Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Oh don't worry....A Patriots Player will be in the parade. :P
We are not huge sports fans but we are WDW addicts and it's cool we will be there Superbowl Sunday and our NE team playing.
I'm not sure where we will be during the game. Haven't discussed that yet. I saw the article written about where the good places to watch the game will be. Some already sold out. I'm a people watcher. this will be interesting.
See you there!
We will be there too. From the Boston area so we are hoping for a NE win. My daughter and I (we are celebrating her birthday) will be at MK, but the guys will be looking for a TV in the lounge at Riverside. Have a great time everyone!

12-days and counting...getting excited!

So regarding buses...reading up a bit on portorleans.org...I understand that typically, the first pickup is West...then N, E, and finally S. We're booked in a preferred room, so I presume the South stop will be closest for us...but is it worth walking to the West pickup when heading off to the park to avoid getting stuck on an overcrowded bus? My gut is to just stick with the South stop, since crowds should be relatively light (week of Feb 6-10) and we will be trying to get to the parks around RD. Also FWIW, we'll only be taking the bus to MK. We have a rental car and I plan to drive to HS and EP.

Also, since I didn't get a response, just repeating my question from last night: anyone know if I can request a blender for our room? My wife claims "most" hotels can provide you with a blender...but seems like a bit of an oddball request outside of suites. She wants one for making protein shakes in the morning...we have a small single serving size one we could shove in our checked luggage, but would prefer not to worry about it if we don't have to.

Thanks!

If you are at the bus stop EARLY heading to Rope drop or EMH, i wouldn't expect the bus to be overcrowded...

A blender? Never asked about one.. but i wouldn't be surprised if they did provide one.

You should be fine at the South bus stop. We actually went in May 2 years ago and didn't have any issues. There were a few time coming home at park closing when the bus was standing room only. As for a blender...NEVER have heard of Disney to have that as an option...but that doesn't mean they don't. Have a great trip!

It's unlikely the busses would have to skip the S depot because they are full. They know they have to come often enough to service all 4 stops. And, if it ever were full, they would dispatch another bus asap to prevent a backup of guests waiting at the one depot.

However, if you need to get a seat on the bus, then going to W might be a good idea. It is likely that a good portion of the S depot boarders will have to stand.

The advantage of going to S depot is that, given the time it takes to walk to the two stops, there is a good chance of catching an earlier bus at S depot that you have missed if you had gone to W.

Quick question. I am checking in to POR on Sunday day and traveling with my in laws. I requested connecting doors. I called to confirm that the request is on both of are reservations plus was giving a Travel with number. Should I also fax in my request or do you think that is over kill?

Quick question. I am checking in to POR on Sunday day and traveling with my in laws. I requested connecting doors. I called to confirm that the request is on both of are reservations plus was giving a Travel with number. Should I also fax in my request or do you think that is over kill?

You are probably good. Travel with numbered groups are always assigned first.

Sometimes it not even the MVP . Last year Peyton Manning was in the parade but I forget if it was WDW or DL. However later this week there is going to be some Pro Bowl players in a parade in the MK. It will be before the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl was moved to Orlando this year.
My brother won and all expense trip to the pro bowl in Hawaii when Peyton was a rookie. It also included a meet and greet party for like 50 people. To bad he didn't take me, but he did bring me back a signed football

9 sleeps!!!! We are surprising our boys on our departure morning, I can't wait!!!

They love surprises and I've done it a different way each time. This year our flights are at an amazing time and we don't have to wake them at ridiculous-o'clock like usual so I'm decorating our table with balloons/streamers and Mickey plates etc for breakfast as the big reveal!
Mickey pancakes and then upstairs to pack their carry-on cases and get dressed before we leave....escaping winter cannot come soon enough!!

2 sleeps here and haven't started packing! AHHH! I'm usually packed a week in advance. The weather forecast has me scratching my head. Guess we'll pack it all - pants, shorts, tshirts, sweatshirts, hats.

That's the category I'm booked In just wondering if there is a certain building I should request or room number

You can request anything you want, King Bed rooms are scattered all around the resort - including quite a few river and pool views, some in preferred location building, etc. So you can request anything you like (apart from a Royal Room) and still remain within the King Bed booking category.

Andre

Be checking in on the 12th here. Just a little over 2 weeks till were back to our favorite place in the world.

Hey Andre, Venom (wherever you are), and all you great people around here! I just want to thank all of you guys again a couple years ago for the little inside tips on making my last trip a blast! Even during the Christmas week, we still had a great time.

I've been gone a couple years, but my girlfriend and I are planning on going back! She wants to run the WDW Marathon at the beginning of 2018, and not just the marathon, but EVERYTHING she can register for. 48.6 miles. I'd feel bad for her, but no one is forcing her to do this >.> Me? I'm going to train for maybe just the 5k and that's that. No kids this time, just her and me.

I really want to stay at either one of the mansion rooms in Riverside, or just a room at FQ. Not sure, yet.

Unlike a couple years ago, when we decided to go only 4 months out, this time, I'm giving a year to plan this mess, so here goes the first volley of questions for you vets!

For the people who stayed here during the Marathon, can we walk down Bonnet Creek Parkway to Disney Vacation Club Way to Epcot Center Drive to get to the race?

Also, anyone know if they give out some sort of room discount during marathon weekend?

Thanks guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter