• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we stayed there last week, the morning buses to Hollywood studios, Epcot and Animal Kingdom went directly to the parks. They did not share with any resorts in the morning hours. We did not take the MK bus in the morning but it is usually direct, too.

The Disney Springs bus shared with the Contemporary and it was often filled with people using that bus to get to and from the Magic Kingdom.

The afternoon and evening buses share with another resort. The MK bus stops at the Settlement bus stop in Fort Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo traffic. The Epcot bus stops at FW and the AK and HS buses stop at the Contemporary. But all of the return trips have WL as the first stop.

We loved the buses. No resort is going to have perfect buses, but these were pretty good. :)
Reckon anyone will ever learn this?

I got a notice from WL about the construction etc, that states "The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting."

Does this mean we are allowed to use the Pool at Contemporary? Or just the other resort activities?

I know the no pool hopping rule unless allowed by resort or at sister resorts so I was confused. *totally new to this disney resort thing!*

I don't think the pool hopping rules will be affected as the main pool at WL, Silver Springs, is still open. The hidden springs pool was quite small and usually fairly quiet in my experience.

I personally like to boat back to the resort, but we always take the bus to the park because it's faster than the boat.
This is our plan for June. Bus to in the AM, boat for breaks and end of night, for the most part.

We will have our car so we plan to drive to the other parks.

We go with the boat going from MK to WL most often if for no reason other than it's a shorter walk. Depending on room location, the boat dock can be shorter or longer than the bus stop at the resort but by then at least we've had a nice seat on the boat while riding over.

I got a notice from WL about the construction etc, that states "The leisure pool, Hidden Springs Pool, at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, will be closed for enhancement along with the beach, marina and playground. During this time, Silver Creek Springs Pool, the feature pool, will remain open for your use and alternative recreation activities at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Contemporary Resort will also be available to you. Boat transportation to Magic Kingdom® Park will continue to be provided, weather permitting."

Does this mean we are allowed to use the Pool at Contemporary? Or just the other resort activities?

I know the no pool hopping rule unless allowed by resort or at sister resorts so I was confused. *totally new to this disney resort thing!*

I'm not sure there would be a need to allow WL guests to use a different pool since the feature pool is still open.

Well, see here is the thing....

The good news is there is only so much they can do at WL, and they have already done a lot of it :-)

The bad news is they could always come up with something new !

In 2014, we booked before construction was announced and then voila, they were doing construction. The feature pool was closed. We still stayed there, but were offered compensation by Disney.

But we booked again for 2015, excited to be again at a constructionless WL.

Yep, you guessed it. They then announced more construction. No compensation this time, but we love WL so much we still stayed there anyway.

We are now booked for December 2017. We booked knowing CCV was being built. We are hopeful everything will be done by the time we visit (it looks like it will be done in June or July, with CCV opening in July).

BUT, given our track record part of me is just waiting for them to announce something *else* !!!

SW
Any idea when Roaring fork will re-open?

We are headed to WL next month! Question: since Roaring Fork is closed, is there anywher at WL for me to get chicken nuggets quick service?

Someone earlier mentioned that there was a pastry case that you could use snack credits on in the Mercantile can anybody confirm whats in the case and if you can use that snack credit??? A photo would be great! Anyone there now????

Someone earlier mentioned that there was a pastry case that you could use snack credits on in the Mercantile can anybody confirm whats in the case and if you can use that snack credit??? A photo would be great! Anyone there now????
My husband bought a cupcake from that case. There were brownies and Magic Cookie bars in there, too. This was two weeks ago.

Hi all! I have a quick question I was hoping you could help me with. I want to make sure my info is up to date as to what I've read online.

If I had dinner at WL and then wanted to take a disney bus to Fort Wilderness, is that possible? And does it drop you off fairly close to the Tri Circle D Ranch? I have some difficulty walking long distances, so I'm hoping this is the case!

Hi all! I have a quick question I was hoping you could help me with. I want to make sure my info is up to date as to what I've read online.

If I had dinner at WL and then wanted to take a disney bus to Fort Wilderness, is that possible? And does it drop you off fairly close to the Tri Circle D Ranch? I have some difficulty walking long distances, so I'm hoping this is the case!

If you are going over to see the horses that pull the Wagon's or to do a carriage or Wagon ride the bus from WL drops you off very close to that. If you were going over to do a trail ride you would transfer from that spot onto an internal bus that would drop you off very close to the stables.

If you are going over to see the horses that pull the Wagon's or to do a carriage or Wagon ride the bus from WL drops you off very close to that. If you were going over to do a trail ride you would transfer from that spot onto an internal bus that would drop you off very close to the stables.
We would be heading over to see the Headless Horseman event that is happening this Halloween :)

The MK bus goes to the Settlement stop at Fort Wilderness during the dinner hours, before heading back to MK. Just be sure to check with the bus driver to make sure that is where he is headed before you board the bus. We also saw a lot of FW buses stop at WL during the day while we were there last month. No one ever got on or off of them, but they ran them anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter