Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're staying 12/2 - 12/7, woods view bunk bed room. I've already done online check in but now I think I should request a room in the north wing to avoid a construction view...

DH would love that. ;)

But you only have to wait until Jan before we are back again. :)

That's just around the corner and I think it's your first CL stay? Can't wait to here what you think about the Old Faithful Club:)

Here now, and the beach is officially closed. There are walls up around the Hidden Springs Pool, but it's still open, yay! Going for a swim there in a few hours. There's some scaffolding up on the Lodge rooms that face HS Pool, but construction noise seems to be minimal, and I haven't heard a peep from my southside inner courtyard room.

I'm staying CL, but have had the complete opposite experience from PP. All of the CL CM's I've encountered have been warm and friendly, and very helpful! I'm not a big breakfast eater, so the fresh fruit and the juice and coffee suit me just fine. I'm really enjoying my stay! PP, sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been great :(

Thank you for the update, @aVASTGrl. I'm going to cross-post it over on the Expansion thread. I'm glad you're having a wonderful CL stay. Love that pineapple, oh, and don't forget about Cobbler Time tonight!

We're staying 12/2 - 12/7, woods view bunk bed room. I've already done online check in but now I think I should request a room in the north wing to avoid a construction view...

That might be a good idea. I'll log your dates:)

I was walking around the resort, exploring near where the kids playground on the beach and bike rentals are and it was beautiful. Did see screens up nearby. I still haven't heard any construction at all.

I'm thinking of booking WL for Christmas 2016. Does anyone know what impact the construction will be having on the main building at that point? Right now, the construction is mostly villa-related, correct? Thanks!

funkydelia,

Was your room a bunk bed room?
Thank you
Just arrived home from 2 weeks at the lodge. Our room was amazing. 6016 so with an enclosed balcony (a bonus with our kids) and a ringside view of wishes due to a hole in the tree line!! I requested it through touring plans and got the exact room.
I literally can't fault anything there. There was some scaffolding around the north tower but but it was very quiet where we were which was handy for the pool, boat dock, roaring forks, elevators and laundry.
Googling who might want to buy my kidney to fund the return trip!!!

I'm thinking of booking WL for Christmas 2016. Does anyone know what impact the construction will be having on the main building at that point? Right now, the construction is mostly villa-related, correct? Thanks!
No one really knows at this point. Eventually, there are supposed to be additional dining options coming in.

Just got back from our Disney vacation. We stayed at wl oct 27-nov 2 in a third floor north woods view room. Our room number was 3032 right next to the elevator which was great couldn't hear any noise. Construction was supposed to start out 26 and the screens were up however, we could still use the beach and playground throughout our stay. The day we left (yesterday) a cast member knocked on our door and handed us a note saying "pardon our construction etc" and gave us 3 really nice Mickey construction pins. We really lucked out we didn't hear or see any construction and were able to get the $100 off each night of our stay. Right before we left we let our sons play in the arcade while we waited for magical express and heard quite a bit of noise by the Cubs den/villas area so I do believe construction has officially begun a week late. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at wl again my family and I love it there. It's a much smaller deluxe, you can't beat the boat rides to mk, we had great luck with buses also (there's a screen now up at the bus station for bus wait times), and the hotel is just gorgeous. I hope everyone with an upcoming wl trip has a wonderful time! I'm planning our next trip now lol :)

I'm heartbroken :sad::sad:
Put my brand new WL insulated coffee to go cup in the dishwasher by mistake and ruined it.
Too far to travel back from Scotland for a new one.

Random question: What would be the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Wilderness Lodge on 1/9/16 after Noon (Half Marathon that morning)? Bus or Boat to MK, then Monorail to Epcot followed by walk/bus/boat to HS? Something tells me the bus may be the easiest option but I wanted others thoughts... TIA

Random question: What would be the best way to get to Hollywood Studios from the Wilderness Lodge on 1/9/16 after Noon (Half Marathon that morning)? Bus or Boat to MK, then Monorail to Epcot followed by walk/bus/boat to HS? Something tells me the bus may be the easiest option but I wanted others thoughts... TIA

I've never stayed at WL, gearing up to possibly stay there early April so reading up on it, however, I'm a old WDW goer. I'd take the bus. All the boating and monorailing and transferring is gong to take a huge amount of time.

30th anniversary weekend coming up 11/12 to 11/15. Haven't stayed at WL for 8 years. We always visit to eat at WCC, pin trade, visit the shops and sit in the lobby. Can hardly wait to come back!
Standard view room at an AP rate. I just booked about a month ago. At first I was finding no availability at any WDW resort, but one day WL popped up and i grabbed it. Didn't even ask my DH, or book a flight, however once I got his ok, I also got a pretty good deal on Southwest. Can hardly wait!!!:love2::flower1::flower3::D:-)
:cool1::earsgirl::earsboy:

I've run in the Disney half marathon and it should all be over with by noon, although most likely even earlier. The half marathon begins and ends at Epcot. The buses shouldn't have any trouble getting to a park like HS from WL.

By the way, we'll be at WL on 1/9/16, too. :)

I've run in the Disney half marathon and it should all be over with by noon, although most likely even earlier. The half marathon begins and ends at Epcot. The buses shouldn't have any trouble getting to a park like HS from WL.

By the way, we'll be at WL on 1/9/16, too. :)

Running this year? I'm run the full on Sunday, any advice on how early I need to leave WL or any other tips?

Sorry for the Hijack of the thread.

Well, persistence (and OCD) pays off! I've been checking at least 10 times a day to get a non-BB room for our trip in 2 weeks... And guess what I found this morning?! A CY with NO BB! Woo hoo! I swear, availability was changing 5 times a day. Sometimes there would only be a couple resorts with an AP discount, then a whole bunch would show! Happy dance!!
:dancer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter