• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just rebooked Feb 4-10 standard view and just like that, CV rooms are gone even at RR for Feb 2- 5 check in dates (we were debating upgrading )...

Anyone have pics of the "new" standard views since the woods view is gone ? I hear you can see fireworks?

We are another Jersey family that will be at the Lodge that week.

My hubby and I were there mid-July. Booked Standard View, and faxed in request for 6th floor, MK view so we could watch fireworks from our balcony and boy did they deliver! We were placed in room 6028 and I felt like we won the lottery - getting a Magic Kingdom Theme Park View for a Standard Room Rate - that'll probably never happen again! What a great birthday present for me (in addition to getting to go to WDW). My only "disappointment" was that one tall tree that they didn't cut down that blocked us from a better view of the castle. lol Here are our balcony views - - -

Are the picture from the WL? Imwas trying to figure out where in the lodge, you room was.

Are the picture from the WL? Imwas trying to figure out where in the lodge, you room was.

The great pictures that @disneylover81 posted are from a room on the North side of the North wing of WL, room 6028. These rooms were formerly classified as woods view, but with the lack of a woods view category (likely due to the lack of woods below them) now standard view is the only bookable category for them. Once the construction is over many of us expect there to be a new view category for these rooms that will have a higher price than standard view.

I love those pictures because while some look at them and see construction near the lodge, many see it as a worthwhile trade for the view of MK. There is something good about everything, especially at WL.

Hi!
DH and I are booked in a Standard View Club level room for one night before our Disney Dream cruise September 8th. We are attending MNSSHP that evening. We plan to head into MK around 6:30.
My question is - since we are without the kids - are there any standard club rooms with King beds? Would I fax a request or is the online request check in system sufficient?
Thank you!

Hi!
DH and I are booked in a Standard View Club level room for one night before our Disney Dream cruise September 8th. We are attending MNSSHP that evening. We plan to head into MK around 6:30.
My question is - since we are without the kids - are there any standard club rooms with King beds? Would I fax a request or is the online request check in system sufficient?
Thank you!
Since you are staying club level than you would contact the IPO and put your request in with them. If the IPO haven't emailed you yet, welcoming you to the ladge, etc, then I would go ahead and email them first.

Walt Disney World Itinerary Planning Office

Phone: (407) 934-5348

Fax: (407) 824-3174

Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Hi!
Thank you!
Congratulations, that should be a nice pre-cruise stay. There are few King bed club level rooms, but they do tend to be handicapped accessible, so if you really want a tub you might not want to request one. As for room requests, we always call the reservation number and have them noted on our reservation. Online check in should work too, but we like having consistent requests both places.

ETA: Ahh Club Level, it is nice to have the IPO to handle such things. Great point @woodnymph

Back at the Lodge for June 2017! We had a meal at Whispering Canyon with the kids in March and they fell in love with the place like my spouse and I did for our anniversary trip, so Eldest and I will be there from 6/12 to 6/20 in a standard view and are really, really looking forward to it! I'm hoping to have more time to explore the resort than I did last September. Even with the ongoing work!

Since you are staying club level than you would contact the IPO and put your request in with them. If the IPO haven't emailed you yet, welcoming you to the ladge, etc, then I would go ahead and email them first.

Walt Disney World Itinerary Planning Office

Phone: (407) 934-5348

Fax: (407) 824-3174

Wilderness.Lodge.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

Thank you! I didn't know they were handicapped accessible and I would not want to take that away from someone so I think I will go ahead and just leave it as is and not worry about a king bed :-).

Congratulations, that should be a nice pre-cruise stay. There are few King bed club level rooms, but they do tend to be handicapped accessible, so if you really want a tub you might not want to request one. As for room requests, we always call the reservation number and have them noted on our reservation. Online check in should work too, but we like having consistent requests both places.

ETA: Ahh Club Level, it is nice to have the IPO to handle such things. Great point @woodnymph

Thank you! I am excited about the stay! It started when I accidentally dropped my Wilderness mug and it broke and broke my heart (I have a mug problem). So dh suggested we stay at Wilderness before our cruise to replace the mug and then it just happened that there was a MNSSHP event happening so why not? and guess what there just happened to be a good rate for club level so why not? See how this all happens? I may be feeling a bit bad about leaving the kids home but then again maybe not since we have a two week vacation planned for November which includes Disney, Vero Beach, and a cruise on the Fantasy.

The rooms have no scent that I can tell ( I have asthma so fragrances are out for me). You can always request a medical cleaning ( I think that's what it's called) so they don't use any cleaning products with scents. They do have to use bleach but that is a good thing!

Okay. Thank you!:flower:

The great pictures that @disneylover81 posted are from a room on the North side of the North wing of WL, room 6028. These rooms were formerly classified as woods view, but with the lack of a woods view category (likely due to the lack of woods below them) now standard view is the only bookable category for them. Once the construction is over many of us expect there to be a new view category for these rooms that will have a higher price than standard view.

I love those pictures because while some look at them and see construction near the lodge, many see it as a worthwhile trade for the view of MK. There is something good about everything, especially at WL.

You are exactly right! I wasn't bothered one bit by the construction - all I could see was that awesome view of the MK and it was all I wanted to see from my balcony. We arrived there at 8:30 am and of course our room wasn't ready, so we went to the Animal Kingdom for a while, then went back to Wilderness Lodge around 2:00 and our room still wasn't ready. The sweet CM offered us a room on the 4th floor that was ready, but I happily told her I would wait all night for my perfect room on the 6th Floor!! She laughed and said it wouldn't be too much longer and that we wouldn't have to wait all night and they would send me a text as soon as it was ready and within 20 minutes we got that text and I couldn't get to the elevator fast enough! :tongue: I ran straight for the balcony and just stood there staring in pure amazement and happiness at the view I'd been waiting for, well except for the one tall castle-blocking tree that stood out like a sore thumb!

This was our first stay at WL, or any Deluxe and we were super impressed. Deluxe Resorts have never been in our budget before and probably wouldn't have been this time, but with the PIN Offer I got from WDW, it was only $200 more than POR so I said what the heck? It's my birthday and I am worth that extra $200! We always do moderates, which have worked out great for us, and I flat out refuse to stay in a Value (maybe I would make an exception for an AoA Family Suite, just to have the space and second bathroom, but then again, maybe not). Now I am afraid I am spoiled and must do deluxe from now on . . . my poor hubby! He's gonna have to take on a second job to pay for my new level of spoiled-ness! It's worth it though - in my opinion! One CM suggested we stay at AKL one day because the savanna view is surreal, but I don't know - I want to be as near to MK as I can be, as that's where we spend the most of our time! That boat ride there was amazing and so convenient from WL. I would love to stay in a monorail resort next time . . . how awesome that must be! I am already saving up my pennies for my next WDW vacation. My daughter is convinced we are going back next year, so I guess my hubby will definitely need to get that second job . . . :earboy2:

Well, we are checked in,but our favorite room,I suspect,is being used as the CM Lounge,as it is next to the temporary OFC. The new OFC will be located back in the area of the old OFC,but on a much grander,nicer scale,or so we're told.
I didn't bother to take pics of the lobby,because it hasn't changed from the last lobby pics that were taken. But I did take pics of the OFC. I like having before and after pics. I'll just put these next to the ones of the former Club Lounge,ending with the new Lounge next year. This is actually our second day at WDW,since we spent yesterday at Epcot and Disney Springs,while staying at the Radisson down the road. I'll do a trip report on our last two days so far in a separate post. As you can see with the first photo, The rooms across from us are totally empty. We can see through them to the other side. For the OFC, the coffee and tea are set up in the hall. I didn't get a close up of the food because we showed up late and most of the plates were empty. But there were about 8 different offerings available. The chef is standing off to the right. She stopped by to see how things were going,get opinions,etc. the wine and beer are available,but you have to ask for it. There is always a CM in the room,sometimes two,so you can have what you want immediately. The views are beautiful, but I wish we could sit out on the balcony. This will be our first visit to WL without the direct Bay view we've become accustomed to. Our view is still very nice,as you can see- just a little lean to the left to see the water, but not quite the same. Perhaps we'll get our new favorite room back next year after the OFC moves, Rm 7035. We've lost our first favorite room forever,7127, because of the re- model. But we're very happy to be here!!!! Last month, I went to the Disney floral/ gifts website and ordered a gift for DH to be delivered to the room. We got into the room late in the day, 4pm,(more on that in my report), so I expected it to be there already,but it wasn't. We ran into an ENORMOUS issue with billing,so in the few minutes we left the room at 6:30pm to fix the issue,it was delivered. It was a yellow insulated backpack with cookies,an Italian beer,snacks and a Hidden Mickeys Book. I forgot to take a picture- let's see if I can do that while still posting here- this is so very technical for me. Okay,it didn't work.....I 'll post pics of the gift in my next post.image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

As you can see with the first photo, The rooms across from us are totally empty. We can see through them to the other side.
They are taking a really long time to complete the rooms in the south wing. I can't wait to see what the new roms look like. :)

The views are beautiful, but I wish we could sit out on the balcony. This will be our first visit to WL without the direct Bay view we've become accustomed to. Our view is still very nice,as you can see- just a little lean to the left to see the water, but not quite the same.
It would be wonderful to sit out on the balcony. I like the view from your balcony. It is much better than the one we had.

Thanks for all the info on club level. There hasn't been very much information about the new lounge and your information is very helpful. :)

There doesn't seem to be many people milling about,either up here or in the lobby. WL is not deserted by any means,but no where near the amount of people we're used to seeing here. I've been in the OFC three times over the last 3 hours ( first to take pics,then to get some cobbler,then to return the dish), and each time there was one family at a table, a different family each time. Dessert was peach/ strawberry cobbler,red velvet cupcakes,brownies,cookies,PB and J shooters and a few cordial bottles. I do feel like the CM's and powers that be are trying to make the effort to make the temp OFC as nice as they can. I've only been here a few hours and I'm getting the vibes that they really are concerned about us being comfortable and happy. Kirk,Emily and Ally are here today, With Rob and Mike on vacation, returning sometime next week. There will be no problem with us- no complaints here. As far as the construction is concerned,we didn't walk around today,but will tomorrow. We have walked to the buses and heard nothing. If a person were to come here for the first time and get a courtyard view room,I really seriously doubt that they would be bothered or even at times,aware of the construction. The closed off elevators and upper floors are not in your face noticeable. A courtyard view,such as we have,is quite beautiful. The walk to the boat launch,if it hasn't changed since we were here in December,has a fence running alongside the walk,but it's a decent enough looking fence,blocking the construction view. I realize that the lack of a gym is a deal breaker for some people,but if not having it is fine, I can't see much reason for bailing out of WL to go somewhere else. I'm just saying,if anyone is on the fence about coming here,it really doesn't feel or sound like a major construction site, from our view. Of course,if you have a room overlooking the dirt and lack of woods,you might have a different opinion. But there is the option of looking at the pool and lake also.

Last edited:
Just three weeks until we check into the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge :) We will be coming over from Cabana Bay at Universal and heading to the MNSSHP that night - what are the chances of us getting into our room before 4pm? I've put in a request through Touring Plans for one of the old 'woods view' rooms and would prefer to wait for one of those rooms, but I think we would rather be in by 3:30 or so more. What do you think?

Well, we are checked in,but our favorite room,I suspect,is being used as the CM Lounge,as it is next to the temporary OFC. The new OFC will be located back in the area of the old OFC,but on a much grander,nicer scale,or so we're told.

I didn't bother to take pics of the lobby,because it hasn't changed from the last lobby pics that were taken. But I did take pics of the OFC. I like having before and after pics. I'll just put these next to the ones of the former Club Lounge,ending with the new Lounge next year. This is actually our second day at WDW,since we spent yesterday at Epcot and Disney Springs,while staying at the Radisson down the road. I'll do a trip report on our last two days so far in a separate post.

As you can see with the first photo, The rooms across from us are totally empty. We can see through them to the other side. For the OFC, the coffee and tea are set up in the hall. I didn't get a close up of the food because we showed up late and most of the plates were empty. But there were about 8 different offerings available. The chef is standing off to the right. She stopped by to see how things were going,get opinions,etc. the wine and beer are available,but you have to ask for it. There is always a CM in the room,sometimes two,so you can have what you want immediately.

The views are beautiful, but I wish we could sit out on the balcony. This will be our first visit to WL without the direct Bay view we've become accustomed to. Our view is still very nice,as you can see- just a little lean to the left to see the water, but not quite the same. Perhaps we'll get our new favorite room back next year after the OFC moves, Rm 7035. We've lost our first favorite room forever,7127, because of the re- model. But we're very happy to be here!!!!

Last month, I went to the Disney floral/ gifts website and ordered a gift for DH to be delivered to the room. We got into the room late in the day, 4pm,(more on that in my report), so I expected it to be there already,but it wasn't. We ran into an ENORMOUS issue with billing,so in the few minutes we left the room at 6:30pm to fix the issue,it was delivered. It was a yellow insulated backpack with cookies,an Italian beer,snacks and a Hidden Mickeys Book. I forgot to take a picture- let's see if I can do that while still posting here- this is so very technical for me. Okay,it didn't work.....I 'll post pics of the gift in my next post.View attachment 189684View attachment 189687 View attachment 189688View attachment 189689 View attachment 189690View attachment 189691

Welcome home! What an informative LIVE post - thank you, @fauntleroy1953. It is no fun dealing with billing issues. But, I found that if you're going to have any, it's always better upon arrival than upon departure - that's the worst. Hope it's all squared away now.

I am really confused about your bolded comment above. I thought the two Honeymoon Suites in the North Wing is where the new OFC is being built? The old OFC lounge is in the now-closed South Wing. So part or all of the South Wing's 7th floor will revert back to the OFC?

There doesn't seem to be many people milling about,either up here or in the lobby. WL is not deserted by any means,but no where near the amount of people we're used to seeing here. I've been in the OFC three times over the last 3 hours ( first to take pics,then to get some cobbler,then to return the dish), and each time there was one family at a table, a different family each time. Dessert was peach/ strawberry cobbler,red velvet cupcakes,brownies,cookies,PB and J shooters and a few cordial bottles.

I do feel like the CM's and powers that be are trying to make the effort to make the temp OFC as nice as they can. I've only been here a few hours and I'm getting the vibes that they really are concerned about us being comfortable and happy. Kirk,Emily and Ally are here today, With Rob and Mike on vacation, returning sometime next week. There will be no problem with us- no complaints here. As far as the construction is concerned,we didn't walk around today,but will tomorrow.

We have walked to the buses and heard nothing. If a person were to come here for the first time and get a courtyard view room,I really seriously doubt that they would be bothered or even at times,aware of the construction. The closed off elevators and upper floors are not in your face noticeable. A courtyard view,such as we have,is quite beautiful. The walk to the boat launch,if it hasn't changed since we were here in December,has a fence running alongside the walk,but it's a decent enough looking fence,blocking the construction view.

I realize that the lack of a gym is a deal breaker for some people,but if not having it is fine, I can't see much reason for bailing out of WL to go somewhere else. I'm just saying,if anyone is on the fence about coming here,it really doesn't feel or sound like a major construction site, from our view. Of course,if you have a room overlooking the dirt and lack of woods,you might have a different opinion. But there is the option of looking at the pool and lake also.

The closed gym was a deal breaker for me. Thank you for posting your opinion about the current state of affairs. I think that's very helpful to the undecided. For the undecided: Just keep in mind that many other amenities, besides the gym, are closed. However, the gym is due to re-open in October. I suspect all the other amenities will be closed well into next year.

Have a great Disney Day!

Welcome home! What an informative LIVE post - thank you, @fauntleroy1953. It is no fun dealing with billing issues. But, I found that if you're going to have any, it's always better upon arrival than upon departure - that's the worst. Hope it's all squared away now.

I am really confused about your bolded comment above. I thought the two Honeymoon Suites in the North Wing is where the new OFC is being built? The old OFC lounge is in the now-closed South Wing. So part or all of the South Wing's 7th floor will revert back to the OFC?

The closed gym was a deal breaker for me. Thank you for posting your opinion about the current state of affairs. I think that's very helpful to the undecided. For the undecided: Just keep in mind that many other amenities, besides the gym, are closed. However, the gym is due to re-open in October. I suspect all the other amenities will be closed well into next year.

Have a great Disney Day!
The gym was open last month when we were there. I'm talking about the one over in the villas section. Does the main lodge also have a gym that is closed?

image.jpg I didn't put that comment in bolded letters. I have no idea why it looks like that. Two CM's told me that the new OFC would be located at the old one. I just shrugged and said okay because I know how things can turn on a second here,so we'll see what happens.
Today,someone at the front desk told DH that the gym was open. He didn't check on that, but I will and get back to you.
We're going to Trails End for dinner,so I'll bring my mini IPad to take pics,if I can see anything.
We took the boat to MK,to spend a few hours,and saw the " coastline" on the way out and the other side on the way back. Looking back at the Lodge,to the left,the restaurant and bungalows are still mostly in the stud stage. To the right,there are about 5 things lined up on the ground,along the waters edge. They look like thatched roofs.no buildings yet,still lots of dirt and those thatched things.
It doesn't come out well in pics,but the rooms across from us are all gutted. There are workers in every room every day. There is no noise coming from there. Can't tell from my room if any walls are coming down to enlarge some rooms.
I have a 5 minute video that I'm having trouble downloading. It compresses fine,but doesn't upload into the comment area. Is 5 minutes too much?
Two pics- since they can't give us towel animals anymore,there seems to be an end run going on- we got a bouquet and a bow!image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter