Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great pic and makes me want to request similar view. Was the camera in telephoto mode for this or are the fireworks really that easy to see from your room? I know you don't want to give out exact room number but we are staying club level and I think there are club rooms on each floor. If you walk by any club level deluxe rooms (I think on each floor at ends), would appreciate any hints as to what to request that might have similar view.

That was taken with a 200mm telephoto lens.

CcJODpp.jpg

That was taken with a 35mm prime lens.

This is a great pic and makes me want to request similar view. Was the camera in telephoto mode for this or are the fireworks really that easy to see from your room? I know you don't want to give out exact room number but we are staying club level and I think there are club rooms on each floor. If you walk by any club level deluxe rooms (I think on each floor at ends), would appreciate any hints as to what to request that might have similar view.

The deluxe rooms are on the ends of the wings on each floor, and have balconies that generally face Bay Lake. Unfortunately those rooms don't face towards MK like the one in the pics. There are club level rooms that do face that way, the standard club level rooms on the 7th floor, North side, so even numbered rooms between 7042 and 7066.

This picture is awesome. I play around with photography a bit ( I have a entry level DSLR) and love this pic. Can you give a quick run down for this picture

Camera Lens? Tamron 11-16mm f2.8 lens
Camera Setting? I believe I just shot in shutter priority mode for 15 seconds
Focal Length? F stop was 8 I think
Flash/No flash? No flash
Tripod?
Gorilla pod on the floor.
That's off the top of my head. Ohh I use a Nikon D7000

Just went back to review the settings;

OXuXSDs.png

Last edited:
We've booked a standard room but would like to request a queen with bunk beds & view of Magic Kingdom. How early should we request for this?

We've booked a standard room but would like to request a queen with bunk beds & view of Magic Kingdom. How early should we request for this?

Bunk bed rooms are a bookable category so you'd have to switch your reservation to a bunk bed room if there are any available for your stay for it to be guaranteed. Or I suppose you could ask at check in if any are available. Right now you can get a "MK view" in a standard room on a high floor that faces the construction but unfortunately it's not guaranteed. Best of luck!

We are excited to be checking in in just about 24 hours... Thanks to the construction we do know that the second digit of our room number will be a 0, but by this time tomorrow we'll know the exact location. We booked Standard and will be thrilled to be anywhere at WL. Is it time yet? :cool1::cheer2::Pinkbounc:earseek:

Making our shopping list and wanted to ask if the coffee makers still use the pods that I see on the first page of the thread. TIA!

On our last night here we were surprised by getting a towel animal.
iHv5GMB.jpg

DCQlaKj.jpg

The Mousekeeping has been top notch this trip. I was wondering, is Mousekeeping allowed to keep any beverages that we leave in the room? We bought a 24pack of Mtn Dew, Coke Zero, and Dasani Water and we'll definitely not finish all of it. If I leave a note saying feel free to take it, are they allowed?

Bunk bed rooms are a bookable category so you'd have to switch your reservation to a bunk bed room if there are any available for your stay for it to be guaranteed. Or I suppose you could ask at check in if any are available. Right now you can get a "MK view" in a standard room on a high floor that faces the construction but unfortunately it's not guaranteed. Best of luck!
Oh I thought I read somewhere you could book a queen with bunk beds without having to book a different category. Good to know that's not true! Thanks!!

Oh I thought I read somewhere you could book a queen with bunk beds without having to book a different category. Good to know that's not true! Thanks!!
That applies to club level rooms. The booking category is standard club level, but you can make a request for a queen bed with bunk beds when you have a club level room booked. But for the regular resort rooms, the bunk bed rooms are a booking category. :)That is probably why you were confused. :)

Correction: if you book a standard view room you can request a bunk bed room. But if you want a courtyard view then you would have to book a courtyard bunk bed room to get a bunk bed.

Last edited:
We have arrived, and have a very similar view to @peteykirch

We will post more in the days to follow. We love WL!

Thank you for your picture of the new North view. I can't believe the change! You will have an incredible view of MK fireworks! However, as a longtime WL veteran, it really saddens me to the loss of our "wilderness" which really set this resort apart from any other on property.

Just got home and finished unpacking, after a hour delay on our flight out of Orlando.

For those wondering my room number was 6056

It was a bit left to the picture that @GrandCalifornian posted

The view from these rooms is much better than it used to be. They are the rooms that always have been categorized as standard view. They do have the smokehouse and loading dock area immediately below them, and then construction beyond that along the shoreline. The MK views range from amazing to slightly obscured based on the positions of the remaining large trees. I will get pics from three adjacent rooms that are quite different.
Thank you for your picture of the new North view. I can't believe the change! You will have an incredible view of MK fireworks! However, as a longtime WL veteran, it really saddens me to the loss of our "wilderness" which really set this resort apart from any other on property.

We miss the wilderness as well, but are optimistic that the cabins will have a wilderness feel once it is all done. The MK view is a mixed deal, but at least there are some positive effects of the changes. I expect that not all of the wilderness will remain gone once everything is finished.

The view from these rooms is much better than it used to be. They are the rooms that always have been categorized as standard view. They do have the smokehouse and loading dock area immediately below them, and then construction beyond that along the shoreline. The MK views range from amazing to slightly obscured based on the positions of the remaining large trees. I will get pics from three adjacent rooms that are quite different.

We miss the wilderness as well, but are optimistic that the cabins will have a wilderness feel once it is all done. The MK view is a mixed deal, but at least there are some positive effects of the changes. I expect that not all of the wilderness will remain gone once everything is finished.

Having the Smokehouse outside the balcony was amazing. If this was the "Winter" for Florida we would've loved to leave the sliding door cracked open to wake up the smell of smoked meats.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to how much replanting Disney will do. If you're 6 stories up, and those cabins are at the most 2 stories high, you can still see over them to see the MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter