Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

How odd, I wonder why not? I would call the special assistance line (1-407-939-7807) after you have made your booking, explaining you need a relatively simple route to the main areas, and I'm sure they will be able to help you.

Andre

They said it's a privacy issue - for our honeymoon in 2013, we were able to write it but not since then..I've asked a few times. We are still at WL for now, but waiting to see how thinks shake out financially (I own a small business)..We will most definitely switch in the next 3 weeks rather than cancel...it would really be nice to have an alternative to a deluxe that my husband is comfortable getting around (others have suggested POFQ but I like the theming of POR. Even if we stick with WL I think we will take a trip to POR so we know for next time.

But yes, I will call the special assistance line..never knew about it until recently and no one at Disney every told us about it. The airlines did thankfully so we are in a disability row on the plane and have someone to help with the bags since I can't carry everything and he needs his cane :) (We are in our 30's by the way :)

Stayed at WL and it was great, however for the price I feel you can't beat POR. If money was no object WL wins hands down (except the food court).

So if money is an issue, you would be ok with POR? We actually loved the Roaring Fork at WL and it's going to be CLOSED. Another reason we are debating! Ahh those Royal Rooms..

I'm telling you Andre, if I knew the walk would be ok and I wouldn't find him in the river, it would be awesome!!

Just back from a great stay - despite our son getting the 'disney stomach bug' our last full day. I don't think we were the only ones hit. Heard a neighboring room flush toilets through the night too. HOWEVER - Great customer service. The kind you expect from Disney. Good food court with wonderful staff. I'll post a mini review later. For now - sleep!

So if money is an issue, you would be ok with POR? We actually loved the Roaring Fork at WL and it's going to be CLOSED. Another reason we are debating! Ahh those Royal Rooms..

I'm telling you Andre, if I knew the walk would be ok and I wouldn't find him in the river, it would be awesome!!

If money was no object, I'd like to try a deluxe. I've never stayed in one, so I can't tell you if they're better. I do really really love POR though. It's a lot more pricey for me than a value, but I love it so much, I just make it work.

What do you like about it? :)
If money was no object, I'd like to try a deluxe. I've never stayed in one, so I can't tell you if they're better. I do really really love POR though. It's a lot more pricey for me than a value, but I love it so much, I just make it work.

Just back from a great stay - despite our son getting the 'disney stomach bug' our last full day. I don't think we were the only ones hit. Heard a neighboring room flush toilets through the night too. HOWEVER - Great customer service. The kind you expect from Disney. Good food court with wonderful staff. I'll post a mini review later. For now - sleep!

Ug...don't tell me that. We arrive Monday and are paranoid because 2 of our boys got the bug on our last trip a few years ago.

We just got back from a wonderful stay at POR. A couple of times we were at the lobby and my friend was finding it difficult walking...so we went to Bell services and asked for a ride back to our room and they got a cart and picked us up and took us to the room. Once we didn't have to wait but another time it was about 15 min...but we just sat on the bench and people watched. that was better than carrying all our parcels that we had delivered to the resort to our room. It sure is a wonderful service

Also the day before you leave call bell services and set up a time and they will pick you and your luggage up and take you to the luggage area

Thank you thank you thank you! Someone had said that this is possible but having recent confirmation makes my day!!

Ug...don't tell me that. We arrive Monday and are paranoid because 2 of our boys got the bug on our last trip a few years ago.
Then you won't want to hear that now my daughter and I have it. This was our fourth trip and on two we've gotten sick. I guess the best you can do is wash your hands - a lot, and hope for the best. On a plus, the resort staff was great and no one had it at the same time. So we were able to divide and conquer. But Disney needs to do a deep cleanse!!

Anyone know what the typical bus ride time is to MK and Epcot? I hear the buses are an issue. Has anyone tried Uber? I'm curious how long it took and the cost. I know you can't go all the way to MK and have to stop at TCC? (I think)...We called today and it's about $600 less to switch from WL to POR Royal Room or preferred.

Also, how bad is the dining area at breakfast? What time is is busy? The roaring fork was quite busy at WL, but again thinking of my hubby trying to carry a tray through a crowd with his vision (it's much worse now than 3.5 years ago so that is why we are concerned). We will figure out ways to work with it.

Anyone know what the typical bus ride time is to MK and Epcot?

From when the bus departs from Port Orleans (i.e. after the last pickup) MK is about 10-12mins, Epcot about 6-8 mins. Add up to 8-10 minutes going round the outer circle if you get on at the first stop within the resort.

Breakfast tends to be busiest between about 8am and 10am, if you are worried it might be an idea to pick supplies up form the bakery the night before and have breakfast in your room. Also, sometimes they will serve a limited breakfast menu at the River Roost Lounge which is always much quieter, but only seems to be run as a temporary service.

Andre

From when the bus departs from Port Orleans (i.e. after the last pickup) MK is about 10-12mins, Epcot about 6-8 mins. Add up to 8-10 minutes going round the outer circle if you get on at the first stop within the resort.

Breakfast tends to be busiest between about 8am and 10am, if you are worried it might be an idea to pick supplies up form the bakery the night before and have breakfast in your room. Also, sometimes they will serve a limited breakfast menu at the River Roost Lounge which is always much quieter, but only seems to be run as a temporary service.

Andre

Thank you, you are so helpful! So would that be stop 1 or does it vary which stop is first?

I saw your suggestion about breakfast on your website. I could also just get the food too while he sits. We are still getting used to everything :)

We just got home from POR yesterday. We were a party of 6 and I can say none of us got sick. Thought maybe that could help settle ur mind.

Are the rooms there the same style buildings as POFQ?( two floors with multiple staircases to different parts of the building?)

The Alligator Bayou buildings are two-story, with 64 rooms per building and four stairways (no elevators). The French Quarter buildings are all three-story, with 144 rooms per building (and they have elevators). The Riverside mansion buildings are bigger still (256 rooms) and each building features four two-story wings and central three-story block with elevators.

Andre

The Alligator Bayou buildings are two-story, with 64 rooms per building and four stairways (no elevators). The French Quarter buildings are all three-story, with 144 rooms per building (and they have elevators). The Riverside mansion buildings are bigger still (256 rooms) and each building features four two-story wings and central three-story block with elevators.

Andre
Thanks, Andre. We booked preferred because we need a close location for my dad to the food court, pool, bus.
How much difference in distance is there comparing a preferred room to a pool view royal room? (In how many minutes of a walk?) Are they similar in price? Also, we have free dining- would I even have the option to switch to another type of room and keep the free dining?

Also, do first floor preferred rooms have a lot of foot traffic going by them? I usually ask for upper level so we don't have someone walking around above us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter