Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I believe all the rooms except the Royal Rooms have been refurbished. Royal Rooms are dated and I would avoid those. Beside the refurbished rooms, not much has changed at POR and that's a good thing.
I was thinking my girls would love the Royal Room. Are they really that bad?

After staying there I couldn't find anything to say about the Royal rooms that was "bad" so I'm curious why some feel that way.

Different theming than the other PO or FQ rooms and you are at a moderate without air conditioned hallways and no balcony but that is to be expected. We enjoyed the theming and location of the buildings the Royal Rooms are located in.

We stayed in one earlier this year- we thought it was really nice and didn’t seem to have any issues at all!
Thanks. I was looking for something with some character theming but also hopefully not too loud or crowded. The royal rooms look really fun.

Having to change plans since my husband and son are going to have to join us halfway through the vacation and can’t check into Shades of Green without him. I thought he might like that POR seems quiet. We stayed at SSR the other time we went and he liked the break from the chaos but the kids would have liked a bit more Disney theme at the resort. I know POR isn’t in your face Disney but the Royal Rooms seem to be a good compromise.

Does anyone know if the river view royal rooms are truly closer to food and a bus stop? I read that somewhere and that might be worth the money.

Do the boats really sound their horns late at night? Someone mentioned this about French Quarter.

Any problems with dogs barking at night? My youngest is scared of some dogs so I’m a little worried about the dogs here but I think she would love the royal room. And my 12 year old absolutely loves Tiana and I think she will enjoy the resort.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if the river view royal rooms are truly closer to food and a bus stop? I read that somewhere and that might be worth the money.

Do the boats really sound their horns late at night? Someone mentioned this about French Quarter.

Any problems with dogs barking at night?
We were in a river view royal room in February and loved the location. The building we were in was close to the bridge by the lobby area and very convenient to the south bus stop.

The royal room was very nice. My only complaint was that it hadn't been upgraded with additional outlets and USB ports, like the rest of the resort rooms. I would bring a power strip if you are going to be in a royal room. :)

We did hear boat horns in the river view room.

Dogs aren't allowed in the royal rooms - except - of course - service dogs. We didn't see or hear any dogs when we were there in February.

After staying there I couldn't find anything to say about the Royal rooms that was "bad" so I'm curious why some feel that way.

Different theming than the other PO or FQ rooms and you are at a moderate without air conditioned hallways and no balcony but that is to be expected. We enjoyed the theming and location of the buildings the Royal Rooms are located
We were in a river view royal room in February and loved the location. The building we were in was close to the bridge by the lobby area and very convenient to the south bus stop.

The royal room was very nice. My only complaint was that it hadn't been upgraded with additional outlets and USB ports, like the rest of the resort rooms. I would bring a power strip if you are going to be in a royal room. :)

We did hear boat horns in the river view room.

Dogs aren't allowed in the royal rooms - except - of course - service dogs. We didn't see or hear any dogs when we were there in February.
Thank you. And thanks for the power strip suggestion.

The boat horns must stop at some point, right? Hopefully not all night long!

Thank you. And thanks for the power strip suggestion.

The boat horns must stop at some point, right? Hopefully not all night long!
You make a good point about the power strips and usb outlets. These are the things that will probably get upgraded during the next refresh with the new type-c requirements coming online around the world. When I have forrgotten a power strip I use my Mac to and plug everything into it to charge and plug the computer in.

Kids do love the Royal Rooms - there's enough princess stuff in there to distract them from noticing anything else. But adults will pretty quickly see that the rooms are worn out, peeling wallpaper, old carpet, no USBs, no extra storage, etc. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you, you'll all be happy there. Personally, I won't stay there again until they're refurbished. There are just plenty of other resorts in WDW where you can get newly refurbished, modern rooms with lots of USB plugs and space-saving features like Murphy beds and under-bed storage in the same price range or cheaper than Royal Rooms.

Kids do love the Royal Rooms - there's enough princess stuff in there to distract them from noticing anything else. But adults will pretty quickly see that the rooms are worn out, peeling wallpaper, old carpet, no USBs, no extra storage, etc. If that kind of thing doesn't bother you, you'll all be happy there. Personally, I won't stay there again until they're refurbished. There are just plenty of other resorts in WDW where you can get newly refurbished, modern rooms with lots of USB plugs and space-saving features like Murphy beds and under-bed storage in the same price range or cheaper than Royal Rooms.
Thanks. That’s helpful. I think I’m going to do it for a few days for the girls, then head over to Shades of Green. That way if it’s cramped and disappointing, it’s only for a few nights. If it’s magical, then woohoo!

We just got back from a great stay at Riverside. We had booked a river view room and were given room 1444 in building 14, a preferred building that is right next to the food court. The only way we could have had a room that was closer to the food court is if we were on the ground floor instead of second floor. It was a fantastic location. My sister and sister-in-law traveled with us and they gave us connecting rooms. We had asked to be close together so the connecting rooms were a pleasant surprise.

Our room was spotless. We had housekeeping every other day. They made the beds on those days along with clean towels and coffee supplies.

We had really good bus luck and the majority of the time didn't have to wait too long for a bus. We took the boat to Disney Springs and the bus back. We ended up eating two dinners in the food court and one dinner at Boatwrights because it was just too hot to eat outside anywhere.

The main pool was great and the water was cool. We hardly had any rain, either. It is a really nice resort to stay at. :)

Sorry if this was already asked... Couldn't find it. Do all the Royal rooms now have hardwood floors? I have seen some vlogs where I see hardwood and others I see the carpet still. Thank you in advance.

Sorry if this was already asked... Couldn't find it. Do all the Royal rooms now have hardwood floors? I have seen some vlogs where I see hardwood and others I see the carpet still. Thank you in advance.
The Royal room that we were in last February had carpeting.

Sorry if this was already asked... Couldn't find it. Do all the Royal rooms now have hardwood floors?

The Royal Rooms are still awaiting a refurb programme which was originally due to take place in April 2020 (but was postponed due to COVID).

However occasionally rooms have had issues in the meantime for which a replacement carpet would have been needed, and they have instead fitted the wooden flooring that presumably is being held in stock somewhere while awaiting the refurb. As far as I know, it is not possible to request such a room - nor to request a carpeted room, if like me that would be your preference.

Andre

The Royal Rooms are still awaiting a refurb programme which was originally due to take place in April 2020 (but was postponed due to COVID).

However occasionally rooms have had issues in the meantime for which a replacement carpet would have been needed, and they have instead fitted the wooden flooring that presumably is being held in stock somewhere while awaiting the refurb. As far as I know, it is not possible to request such a room - nor to request a carpeted room, if like me that would be your preference.

Andre
Thank you so much andrewilley... we have stayed here many times but it has been before Covid that we have stayed in a Royal room. Thank you for all you wrote, it is helpful.

Thank you so much andrewilley... we have stayed here many times but it has been before Covid that we have stayed in a Royal room. Thank you for all you wrote, it is helpful.

You're welcome. Personally I prefer the carpeting, especially the lushy themed carpet in the Royal Rooms - as long as it's regularly cleaned of course. I've stayed at several high-end hotels recently on short trips (from The Savoy in London to a lovely 4-star in Dublin city centre last month) and they all featured carpets in the guest rooms - just like Four Seasons/etc in Disney World. To be honest, I think they would be shocked at the idea of putting their guests in rooms with laminate floors. Many also featured stylish bed coverings or runners rather than the clinically stark and boring plain white sheets that Disney is now including in its supposedly themed rooms.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter