Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, we loved the new espresso coffee shop at the Territory Lounge in the mornings. On our last several stays at the Lodge, we have planned our early mornings at the parks with an eye toward where we could grab a quick cappuccino. What a pleasure to get one in the resort lobby before heading to a bus or boat.

I just wanted to say that I loved this hotel! We just got back last night :( The only time I even saw construction was the camouflage screens covering the "jungle gym" as they call it at Whispering Canyon. We had Woods View 6034 right off the elevator with a clear view of the castle! It was like it was cut out for us to see it. We watched fireworks from there as well. To the right was a little view of Bay Lake too! I really enjoyed it. They brought us a microwave so we were set! The boat transportation is the way to go. It was also just down the elevator and short walk on the side we were on. The pool was right down the elevator too! I did not think the bussing was the best there-we did have to wait a while, but that is typical for Disney. They were not too crowded though so it was nice. Just thought I'd post this since most say you cannot see the castle at all.

Attachments

• castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 38
Can we please be added to the log ? 10/31-11/06. I think that we were removed during our search for FD a few months ago, we switched resorts for a day to secure FD. Thanks so much, Love this site and cannot wait to Love the Lodge!!!

I just wanted to say that I loved this hotel! We just got back last night :( The only time I even saw construction was the camouflage screens covering the "jungle gym" as they call it at Whispering Canyon. We had Woods View 6034 right off the elevator with a clear view of the castle! It was like it was cut out for us to see it. We watched fireworks from there as well. To the right was a little view of Bay Lake too! I really enjoyed it. They brought us a microwave so we were set! The boat transportation is the way to go. It was also just down the elevator and short walk on the side we were on. The pool was right down the elevator too! I did not think the bussing was the best there-we did have to wait a while, but that is typical for Disney. They were not too crowded though so it was nice. Just thought I'd post this since most say you cannot see the castle at all.

What an awesome view! I will be requesting this room for our November trip. Thanks for sharing!

Down to Double Digits!!!! 99 DAYS and counting!!!!!! Cannot wait to get back!!!! :banana::banana:

To everyone leaving this week, have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I wont know for certain if I have to change our trip at CR scheduled for October to the WL (end of sept) till next week b/c of work. My question is this. Do they sell cases of water in the merchatile? Traveling with a 7 months old and need the bottle water to mix with his formula. On another note. If I have a standard view room. What requests should I make. My only hope is to be close to transportation and away from any construction noise so the baby can nap mid day. Should I be vague and just make those requests?

So I wont know for certain if I have to change our trip at CR scheduled for October to the WL (end of sept) till next week b/c of work. My question is this. Do they sell cases of water in the merchatile? Traveling with a 7 months old and need the bottle water to mix with his formula. On another note. If I have a standard view room. What requests should I make. My only hope is to be close to transportation and away from any construction noise so the baby can nap mid day. Should I be vague and just make those requests?
Yes they do sell bottled water in the Merchantile.

Call resort reservations and have them list your room requests as quiet room close to transportation. The standard rooms shouldn't be near the construction in October.

Yes they do sell bottled water in the Merchantile.

Call resort reservations and have them list your room requests as quiet room close to transportation. The standard rooms shouldn't be near the construction in October.

Thank you so much! Appreciate your help! Secretly hoping I get to move my trip up to the end of September!

Hi All,

Here at WL at the moment we are in the south wing woods view the furthest room from the lobby (sort of facing the bike rental/villas pool). We love the location it's really quiet but also handy for getting every where. We haven't heard any noise from the construction (although we have seen stuff going on) and we have young kids so have been in the room every afternoon with them in silence while they nap.

To get to the pool we usually go the the elevators half way down the south wing and take it to level 1. When we exit the elevators we turn left and exit the building in the corner by the pool (there are restrooms located there). Until today there was a temporary wall in place if we tried to turn right out of the elevators preventing anyone going down the south wing corridor on level 1, in fact the wall prevented you from seeing that there was a corridor with rooms off it. However this wall was removed this morning and the corridor is now accessible although there is a sign asking people not to go down it.

I heard some castmembers/ construction people saying that there will be guests staying on this corridor from Thursday onwards. This evening all workers had left the area and although the sign remained I wandered down for a peak. They have renovated a small area of the corridor outside about 8 rooms (four on each side). The main difference is the wooden dado rail (not sure if you use that term in the USA) which runs horizontally down the corridor has been moved to a lower position on the wall and is now a more natural looking stripped log effect. They have also made a feature between the doors which has some stone looking pieces topped with logs and a lantern. The ceiling lights and carpets have also been changed and the paint is cream on the top half (above the log dado rail) and a kind of mushroom below.

I'll try and post some photos, hope it works.

Any tips on how to post photos?

I'm posting from my iPad and the photos are on the iPad?
Choose the "Upload a File" button at the bottom/right of your post. Then choose the photos from your library.

Thank you so much for the update on the South Wing mystery rooms. We'd love to see some photos and :welcome: to the DIS and the thread :)

Choose the "Upload a File" button at the bottom/right of your post. Then choose the photos from your library.

Thank you so much for the update on the South Wing mystery rooms. We'd love to see some photos and :welcome: to the DIS and the thread :)
Sorry for being useless at all of this but all I have at the bottom right in 'post reply' or 'more options'. I have lots of icons along the top of box but none of those seem to work either???

In the reply box, Upload a File is the button in between Post Reply and More Options, however, I just realized you don't have enough posts for that privilege, I believe. I think you need 10, but I'm not sure the exact number. Thank you for trying though and you're not being useless at all!

Not sure if this is known or new but we didn't know it. There is nothing going on at breakfast at WCC. It's just breakfast. We had an 8am reservation and tried on the app to move it back 30 min but said nothing available til 9:30 so we just hurried up and got down for our time. The place was dead at 8am! Maybe 20% full. The lady next to us after her meal asked for a manager asking "where was the show" that used to be happening. The manager said they had too many noise complaints in the morning from sleeping guests. The guest was not happy spending that money when they could have had the same "experience" at RF.

So FYI breakfast is just breakfast. We heard a little sass coming from the one waitress who's been there forever, our server was super friendly but nothing special as far as entertainment. So it's just breakfast now at WCC

Sorry you're back to reality, but it sounds like you had a great stay. I'll have to add your photo to the ROOM chapter of the thread:)

To add your ticker to your signature, you can just drag the image right in. If you need more details, let me know.

So excited! We received Disney mail today! Magical express luggage tags!! Woohoo...one step closer :) 32 days

That means your trip is right around the corner:)

Can we please be added to the log ? 10/31-11/06. I think that we were removed during our search for FD a few months ago, we switched resorts for a day to secure FD. Thanks so much, Love this site and cannot wait to Love the Lodge!!!

I've got you logged:)

Down to Double Digits!!!! 99 DAYS and counting!!!!!! Cannot wait to get back!!!! :banana::banana:

To everyone leaving this week, have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even less now! We leave next week, which means summer's almost over. Where did it go?

The SV rooms in the South Wing are right next to the bus stop. The boats, however, are in the complete opposite direction of the bus stop.

Nov 15-23 WL for us to please be added to the Log

You've been added and welcome to the thread!

:yay: We'll be at the Lodge around the same time! :yay: Our dates are Nov. 19-25; DD and I will be in the Lodge~DD and DGD's will be in the Villa's! :tink:

The best of both worlds! You're officially logged:)

Not sure if this is known or new but we didn't know it. There is nothing going on at breakfast at WCC. It's just breakfast. We had an 8am reservation and tried on the app to move it back 30 min but said nothing available til 9:30 so we just hurried up and got down for our time. The place was dead at 8am! Maybe 20% full. The lady next to us after her meal asked for a manager asking "where was the show" that used to be happening. The manager said they had too many noise complaints in the morning from sleeping guests. The guest was not happy spending that money when they could have had the same "experience" at RF.

So FYI breakfast is just breakfast. We heard a little sass coming from the one waitress who's been there forever, our server was super friendly but nothing special as far as entertainment. So it's just breakfast now at WCC

Sass? A waitress who's been there a long time? Sounds like MT Wallet;). Thank you, that's good to know so guests don't go in expecting a "show" and come out disappointed.

We've also experienced the same thing several years ago when we tried to get a same day WCC ADR and there weren't any so we just walked down to WCC and were seated in 5 minutes. This was for dinner though. Unless it's a character breakfast location, I've found that most resort TS breakfast venues aren't crowded and have walk-up availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter