Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Hi! I am trying to decide between POFQ, POP and Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek for our stay Dec 16-21. I am pretty sure we will pick POFQ, but I am wondering if the buses are currently being shared with Riverside (specifically first thing in the morning)? That might be a deal breaker for us...

Hi! I am trying to decide between POFQ, POP and Hilton Signia Bonnet Creek for our stay Dec 16-21. I am pretty sure we will pick POFQ, but I am wondering if the buses are currently being shared with Riverside (specifically first thing in the morning)? That might be a deal breaker for us...
The buses were very rarely shared with Riverside this past week and not first thing in the morning at all. They were slower to come than buses at many other stops in the park, though. There were many days that we watched bus after bus pull into the other stops with nothing for us.

The buses were very rarely shared with Riverside this past week and not first thing in the morning at all. They were slower to come than buses at many other stops in the park, though. There were many days that we watched bus after bus pull into the other stops with nothing for us.

One of the great things about POFQ is that you have a couple of extra options for buses, if they just are not showing up:

- Grab the first bus to POR - and walk back over. Yes, it's not much fun at the end of a long day, but if getting back to the Resort is your goal...

or (my personal favorite) Grab the first bus to Disney Springs. Then use that bus station as a hub point to grab the next bus to either POFQ or POR

One of the great things about POFQ is that you have a couple of extra options for buses, if they just are not showing up:

- Grab the first bus to POR - and walk back over. Yes, it's not much fun at the end of a long day, but if getting back to the Resort is your goal...

or (my personal favorite) Grab the first bus to Disney Springs. Then use that bus station as a hub point to grab the next bus to either POFQ or POR
Unfortunately, there aren't any buses to Disney Springs from the parks right now. That strategy would work, though, if you were at another resort and needed to get back to POFQ or POR.

Unfortunately, there aren't any buses to Disney Springs from the parks right now. That strategy would work, though, if you were at another resort and needed to get back to POFQ or POR.

Oh shoot - I don't know why, but I thought the Disney Springs buses had started to run direct from the Parks again!

Nevertheless, if you can grab the POR bus before the POFQ, it's still much a much faster solution!

Just got back from my trip.

Pros where all the usuals:

FQ was beautiful as always and I did get in Building 4 which is my favorite Standard Room location. I was on the end of the building in 4103 so I would have a parking lot view but since there were large trees there to block the cars the view was nice.

Being away from the back of the main building there was not much noise.

Also I was still less than a minute from the buses, the food court and just a couple of minutes from the boats. I could look out my door and pretty much see whether there was a bus there.

So glad the boats were back running and I always enjoy the ride down to DS. This was no different. However I missed hearing Miley Cyrus sing Party in the USA LOL. They really didn't even do much music at all. Skippers didn't talk at all either. It was a very quiet ride.

Staff were very polite and really there were no complaints that way.

Beignets were yummy and I grabbed Mickey Waffles my first morning. (They have both the big waffles and the small ones) basically they said the $9.99 Order is a large waffle and side (bacon/sausage) but you could substitute 3 small waffles for the big ones.

I had the Cheese Burger and fries twice while there. Only I got them made with the Impossible Burger patty. I actually prefer Impossible burgers to regular ground beef and it confused them both times because they didn't understand that I didn't want the specialty burger on the menu. I just wanted a plain vegetarian cheese burger.

It was not crowded at all. In fact I know for a fact that the rooms on either side of me were empty except for my last day when I had someone check in to one of the rooms.

The Christmas decorations were really nice. Very on theme and festive.

Downsides were:

The abysmal showerheads. The water pressure was so low, I loathe those low water 'rain forrest-esque' showerheads.

Also super annoying but I put that I did not want housekeeping and I came back in on the 3rd day and someone had obviously been in my room. (not talking about the sticking their head in and making sure there's nothing illegal going on check) but someone had been in and serviced the room.

They had thrown away something that probably looked like trash but wasn't, emptied the bins and exchanged towels and replaced the cups and coffee I had used. (which means they had to move how I had some items set up on the dresser) They did not sweep or make the bed (I had something on the bed).

I am the type of person who does not like people in my room. If I know that housekeeping will be in I tend to clean up and put away stuff. I don't want people touching my things. (personal items, electronics, etc).

I did not have a Do Not Disturb sign and wasn't worried about it because I had put No Housekeeping on my check in. I have never had anyone ignore that before.

They of course came in when I hadn't planned on being gone long so my ipad was out charging, I have a medical devise that was out, and basically had clothes and items including some important paperwork/receipts laying all over the extra bed. It didn't look like they had touched any of that and if they had I probably would have thrown a fit and done a formal complaint.

My meds and wallet were locked up as I routinely do that whether I think someone is coming in or not.

They threw out my toothpaste (like really people) but I had more luckily.

I did not complain as in the end it was just annoying and didn't do anything but make me angry for about 10 minutes.

Buses were about 50/50.

First day I was there I waited around an hour for a bus to Epcot. It just kept bumping and bumping, then suddenly a Music Bus showed up and said he was taking us to Epcot. Not sure what happened but there were a number of times that the wait was closer to 20-30 minutes than 15. I did hear some complaints by folks, all seeming to be around the longer wait times. I couldn't find transportation times on the tv or on the app and I know it's been a while but I seem to remember being able to check bus times on the tv in room. There was some sharing in the middle of the day or returning from the park as well. However the resort (and Riverside) seemed pretty low on guests, as there didn't' seem to be crowds on the bus, the food court or the grounds. I ended up standing one short ride but mostly there were seats.

I only rode the boats on one day and the wait was short and again not very crowded.

The menu at the food court was sparse and this trip I actually had planned to do breakfast at the resort, big meals mid day in the parks and then just hit the food court again at night for quick and easy dinners. But after looking at the new menus, I only ended up eating 4 meals over 5 days (1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinners) Burgers and waffles were good, but I did get some subpar pizza. Should have passed on the pizza it was bad and I threw most of it away. I usually like Turkey Dinner from the food courts, but I saw someone with it and it looked a little sad so I passed on that for the pizza.

All in all it was a good stay with much more good points then bad. FQ is still my favorite moderate and probably my favorite resort over all but it was not quite as good as past trips.

Anyone here at FQ now need bottled water? We have an extra unopened case. We leave 12/12 at 11 AM.

Anyone here at FQ now need bottled water? We have an extra unopened case. We leave 12/12 at 11 AM.
I had similar last week at Pop. No one responded, but a lady at the resort suggested I put them outside my door the night before I left with a note on, and if they were still there in the morning to put them in the laundry room. They were picked up sometime between midnight and 2am (yep I’m a late packer). So if no one responds here I would suggest doing the same.

My last stay at POFQ in 2019 I left my spares in the room with the coke machine with a note.

Last edited:
How strictly do they enforce the height limit at the splash area? I have a tall 6 year old and he will be very sad if he isn't able to use it! He is only too tall by a couple of inches. Thanks!

How strictly do they enforce the height limit at the splash area? I have a tall 6 year old and he will be very sad if he isn't able to use it! He is only too tall by a couple of inches. Thanks!
There was no one watching the splash area when we were there at the beginning of November. I think that it’s probably a way for them to keep much larger kids from taking it over from the younger ones. It seems completely appropriate for a six year old to me.

We are planning our first trip to POFQ. We will be there the last week of March. Does Disney normally run buses to DS from the parks? And if so, are people now using the PO buses to get to DS (thus creating extra crowding on the resort-bound buses)?

Yes, Disney normally runs buses to DS from the parks.
Yes, people are now using the PO buses to get to DS. Sometimes it gets crowded on the resort-bound buses.

We are planning our first trip to POFQ. We will be there the last week of March. Does Disney normally run buses to DS from the parks? And if so, are people now using the PO buses to get to DS (thus creating extra crowding on the resort-bound buses)?

Right now there are no buses going to Disney Springs from the parks. You have to to to a nearby resort first to catch a Disney Springs bus.

We are considering a Disney trip at French Quarter for our 1yr wedding anniversary.

Buses: is there only one bus stop at French Quarter? if so, do all the buses to all parks stop there?

Best building to select?

Any other info we might need to know?

We are considering a Disney trip at French Quarter for our 1yr wedding anniversary.

Buses: is there only one bus stop at French Quarter? if so, do all the buses to all parks stop there?

Best building to select?

Best building to select?

Perfect resort for you first anniversary.

One bus stop, access all four parks from that bus stop.

Our favorite building was Building 1, river view, King room. But no buildings are bad. We only requested a building switch once. Building 7, the end closest to the front of the resort, was dark, surrounded by trees. We live in the mountains, I go to Florida to see the sun, not more shade. And with all the landscaping changes over the years, those trees may be gone and that end of Building 7 might be more open now.

I suggest a carriage ride through Riverside and French Quarters for your anniversary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter