning so it will just be super relaxing when we're there. TIA!

Hi all - we just switched from POR to WL for a stay with 12 people, Oct. 14-20, 2017. Our first time staying at WL, I am so excited! We will be celebrating my twin goddaughters' 2nd birthday, plus their dad's birthday the day before theirs - so lots of friends and family coming along, including all 4 grandparents!

This will be our first trip navigating with a stroller and a scooter for one of the grandparents. We will give ourselves plenty of time to get anywhere! :-) I've been reading up on transportation - it sounds like the bus may be the easier option to MK if only one of the two boat types can take scooters. We will also be meeting up one evening with friends staying at FW, having a big group dinner at Trail's End. I'll feel more prepared once the October park hours come out, and we book our ADRs - only a few more weeks to go!

Lots of fun celebrations! I'll add your dates to the Lodgers' Log, @dreamseeker9.

Thanks for the welcome! Forgot to add our WL dates. We'll be there from May 30th to June 5th and this will be our first stay at WL.

Got it!

I found out that there will be a laundry room on the fourth floor of the Copper Creek villas building (the former south wing).

I keep hearing that they plan to be finished with construction by the opening date of July 17th

Thank you for posting these updates, @Wood Nymph.

Please remove me from the list of upcoming stays. We changed resorts. Thanks!

No problem.

Is there anywhere they play Wishes music outside at Wilderness Lodge?

Someone posted that they are playing it at Geyser Point

Also, if you have booked a Club Level room, you can also hear it on the CL lounge's balcony.

Hi all! I am new here- but super excited about all of the info I've found... so thank you all in advance! We have a trip booked 12/3-12/9 at WL- our first stay there. I saw a post a few weeks prior about staying on the north side of the resort, 4th floor or higher, for a MK fireworks view... just wondering how likely they are to accommodate these kinds of requests? Also, curious if you are able to take advantage of the free dining (if it's available during that time) at a deluxe resort? I've heard mixed answers on this...

Thanks all in advance!

:welcome: to the DIS and the thread, @Disneymama14. I'll get your dates logged.

I am so super excited! Switched our resort from AoA Little Mermaid Rooms to Wilderness Lodge Courtyard with bunk beds rooms ... also traveling with my in laws and they have their own room as well! Traveling with hubby and our daughter who will be 3.5 years old! Super excited!!!!! Going March 4-10 2018!

What a great switcheroo, @EeyoreME! I'll log your dates.

We were there in February and could hear it at the bus stop when we came back from another park.

That's interesting and I wonder if this is new. I've never been at the bus stop at WL during Wishes, @elle325 so maybe this isn't new?

I am so happy that after a two year hiatus (staying at other resorts) we are headed back to the Lodge this October! To say we are over the moon would be an understatement.

Congratulations and welcome back, @nyrebecca.

Just back from a quick trip to Orlando with my DS's high school band and I'm itching to plan our next family vacation!!!

To celebrate older DS's high school graduation we stayed at AKL, so for younger DS I want to plan a trip to stay at WL! This will most likely be around Aug. 2018 before he starts college, between classes for older DS (he's in the AF but also going to school), and when DH and I can get off work. We have visited to eat several times and all four of us love the theming. I have followed this thread in the past but haven't checked on it in a while so I was surprised at all the changes going on. From what I can see there will only be non-DVC rooms on the north side of the lodge when construction is done, right?

Just wanted opinions from all you experts on here so I can start narrowing down plans and budgeting. We can get military discount on the room hopefully (should be around 40% for deluxe), will get the 4 or 5 day military park hopper ticket, and pay oop for food. We'd arrive by car around 4pm (DS has about the same drive time as us from his base), do 4-5 days in the parks sprinkled with a down day or two to enjoy the resort and Disney Springs, so 7-8 nights total. We'd done the dining plan for years but last year's trip has me convinced to do oop from now on based on getting to eat when and how much we all like to.

Although we are four adults, a suite is not necessary for room. When I was looking into staying here previously I thought we'd want a "woods view" just for the peace and quiet, so what would that equate to now?

Another thought I had but don't know quite how it would work is "club level." I never considered it before on any trip because of the dining plan, and the fact that we're usually at the parks all day. Would the food provided be worth it to pay more for the room? On one hand, we would likely use it every morning for breakfast, and certainly on non park days at other times. But how much more would it be and is it worth it? I also thought that maybe in Aug. with hotter days and longer parks hours (I think) we may come back to the resort for breaks and could snack at the lounge.

I would appreciate any opinions and experiences you all could share! This is going to be a different type of trip and I feel like I need all the help I can get planning so it will just be super relaxing when we're there. TIA!

Military in regular standard room room will be about $200, military club will be about $370, at least that is what it is this May and may and August prices are the same just about. You mentioned deluxe and at first I thought you meant deluxe room, but maybe after reading you mean deluxe resort, either way the price for a deluxe room is not military, but if you had an AP pass it would be about $550. At the moment woods view is standard, but who knows what it will be next year. We do the dining plan and club level, but that is us, but we also do not eat everything, so we to have decided dining plan is just not for us, we pick all day long and eat one large meal, usually for lunch, so now that the kids are all older, we have decided to just pay out of pocket because we like the ability to be flexible. But we love the club because we are up very early, we can't figure out why the lounges don't open at 5 am, but we are always there for coffee at 6:30, and then a quick bite at 7:30 before we head to park, the. We come back around 1, gab some drinks and a snack, swim and have a nap. Then back for appetizers and out to the park. We have been able to ask the staff to put a little snack in our room sometimes with a few cold rinks that we eat later, but sometimes we make it back by 9:30 for a quick stop. Either way we love the convience of club level, and to us we save lots of money because we get to pick all day and only do one meal.

I know what you mean by different kind of trip. Our DGD turned 11 last year, and our girls are now 27 and 28, so we thought a few years ago, all the commando style was out, the breaks back at the resort out, and so on. But no now we have a lot of different ways but some things are not for the kids anymore, it is for us, we can't live without breaks, we are getting to old. We don't do commando, but we do 15 or 16 days and take it slow. We now do many other rec. like horseback riding and fishing, we now swim and enjoy the pools. We added two grandkids in the last few months so future will change again. But anyway you look at it, is fun because it's Disney. Good luck.

We're headed back to WL May 2-8 for our 4th visit (first time since 2013 though!) to celebrate our 20th anniversary!

We have a courtyard room booked. I'm curious what you'd think is the "best" room/floor. We had the 6th floor once and I don't care for those closed in balconies. What about the ones that face straight out toward the lake? What are those like? Quiet?

Any thoughts?

We're headed back to WL May 2-8 for our 4th visit (first time since 2013 though!) to celebrate our 20th anniversary!

We have a courtyard room booked. I'm curious what you'd think is the "best" room/floor. We had the 6th floor once and I don't care for those closed in balconies. What about the ones that face straight out toward the lake? What are those like? Quiet?

Any thoughts?

Congratulations on getting to go back to WL. One thing to note is that the enclosed balconies are only on the top floor, which is the 6th floor for the East end of the wings, but the 7th (club level) floor closer to the lobby. We prefer a high floor, so a 6th floor room closer to the lobby would have an open balcony.
The "bear face" rooms are the inner courtyard view rooms that open to the lobby. They have balconies that face East towards Bay Lake. They are relatively quiet from pool noise, but you might be able to hear noise from the lobby and WCC especially at busy meal times. They would be our first choice, but not the quietest option. There are also only a few of these rooms, and they are on the 4th and 5th floors.
Really you can't go wrong at WL. Enjoy!

We booked a CL for this Oct with the military rate (thanks Disney!) and we have 5 nights at 384.40 and one at 418.80(think it is the Sunday night). We have never done the Disney dining plan when staying CL as we take full advantage of breakfast, snacks and evening offerings. In the past (CR and GF) I have pretty much been able to make a meal from the evening snacks and DH might go down to quick service for a salad or sandwich. Staying club level for us is yes for having easy access to food, a higher level of service and generally a higher floor and better views than a std room. Hope this helps !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter