Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Our family will be staying in RR-River view with 2 rooms (we are taking grandparents with us). Any advice on getting connecting rooms? We have currently booked with adults in each, but would prefer to have kids in one room and adults in the connecting room.

Our family will be staying in RR-River view with 2 rooms (we are taking grandparents with us). Any advice on getting connecting rooms? We have currently booked with adults in each, but would prefer to have kids in one room and adults in the connecting room.

All you can do is request - there's no guarantee.

Thanks guys - I had seen that if you were 5 people you would automatically be placed in Alligator Bayou so I figured our chances there weren't great. Can anyone tell me about Alligator Bayou? Did you like it? Upgrading is probably not an option...I have a deal through an agent and standard was all they had. Im going to keep checking for other discounts and would consider upgrading if the price difference wasn't too big. We don't really have a problem with walking...so distance from the main building isnt an issue for us.

Yes, sorry that was confusing. We are just two. Do you prefer alligator bayou or the mansions?

Looks-wise, I don't really have a preference. Alligator Bayou is more rustic, with log furniture. Outside and inside, both sections are beautiful in my opinion. I have stayed in every type of room at POR, and I love them all.

Is there a particular room level (standard, garden, etc...) that has the fold down, Murphy style bed?

Any reviews on how the little ones like them?

Is there a particular room level (standard, garden, etc...) that has the fold down, Murphy style bed?

The Preferred category puts you in Alligator Bayou. Rooms in AB have the Murphy beds. If you book a party of 5 (3yrs old or more) that gets you AB. If you have 4 or less and book anything other than Preferred you could get 1 of the 2 non Royal Mansion buildings

All Alligator Bayou rooms have them (and only Alligator Bayou). The only booking category that would guarantee one is preferred, since all preferred rooms are in Alligator Bayou.

Ok, maybe this has already been mentioned. But I was reviewing our dining reservations for our upcoming trip this January. We have the SDP 'deal'. AND THE BOATWRIGHT IS NOT ACCEPTED ON THE PLAN?!?!?!?! WHAT THE WHAT DISNEY. This isn't a deal breaker, but this is VERY annoying.

EDITED TO ADD - I'm a doofus. I was reading the 'quick serve' restaurant list. Time to stop planning!! hahahaha

My 6-year-old son didn't really like it. He slept in it for two nights. He said it wasn't "squishy" enough - I suppose the mattress was too hard for him :(.

Hello fans of POR! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

What are the main reasons you choose POR over POFQ?

Hello fans of POR! I'm currently researching all the moderates for an upcoming trip and would like to get some opinions.

For us, the main reason is we are a family of 5, so the only moderates are POR and CB.

I like the lush greenery of POR (AB) over POFQ, I think the food court has more options, and it has a table service restaurant, if you are interested. Also, the piano bar is a great +

We routinely vacation in New Orleans. Only reason we chose PORS was because we are quite familiar with authentic French Quarter Theming. Wouldn't want to stay in a resort that mimicked that when we are so familiar with the real thing.

Does that sound weird?

I honestly think both resorts are great. It just depends on what you are looking for. POFQ is smaller, one bus stop, nice pool for kids, no sit down restaurant, still has boat to Disney Springs. POR is larger (but I don't think too large), more lush in landscaping, still a good pool, accommodates 5, choice of royal rooms vs AB section, Table service restaurant, Yeha Bob, bus to DS. POFQ is more compact so if walking is an issue you may prefer it, otherwise I personally prefer POR

For us, the main reason is we are a family of 5, so the only moderates are POR and CB.

I like the lush greenery of POR (AB) over POFQ, I think the food court has more options, and it has a table service restaurant, if you are interested. Also, the piano bar is a great +

Also, I love the quiet pools. Esp. On the Magnolia Bend side.

Looks-wise, I don't really have a preference. Alligator Bayou is more rustic, with log furniture. Outside and inside, both sections are beautiful in my opinion. I have stayed in every type of room at POR, and I love them all.

Same here.

We love both Riverside and French Quarters. However, Riverside is our favorite. We always stay in the Mansion section as I really love it there. I think I imagine myself as truly living in a mansion while I'm there! :)

Ok, maybe this has already been mentioned. But I was reviewing our dining reservations for our upcoming trip this January. We have the SDP 'deal'. AND THE BOATWRIGHT IS NOT ACCEPTED ON THE PLAN?!?!?!?! WHAT THE WHAT DISNEY. This isn't a deal breaker, but this is VERY annoying.

EDITED TO ADD - I'm a doofus. I was reading the 'quick serve' restaurant list. Time to stop planning!! hahahaha

Lol @ "doofus". I have't heard that in years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter