• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hello! As a treat for my bday, I am going to PO FQ staying in a standard room for 2 nights in early March. Never been to WDW. Should I pick a higher room for safety? Or is the resort pretty safe?

Hello! As a treat for my bday, I am going to PO FQ staying in a standard room for 2 nights in early March. Never been to WDW. Should I pick a higher room for safety? Or is the resort pretty safe?
Resort is super safe IMO. We were there in June with DD’s family. I always take a late night trail of tears to the smoking section (yeah, I know), and felt perfectly safe.

I’m doing some research for a future trip. My boyfriend and I are planning to go back to WDW in a couple of years.

I was debating about the hotel. We stayed at POP last May and honestly we were not impressed. I found it charming, but the rooms were eh. The walls were super thin so we heard our neighbors when they returned to the room late at night. Slamming their door and their kids going crazy.

What’s PO FQ like? The price seems decent so I’m not worried about that. I read that resort is nice and quiet since it’s smaller. Are the rooms nice? Are the walls thin like POP? Best time to stay there? I was thinking our trip would be in the fall.

I’m considering this hotel or the Holiday Day Inn that’s on property.

It’s quiet. You may hear folks if they are talking as they pass your window, but the rooms themselves are quiet. The Resort “settles” quickly at night, and becomes still and beautiful and tranquil.

The rooms are as pictured on Disneys site; the furniture is certainly nicer than POP and the rooms are larger.

DH absolutely loved POFQ - he is not a Disney person. We don’t go often but have stayed at Poly, CR, CBR, Dixie Landings (now POR), & Pop. He liked the calmer & relaxed vibe. If I ever get him to go back, it will be POFQ for sure. Rooms were perfectly nice IMO.

It’s quiet. You may hear folks if they are talking as they pass your window, but the rooms themselves are quiet. The Resort “settles” quickly at night, and becomes still and beautiful and tranquil.

The rooms are as pictured on Disneys site; the furniture is certainly nicer than POP and the rooms are larger.
Thank you for the feedback. The more I hear about this place the more it’s appealing to me. I just watch a tour of the resort YouTube. It really does look peaceful especially at night. I talked to my boyfriend and he seems interested in it as well.

We've never felt unsafe at any Disney property. POFQ is so small that I never minded our kids as pre-teens or young teens going to the food court by themselves to get drink refills or a snack. It was only a 5-minute walk (as opposed to our other favorite CSR, where it might be a 30-minute round-trip).

Our whole family likes the vibe of POFQ. It's quiet and picturesque. More green space than Pop. My older son has recently been to New Orleans and told my younger son that POFQ feels just like NOLA but smells better. :rotfl2:

My sister and I recently booked a trip for her upcoming birthday and picked POFQ because we felt like it was better suited to our taste than one of the Values, even though the Values were several hundred dollars cheaper. We decided that the calmness of the resort was worth the price.

I’ve been watching YouTube and TikTok videos of the resort and rooms. I try to only watch the most recent ones. I’m a little confused though (and maybe they just have variations of rooms).

Some show the double sink separate from the toilet and shower/tub area with a door separating.

Some show a single sink with the toilet and then the shower/tub separate.

Another difference, some have a bench next to the dresser. Some have a wardrobe.

Are there just variations and we won’t really know until we get there?

Thank you!!!

I’ve been watching YouTube and TikTok videos of the resort and rooms. I try to only watch the most recent ones. I’m a little confused though (and maybe they just have variations of rooms).

Some show the double sink separate from the toilet and shower/tub area with a door separating.

Another difference, some have a bench next to the dresser. Some have a wardrobe.

Thank you!!!
I don’t know if there are variations, but in June, building 4, we had a double sink, separated from the toilet & bathtub by a door. There was a bench next to the dresser. We really liked the room. DH loved POFQ.

Thank you!!!

If you are seeing a bathroom with a single sink on one side, a toilet on the other, and a “zero entry” shower -or- tub on the same side as the sink, PLUS a wardrobe in the bedroom, that is a handicapped accessible room. Those rooms are the same size, just a different layout of the bathroom for wheelchair users. (And the wardrobe has an interior for wheelchair users, although the way the doors open, it eats all the space AND is tough to use. ‘Nother topic for another day)

We've stayed at POFQ three times and each room has had double sinks, with the toilet and shower in a separate room. The vanity area is separated from the rest of the room by a curtain. The latest iteration of the rooms has the bench along the wall by the dresser. There's a rack of hooks above it, which is very handy. The fridge is built into the dresser unit.

If you are seeing a bathroom with a single sink on one side, a toilet on the other, and a “zero entry” shower -or- tub on the same side as the sink, PLUS a wardrobe in the bedroom, that is a handicapped accessible room. Those rooms are the same size, just a different layout of the bathroom for wheelchair users. (And the wardrobe has an interior for wheelchair users, although the way the doors open, it eats all the space AND is tough to use. ‘Nother topic for another day)
The one video never showed the actual shower area, just the single sink, but that makes complete sense. Thank you!
We've stayed at POFQ three times and each room has had double sinks, with the toilet and shower in a separate room. The vanity area is separated from the rest of the room by a curtain. The latest iteration of the rooms has the bench along the wall by the dresser. There's a rack of hooks above it, which is very handy. The fridge is built into the dresser unit.

This is what we are hoping to have and what most of the videos we have watched show. It will be my husband, myself, our 15 yr old daughter and our 12 year old daughter in the room. So, we were hoping for the double sinks to help us all get ready. It also looked like the area to hang clothes (near the double sinks) looked bigger than the room that we saw in the video with a single sink with the toilet beside it.

Thank you everyone!

We’re staying here for the first time in April. It’s my dream resort- I’m so excited!!

Anyone know if all standard rooms have a tub? Or should I put in a room request to make sure we get a tub? Thanks!

Considering changing resorts for my group - currently we have 3 rooms at Pop standard. If I book a king room and 2 standard rooms what are the chances that we will all be close together, I dont need adjoining but would like to be next to each other (I will link the reservations).

Couple questions. I'm going back and forth between staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Port Orleans. PO is $300 more but I've always stayed in the Disney bubble when I go.

1. Is early check in a thing? We don't live that far away so it's possible for us to get there in the morning
2. How are the buses? Are they reliable? When I stayed at All Star Movies, they were very hit or miss
3. How important is the view at moderates? There are no balconies or patios from what it looks like.

Couple questions. I'm going back and forth between staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Port Orleans. PO is $300 more but I've always stayed in the Disney bubble when I go.

1. Is early check in a thing? We don't live that far away so it's possible for us to get there in the morning
2. How are the buses? Are they reliable? When I stayed at All Star Movies, they were very hit or miss
3. How important is the view at moderates? There are no balconies or patios from what it looks like.
1. Sometimes. When I've done online check-in, I always choose that I'm arriving at 7am or earlier. By doing that, my room is always ready at 12:30pm or earlier. I've never had to wait until 3pm.
2. Both Port Orleans resorts usually share buses, but I'm pretty sure they pick up at POFQ first. Someone tell me if I'm wrong!
3. Not important, imo. You'll have a window next to your door to get in and out of the room. I usually keep my shades shut so other guests walking by aren't looking into my room. Some views are only available in certain buildings though, so if you wanted to be closer to the pool or the Disney Springs boat, you would pick pool view or river view. But honestly, the resort is not very big, so it wouldn't be important to me personally. to each their own, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter