• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

What's better to request a ground floor or top floor? Never stayed here before. We requested bldg. 4 or 5. for proximity to busses etc.

What's better to request a ground floor or top floor? Never stayed here before. We requested bldg. 4 or 5. for proximity to busses etc.
It honestly depends on what you want, there is no right answer to that question.

Ground floor is good for access, quick in and out for buses and main building. Also while there are elevators, if you've got mobility issues or kids with strollers then ground floor would be easier. Top floor is quieter (no one above you, and less foot traffic past your door) and often a nicer view.

Andre

11 days until I’m in my happy place! We’ve stayed here once in 2019, when we picked up my oldest from her time working with the Disney College Program. She wanted, understandably, spend her last week with her roommates so she is incredibly excited to actually stay in the resort this time!

Does anyone have recent experience with how long the lines are at 6am at the cafe? We are die hard rope droppers, and usually the first in the bus lines every morning, so wondering if time to grab some beignets and still be early.

We have a garden view room, and put preferences as close to buses as first. And in true fashion for our family, have 3 separate reservations for one week. We’re notorious for adding days, and since our original was booked through the discount and no more discounted rooms were available, our first and last nights had to be separate when we added them or lose the discount. We’ve requested through the chat feature to make sure that we don’t have to move rooms, and all agree they’ll do their best because it’s less work on housekeeping. While I really want building 4, keeping the same room is more important. Since all calls are call center now, do you think we need to follow up with a call or not?

Final question, is there anything super special about the main pool at Riverside? Trying to decide if we want to try it out on our rest day or just stick with the FQ one.

11 days until I’m in my happy place! We’ve stayed here once in 2019, when we picked up my oldest from her time working with the Disney College Program. She wanted, understandably, spend her last week with her roommates so she is incredibly excited to actually stay in the resort this time!

Does anyone have recent experience with how long the lines are at 6am at the cafe? We are die hard rope droppers, and usually the first in the bus lines every morning, so wondering if time to grab some beignets and still be early.

We have a garden view room, and put preferences as close to buses as first. And in true fashion for our family, have 3 separate reservations for one week. We’re notorious for adding days, and since our original was booked through the discount and no more discounted rooms were available, our first and last nights had to be separate when we added them or lose the discount. We’ve requested through the chat feature to make sure that we don’t have to move rooms, and all agree they’ll do their best because it’s less work on housekeeping. While I really want building 4, keeping the same room is more important. Since all calls are call center now, do you think we need to follow up with a call or not?

Final question, is there anything super special about the main pool at Riverside? Trying to decide if we want to try it out on our rest day or just stick with the FQ one.
We spent our first time at POFQ 3 weeks ago. Our experience is the food court doesn't serve food until 7 am (grab and go food was available for purchase). We had the refillable mugs and could get coffee and soda as early as 6 am-we're rope droppers too. Beignets are not available until 7 am.

We spent our first time at POFQ 3 weeks ago. Our experience is the food court doesn't serve food until 7 am (grab and go food was available for purchase). We had the refillable mugs and could get coffee and soda as early as 6 am-we're rope droppers too. Beignets are not available until 7 am.
Thanks so much! I thought I’d read somewhere that they opened at 6, but app says 7. That is fantastic news about caffeine hit, though!!!

Follow up question: do you happen to remember what options for creamer they had?

Last edited:
Thanks so much! I thought I’d read somewhere that they opened at 6, but app says 7. That is fantastic news about caffeine hit, though!!!
Like you, I’m pretty happy to hear that I can get my coffee at 6:00. I know there are coffee makers in the room, but I’m an early riser and I really wanted to avoid waking everybody up.

Follow up question: do you happen to remember what options for creamer they had?
No I'm sorry I don't remember.

With all this talk of coffee it has me thinking creamer! Anyone know what is avialable in the food court?
Used to be little single serving cups like a restaurant. Plus they had milk dispensers. That being said we haven't been there since 2012 so, lots could have changed by then. :rotfl2:

My turn!
Ok, we haven't been in many years. Back in ancient times there was a real honest to God bakery attached to the food court. That's where you got the beignets, which were made fresh to order. Does this thing of the past still exist or has it changed like everything Disney? Just wondering if it's worth the 30 minute drive over for the beignets and a little nostalgia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter