Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the room request screenshot but can't seem to quote it here...if we have a bunk bed room, any suggestions on which floor might be best?

Are there any signs of Christmas at the lodge yet?

I'm having second thoughts about my stay next week :( I picked next week because I thought there would be a somewhat lower level of crowdedness in the parks as opposed to the first week of December (wouldn't dare try Thanksgiving) but now I'm not so sure that's even the case...and I have a feeling I will be missing out on the tree by a couple of days. I've written this before but it looks like the tree and decor went up fairly early many years ago but the last 2 years has gone up the Sunday night/monday morning of Thanksgiving week.

Is it even possible to change a reservation to a later date this far down the road?

Last edited:
Generally speaking, the decorations start going up about the time F&W ends, but the trees are among the last things to go up. I think there will be quite a bit of decorations up next week (maybe already), but I wouldn't count on the tree. As for too late to change a reservation, I'd say definitely "yes." I doubt there will be anything more than a day here or there at various resorts this late in the game.

Are there any signs of Christmas at the lodge yet?

I'm having second thoughts about my stay next week :( I picked next week because I thought there would be a somewhat lower level of crowdedness in the parks as opposed to the first week of December (wouldn't dare try Thanksgiving) but now I'm not so sure that's even the case...and I have a feeling I will be missing out on the tree by a couple of days. I've written this before but it looks like the tree and decor went up fairly early many years ago but the last 2 years has gone up the Sunday night/monday morning of Thanksgiving week.

Is it even possible to change a reservation to a later date this far down the road?

It's nearly impossible to guess when the Tree will go up. All of the Deluxe resorts are in a lottery to determine their decorating/tree construction order. Once the lottery is completed, they do not publish the order. So you cannot go by past years timeframes as they can be different every year. The only thing you can guarantee is that they will all be completed by the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend.

I hope the lodge wins an early date. Is it possible with the construction and with part of the resort closed that it might not be part of the lottery and put lower on the list though? I know we will have a good time even if it's not up but it will be hard to not be a little disappointed. It is my fault for booking the trip mid November though. I am putting way too much importance on the tree because of a very good memory of sitting under it with my mom really late at night after the worst and scariest car trip ever to Disney. I spend way too much time trying to recreate good moments from old Disney trips instead of letting new ones happen.

Last edited:
Hi all! Contemplating a deluxe room stay for 5 of us. Question, how is the queen pullout sofa? It would be for an adult in our crew. Staying at AofA a couple years ago, the sofa bed was crazy comfortable with memory foam. Hoping there's a chance that other resorts sofa beds were upgraded? Thank you in advance!

:rolleyes1:earsboy:Hi everyone....just back from The Wilderness Lodge. It is NOT decorated for Christmas at all and was told by a CM they would not be doing so until the week before Thanksgiving....so I suppose next week is fair game. We stayed on Club Level....my very favorite room is now the temporary concierge lounge, which was surreal to visualize. We could see directly through the south wing, and honestly they told us it would not be complete until 2018 and I believe them. From what we could see the Presidental Suite was stuffed with huge insulation rolls, and no walls were to be seen up, some wall supports but lots of lights on and men working. I also was told that the south 7th floor would no longer be Concierge but also DVC. So when one gets off the elevator on 7, there is to be another door to access the north wing club level and lounge. The walls were down mostly around the NEW Old Faithful and when we went up the back stairs we could about see the opening ....access from 7 still blocked off with a door/wall. Was told they were shooting for being open by Thanksgiving! And that it has a bathroom and is very large, I take it the tables will all be inside. It was ok in the Yellowstone Suite but the food offerings were lesser as I had read, but it was nice the lobby music was coming through in there. No longer USA today delivered to door but now Wall Street Journal, New York Times and other papers in the lounge. it was rather anti climatic to have to use back elevator but it wasn't busy ever so that was nice. There is noisy day construction across from the roaring fork.....they are ripping out cement with jackhammers to create a new seating area with an overhang so more people will be encouraged to eat outdoors even in the summer temps. We had excellent service from all Cast Members....and our room was the cleanest I have ever seen....I suspect the rooms got a new paint job in the past 3 years as it looked quite fresh. Mousekeeping was great. I speculate it will be harder to obtain a club level room in the future so advanced planning recommended.princess: That and likely less rooms available for discounts.....:rolleyes1 We still love our lodge....

They were filming for the Christmas Special in the MK Weds, Thurs, and Friday. The parks were very busy so glad I went to a party and had a more relaxing evening crowd wise.....those Pandora fireworks viewing spots were wonderful to sit and see the fireworks!!! I even finally purchased my first Pandora Disney bracelet with my reward points leftover and the additional 10% off was nice when you use your Disney Visa or Rewards card. :tinker::D

OH yes and this past week was the New Jersey week, with teachers conventions etc.....I had read it was first week in November but alas, NJ peeps confirmed it was the second and with crowd levels I believe them!

I speculate it will be harder to obtain a club level room in the future so advanced planning recommended.princess: That and likely less rooms available for discounts.....:rolleyes1 We still love our lodge....
. :tinker::D
I'm glad I booked March with the passholder discount when I did!

Thanks for the input "tink"!

Thanks for the update, Tink. I'm not at all surprised that the south wing won't be finished until 2018. I wonder if they are going to add any other rooms in the north wing to the club level inventory. It seems like they did a lot of work creating a new Old Faithful Club for a relatively small number of rooms.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Tink. I'm not at all surprised that the south wing won't be finished until 2018. I wonder if they are going to adding any other rooms in the north wing to the club level inventory. It seems like they did a lot of work creating a new Old Faithful Club for a relatively small number of rooms.

That's a good point Sue....had not thought on that...was just pondering if the price would increase to support? The fact that the regular rooms are halved as well makes it hard to figure....they did in fact place peeps on 5th floor with club access the past months, would make more sense to make the 6th floor accessible. OR they could just grant random magicband access as needed to meet their quota....? Time will tell....

You know I have thought of the random rooms not on the 7th floor for cl .

I didn't request "be on the 7th floor" because I see it as this:

you get a nicer balcony if not on 7th floor

Or, you get convenience of being on same floor as the lounge.

Each to me is equally important so I am winging it for now.

:earsboy:Well my "value" on being on the 7th floor follows thus......many years ago DH fulfilled my fondest wish, to be ON SITE and at the WL vs his bargain ventures of prior years....Kissimee etc. Well he booked with AAA and lo and behold we were placed above the front desk....I did not sleep for 3 nights til they were able to move us. I heard banging all night from above, next door, below? I think there are conference rooms or storage areas below and my neighbor had late hours. Anyhow I figured on the 7th I would have no one above and asked for a quiet room, they recommended the end of the hall no one above, no one on one side and less traffic as most peeps go towards the main elevators. I was in heaven....and quite content since. That said, I would consider another floor in the future to save money if I could not afford CL that year.....just to be there!

Thanks for letting us know what's going on at the lodge Tink. When I called and asked if the tree would be up by the 20th, they said no. Maybe they mean the days just before Thanksgiving? I guess we will find out. I changed our trip for the week after Thanksgiving...I felt really silly about this but I wasn't feeling well either so I think it was for the best. I felt lucky that a couple of nights became available. I'm still trying to get 1 more night but haven't been able to so far. I hope the jack hammering you talked about gets done soon.

Hi WL folks! Just finalized plans for a last-minute short trip, Deluxe CL Room, 11/25-11/28. It's been a few years since we stayed at WL and we're really looking forward to staying there again (despite the construction) and checking out the holiday decor.

Thank you to everyone who keeps this thread updated with the latest, particularly the construction updates!

Thanks for letting us know what's going on at the lodge Tink. When I called and asked if the tree would be up by the 20th, they said no. Maybe they mean the days just before Thanksgiving? I guess we will find out. I changed our trip for the week after Thanksgiving...I felt really silly about this but I wasn't feeling well either so I think it was for the best. I felt lucky that a couple of nights became available. I'm still trying to get 1 more night but haven't been able to so far. I hope the jack hammering you talked about gets done soon.
Ah man...we've wanted to stay at WL since our first trip, finally do it, and the tree won't be up?? :( Hope it magically appears one morning while we're there. Otherwise I'm back to the drawing board for my Christmas card pic :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter