• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KathyTN - Hi! I just stayed in a Deluxe Room back in November, just after the new CL lounge opened. I posted extensively about our room and the new lounge on the CL thread... if you look for posts from me around 11/28/16 you'll find a lot of pics. My posts weren't in order, they were over several days.

This kind of stuff is very subjective and just one family's opinion, but I'll be honest, the Deluxe Rooms weren't our favorite. We were two adults, one child and one in a crib and we felt we were on top of each other the whole time. The room felt much smaller than I expected, the big/clunky lodge-type furniture doesn't help.

BUT, it does provide the two living spaces you want, so that's a big plus.

@GrandCalifornian has given you some good advice above. The Deluxe Rooms are on floors 1-6 at the end of the north wing. The CL lounge is on the 7th floor. My room was on the third floor. The average walk from room to lounge was 2:40. I had a general idea of the walk before going so I knew what I was getting into. In practice, we didn't really like being that far from the lounge. Not the end of the world, but not that convenient either.

The views are towards Bay Lake but there are lots of tall trees in between the building and lake. The view is beautiful but it's more trees than lake. As @GrandCalifornian said, you'll know when the boat is coming and going. You'll also know the geyser schedule by heart after the first day.

I found construction a total non-issue in November. The only minor nit was with the lobby elevator bank being closed - it'd be much easier to get from lobby to CL lounge if they were running.

Note the regular resort rooms (including the Deluxe Rooms) are not part of the current construction. The construction is on the south wing which is being converted to DVC. Not sure when the resort rooms were last updated? Our Deluxe Room was in great shape with a nice rustic decor. Some people say it's dark but I kinda like it.

Despite the bit of negative tone about the room above, we enjoyed out stay and really loved the new CL lounge. It is a GREAT space and had arguably the best food offerings we've had in our CL travels to date.

Happy to answer any questions. Enjoy planning!

Hi everyone! We're checking in WL on 2/12. I've never been there this time of year so I was wondering if someone could give me some idea of what the weather will be like. We're in PA so it's cold and snowy. We're also driving so I'm a little concerned about the trip until we get through the mountains but I'll still get there!!! Also, can you tell me what is closed because of the construction. I heard RF was closed so does that mean no QS? Also we're CL for the first time but I think the OF lounge has reopened. This will be our 3rd trip to WL but the first at CL. Looking forward to it!!!!

Hi everyone! We're checking in WL on 2/12. I've never been there this time of year so I was wondering if someone could give me some idea of what the weather will be like. We're in PA so it's cold and snowy. We're also driving so I'm a little concerned about the trip until we get through the mountains but I'll still get there!!! Also, can you tell me what is closed because of the construction. I heard RF was closed so does that mean no QS? Also we're CL for the first time but I think the OF lounge has reopened. This will be our 3rd trip to WL but the first at CL. Looking forward to it!!!!

Disney has been telling people that Geyser Point will be open for QS at this time.I'll be there from teh 4th-11th so im curious to see...

Has anyone heard what this Geyser Point QS will be like or where it is located? When I called to ask, the CM had no clue because it had not shown up on her computer as an option yet. As far as I can tell, it will be open when we are there mid-March.

just wanted to let everyone know that we just returned from a stay at WL in a deluxe room and we really liked it. There was a lot of extra room to put our stuff since there was four of us. We were on the second floor and it was a little bit of a trek to the lounge, but nothing so crazy. The room was very quiet since it was the last one in the hallway. They did clean our room very late each day, like around 3pm which was an annoyance because my dd and her bf would want to go back to relax by then. Our room didn't end up being cleaned one day because they were in there so the maid just left clean towels and took the trash. She was probably psyched not to have to clean it. :thumbsup2:rotfl: The lounge had really good apps, three casseroles and two platters with cold things usually in mason jars. We would stay there again.

Generally speaking, the weather tends to be in the low 50s at night and mid-70s during the day. Naturally, a storm system can bring in cooler temps. As for QS, either Roaring Fork or the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill (GP) will be open. The timing is still a bit iffy on when the former will close for refurb and the latter open for business, but you'll have something. Further, Territory Lounge is open for coffee and pastries, so that could be an option, as well.

Has anyone heard what this Geyser Point QS will be like or where it is located? When I called to ask, the CM had no clue because it had not shown up on her computer as an option yet. As far as I can tell, it will be open when we are there mid-March.
GP is located where the beach used to be, behind Trout Pass Bar, conveniently located between the main pool and the new quiet pool being built nearer the classic Villas. Trust me, you can't miss it. It should definitely be open when you are there. As for the type restaurant, it's been called in various articles across a spectrum of sites both a TS and a QS. My educated guess is that it will have burgers, chicken, sandwiches, and fried foods at a minimum. :rotfl:Oh, and drinks, both alcoholic and non. ;)

Generally speaking, the weather tends to be in the low 50s at night and mid-70s during the day. Naturally, a storm system can bring in cooler temps. As for QS, either Roaring Fork or the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill (GP) will be open. The timing is still a bit iffy on when the former will close for refurb and the latter open for business, but you'll have something. Further, Territory Lounge is open for coffee and pastries, so that could be an option, as well.

GP is located where the beach used to be, behind Trout Pass Bar, conveniently located between the main pool and the new quiet pool being built nearer the classic Villas. Trust me, you can't miss it. It should definitely be open when you are there. As for the type restaurant, it's been called in various articles across a spectrum of sites both a TS and a QS. My educated guess is that it will have burgers, chicken, sandwiches, and fried foods at a minimum. :rotfl:Oh, and drinks, both alcoholic and non. ;)
Thanks for your response! I had no idea where it would be, and apparently, neither did the CM I spoke with.

Fellow PA person here - weather can be anything from high 70's during the day to low 50's at night. I tend to pack Capri pants and tshirts for the day but take a jacket for the evenings. My kids wear shorts the whole time - but like to complain at night when they're cold lol. Unfortunately you'll need to pack for warm and chilly. As for driving, once you clear Virginia you should be ok. Just be mindful what time you'll be going around D.C. and Richmond. Try to avoid those areas around work commute times. After that you should be fine.

We check in late on the 14th. If it's chilly and you only see a few crazy people in the pool - it's probably us. So come say hi!!

Have a great trip! - Heather

Back from our short trip to the World. Totally enjoyed our stay at the Wilderness Lodge - we are ready to go back! Here is our view from the room (6052); it is a zoomed in view. We had a perfect view of the fireworks to the right of the trees! Construction noise did not really impact us as we were gone during the day enjoying our park time.
WL MK.JPG

I'm trying to use touring plans to request a room. I thought the rooms that faced the magic kingdom were rooms X035, X037, X039, X041, X023, X025, X027, X029, X067, X069, X071, X073, X075, X077, or X079. But seeing the photos above of room 6052, I'm now really confused. Can someone give me a list of rooms that face the MK? Also, what rooms are currently closed?

Thank you!

Hi there...we just booked a courtyard view room at the WL for 4/5 to 4/10, then saw the notice about construction. I'm wondering why the CM I booked with didn't mention this, but too late now. My husband is concerned that the resort will be full of construction walls and closed areas and he wants to move. I want to stay, so need some updates please:
Will the main pool be open then?
Any restaurant closures?
How much of the property is behind giant walls?

Thanks, appreciate any info you can give.

Linda

I'm trying to use touring plans to request a room. I thought the rooms that faced the magic kingdom were rooms X035, X037, X039, X041, X023, X025, X027, X029, X067, X069, X071, X073, X075, X077, or X079. But seeing the photos above of room 6052, I'm now really confused. Can someone give me a list of rooms that face the MK? Also, what rooms are currently closed?

Thank you!

The rooms you mentioned are the courtyard rooms that face Bay Lake. On touring plans the bottom half of the building map is closed (it looks roughly like a "C" on that map and the bottoms half is being converted to DVC).

For a castle/contemporary resort/monorail view try xx04-xx66 which I believe are all "standard" views at the moment. It is the top half of the top wing (non courtyard) rooms on the touring plans map.

I've oriented the WL on the attached map (very bottom of the below map) the same direction touring plans has their room map. From this illustration you can see that the MK is directly "above" those north wing rooms at the top of the "c". The courtyard facing rooms look out at Bay Lake and not toward MK.

Hope that helps!

IMG_6442.PNG

Anyone know how,long roaring forks is going to be closed for? Thinking of switching hotels due to that. That is a big issue when I'm on the dining plan and I need quick service once a day.

Question I'll ask here and see if anyone knows. It is important for me to book into the right room category, I don't care at all about the view, just the room category to get what I need. I am legally blind, and have a guide dog. I could do an upstairs room, but prefer to have ground level, just encase she wants to potty after 10 or at 4 am when we usually go potty because that is what time I wake up for work. So at 4 am to just open a slider and go out to potty is great, if I had to go thru hotel I would feel the need to shorter and dress at 4 am.

So, I booked for now a standard room ground level. First there does not seem to be many, maybe 8. So I looked and find it says on touring plan, that the rooms, opposite the pool down near the docks are woods view. I look at WL and find no wood views that you can reserve. I can do a king bed, or two queens, I think I'm going alone but may have my dad, but she won't mind sleeping in the same bed it King, so I could pick king bed which would be the two end rooms down near the docks, but on touring they say garden view, you can't book garden view king beds. So now I am so confused. Disney is usually really good, and last year at VWL we had a perfect room and will ask again for the same room this time over there, but we are going 16 days so I have 5 at WL, 6 at BRV, and 4 at WL.

What room category would give me the best chance of a ground floor?
Can anyone tell me if ground floor standard have a sliding door out?
If they don't

My hubby is blind. They would not allow us to write that on the reservation due to privacy (If you wanted to for accommodations)...if anyone knows if this has changed, please let us know.

Second floor should be the same floor as the lobby (but not as the floor to exit the room to the outside ?) but not sure about the sliding door.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting about your stay. I hope you get to book WL again soon.

You're welcome, Doug and happy planning.

Thanks for the closure confirmation:)

I'd be happy to add your dates to the Lodgers' Log in POST 1.

Given your unique situation, I don't see why you wouldn't receive your ground floor request no matter what category you book. Make sure that the CM adds your ground floor request and that you're legally blind to your reservation. I would also have your service dog added to your reservation so that the CM knows better why you're making the ground floor request. I would think this would ensure your request is met. Also, make sure to confirm this upon check-in.

As far as booking an HA room, I would think there are pluses and minuses to that since you are sight and not hearing impaired. I think your most important requirement is a ground floor room and I don't know how HA rooms are distributed throughout the floors. Also, if you have 3 separate reservations, make sure the CM also adds "continuing reservation" to your record. The Room Assignor may pay closer attention to your ground floor request as it applies to each reservation.

- double post-

Last edited:
Anyone know how,long roaring forks is going to be closed for? Thinking of switching hotels due to that. That is a big issue when I'm on the dining plan and I need quick service once a day.
According to Disney Dining Geyser Point will be a quick service dining location and the one time I called they told me RF is opening back on Apr 1, the other time I called they said mid-May. And in an email I received they told me that there has no opening date been set :-(. I will be there starting Apr 30 so i hope it is open by then. But I doubt it.

The link above mentions the "Quick Service Walk-up window". This suggest to me that it will be both TS and QS. Maybe with the TS part opening at a later date.

(Of course - it may just be a Bar and QS - but still hoping for a new TS option at the lodge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter