• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a serial moaner about the Roaring Fork's menu and lack of seating etc. I have to say I am now seriously hoping that it will be back open in time for us arriving 13th July. Until reading all the posts regarding it, I didn't realize just how much we took it for granted. We always requested a room on the north side (not that we have any choice now!) and RF was very handy for morning coffee and snacks etc. I still wont use it much for dining unless they have a menu change, but hopefully it will be back open!

I have an elevator question I am hoping someone can answer. I realize that the south wing construction may end up changing this, but assuming they keep the halls and elevator access the same:

(pre-construction) there are three elevators in the lobby area, near to the Mercantile store. Do these elevators allow access to the south wing (ie not just to the lobby view rooms) ??

The reason I am asking: Our last stay at WL we were in a courtyard view room (facing the villas) in the south wing, on the 2nd floor (same level as the lobby). To enter that room area, you come through an entrance that is off the hall that goes from the lobby to the covered walkway to the villas and the buses. The problem is, the designated smoking area is just outside the exterior door there and the smoke drifts inside -- at different times in the day it is worse than others. So, that hallway from the lobby would be smoke-filled [sometime as far as the totem pole in front of the mercantile, though usually not quite that far], as would the first stretch of the hallway to the rooms. We would have to hold our breath and walk quickly to get far enough down the rooms hall that the infiltrating smoke was not a problem. I would like to avoid this issue with our next stay, and because we are thinking of CCV, would like to know about elevator access to higher floors. I realize most people probably wouldn't even notice the issue, but as someone highly sensitive to smoke we did and it detracted from our stay.

Thank you !

SW

Hello, I can help with a bit of a description of what the lobby elevators accessed prior to the construction. They do allow access to the entire wing for each floor. The 3rd floor is much like the 2nd, where the only rooms are East of the hallway that leads to the buses. On the 4th floor and above, you can access all rooms from the lobby elevators, because they connect to the rooms that open to the lobby and the hallways to both wings connect up as well, so you can access either wing from the 4th floor or above.

Now with the construction, we are not sure when the lobby elevators will reopen. We do know that the rooms in the South wing will now be villas, and we don't know if the hallway connections will be the same, but I don't have any reason to think that they will change. For a regular WL room, you will be in the North Wing, but once the lobby elevators reopens they will be very handy to access rooms on the 4th floor or higher. I hope that helps, and happy planning.

We have a standard room booked for the beginning of April. Does anyone know where we might be located? I'm debating about upgrading to a Courtyard view instead. I'm not worried about the actual construction-just worried about how far away we will be from elevators and dining...

There's a map here in the thread that shows the only rooms open at this time. It's the North Wing. The Standard Rooms have views facing towards CR and MK, with many rooms having TPV views as good as those at CR. The best thing to us is the placement of the elevators puts you in the center of the wing so even the furthest rooms are still not a bad walk to the elevators. Compared to how very far they are from the lobby elevators.

I think the map has been reposted only a few pages back

Found it for you

We stayed in 5006 not long ago and that room had great views of MK. I requested it again for next month. I prefer those rooms over the more expensive Courtyard views personally. So I'm hoping we do not get any upgrades

Realize the elevators aren't clear here, in case you aren't aware of where they are. They are positioned by those two boxes with X's (I thought they were those boxes but I could have sworn they are opposite of those)
upload_2017-3-2_10-11-39-png.223199

Last edited:

Elevators are the two blue X's. (If you remember that the rooms start above the walkway from the lobby down to those elevators I think it makes more sense.

I can't recall ....when looking at the map, which rooms would be club level rooms if you were on the 7th floor?

We have our first stay at Boulder Ridge April 24 - 27 and just received the "construction" email about Roaring Forks and the leisure pool closing. I'm looking forward to trying Geyser Point! It also says the jogging path is open. Has that been moved? I'm not sure I'll use it after running in the Dark Side but just in case it would be nice to know!

Thanks.

I thought the 7th floor was only around the lobby. Not been CL personally so cant confirm

I thought the 7th floor was only around the lobby. Not been CL personally so cant confirm
We've stayed CL and we were on the same floor as the lounge and we were not around the lobby. So whatever floor it is on, it was all the rooms. Truthfully, I can't recall now what the floor number was, just that our room and the lounge were on the same floor

Found this map, though it's old in that the rooms on the South side are gone and the lounge moved. The floors the same though. The bulk of the rooms are actually overlooking the courtyard or woods, not the lobby. We were in 051, overlooking the pool/waterfall. So it is all of them but the entire floor doesn't have rooms, if that makes sense.
WL7thfloor.jpg

Last edited:
Ah right - that makes sense. I just knew that the final end part of the wings only went up to 6 as we once had a 6th floor woods view on the south wing and we were on the highest floor at that part.

So I just spoke to Guest Services in regards to Territory Lounge breakfast offerings and she called the resort and was told you can NOT use snack credits on the pastries at Territory Lounge during breakfast as you could at RF. Can anyone confirm their experience this week? I read you could on another forum. This makes me super sad as we usually eat those pastries for breakfast and use our snack credits for breakfast and we do not want to wait till we get to the park to eat =(
We'll be at the WL in 9 days and I'll report back about the dining credits. :)

Hello, I can help with a bit of a description of what the lobby elevators accessed prior to the construction. They do allow access to the entire wing for each floor. The 3rd floor is much like the 2nd, where the only rooms are East of the hallway that leads to the buses. On the 4th floor and above, you can access all rooms from the lobby elevators, because they connect to the rooms that open to the lobby and the hallways to both wings connect up as well, so you can access either wing from the 4th floor or above.

Now with the construction, we are not sure when the lobby elevators will reopen. We do know that the rooms in the South wing will now be villas, and we don't know if the hallway connections will be the same, but I don't have any reason to think that they will change. For a regular WL room, you will be in the North Wing, but once the lobby elevators reopens they will be very handy to access rooms on the 4th floor or higher. I hope that helps, and happy planning.

Thank you very much !!

SW

Does anyone else think a hair salon at this location by the pool is just a little coo-koo:yo-yo: for a new doo ?? This gets filed in the "What were you thinking, or were you not?" pile. :bored:
I kind of agree, however I wouldn't mind getting a pedicure by the pool/lake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter