• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

What is s "soft goods refit"?

The contents and decor of guest rooms only (not structural) and they normally close one building at time to do the work so no guests will have work going on in rooms near to them. Really, don't worry about it at all.

Andre

We find it more convenient to use the buses, especially to Magic Kingdom. If you bus to MK you get dropped off right outside the front gate. If you drive to MK you have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a tram from your spot to the front (depending on how early you get there), then wait in line for the monorail or the ferry over to the front gate of MK. After doing trials over the years now when we have a vehicle with us we only use it for early morning breakfast ADRs at another resort.
Thanks! We will plan on taking the bus on our MK day. Is it the same situation for the other three parks or would driving be better for any of those?

Hi,
We're staying here in August for 21nights,originally was at CBR until the works were announced,so we got moved to POFQ.Our daughter will be receiving her GCSE exam results whilst we are over there on August 24th and I was wondering if Sassagoula have celebration cakes to buy on the day and if yes does anyone have any photo's,description of the cakes and cost?. If not what about chocolate dipped strawberries?.Maybe balloons?.
TIA :flower3:

They do have desserts available but if you're looking for a cake, there is a special Disney cake number to call. There is a thread on this board somewhere if you want to check them out. Also, you can go through the Disney florist for balloons, chocolate strawberries, etc. They're a bit pricey but have nice stuff.
Congrats!

Here's the Cake Chatter thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-v.3558085/

The first post details the kinds of cakes that are available at different locations. There's a standard "celebration cake" that is available at all Disney-owned TS restaurants for $35. There's a picture in the first post of that thread. You can also special order cakes for certain locations. I ordered one for my sister's 50th birthday, the night after we did the Princess Half. It was super cute, and cost about $90, four years ago. The look on her face was priceless!

I just booked POFQ for Feb. 2018. Now I'm second guessing. What is s "soft goods refit"? I don't want to stay there if there will be make reservations, esp. if it effects the food court or souveneer shop. I'll be with my parents, and really want them to have a great stay. I was originally booked for Pop. Would you recommend switching back? I can't do POR because it's too big for my dad to get around and I really can't fit preferred rooms in my budget.
We were there the last time. It had no effect on our trip. The building they were working on was shut down. The foodcourt was just done last year so nothing will be happening there.

Thanks! We will plan on taking the bus on our MK day. Is it the same situation for the other three parks or would driving be better for any of those?

We almost always use the buses to the parks rather than taking our own car. For us, part of the vacation is not having to drive anywhere! If we are going to another resort for dinner, then we typically drive our own vehicle, as it's much faster than taking a bus to one park and switching to another bus. But we don't generally bother with driving to the parks.

What is the best way to request connecting rooms? We have 2 rooms booked and want to make sure they connect because will have a little one with us and want to make sure nap time is quiet.

What is the best way to request connecting rooms? We have 2 rooms booked and want to make sure they connect because will have a little one with us and want to make sure nap time is quiet.
I would call to have it noted on your reservation. Also fax the request. Andre's site www.portorleans.org has info on that and it may also be on the 1st page on this thread.

We almost always use the buses to the parks rather than taking our own car. For us, part of the vacation is not having to drive anywhere! If we are going to another resort for dinner, then we typically drive our own vehicle, as it's much faster than taking a bus to one park and switching to another bus. But we don't generally bother with driving to the parks.
Thank you!

Here's the Cake Chatter thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-disney-cake-chatter-part-v.3558085/

The first post details the kinds of cakes that are available at different locations. There's a standard "celebration cake" that is available at all Disney-owned TS restaurants for $35. There's a picture in the first post of that thread. You can also special order cakes for certain locations. I ordered one for my sister's 50th birthday, the night after we did the Princess Half. It was super cute, and cost about $90, four years ago. The look on her face was priceless!
Thank you .I'm thinking of just going for the standard then?,we have an ADR for 50's Prime Time late afternoon,would I have to order it or just ask when we arrive?.

They do have desserts available but if you're looking for a cake, there is a special Disney cake number to call. There is a thread on this board somewhere if you want to check them out. Also, you can go through the Disney florist for balloons, chocolate strawberries, etc. They're a bit pricey but have nice stuff.
Congrats!
Thank you.Yes I ordered a cake for our vow renewal 2 years ago,but was hoping to just get something on the day.I wouldn't want to order a cake saying 'Congratualtions Chloe on passing your GCSE's' and what if she didn't?(i'm sure she will)but what if?,that would be horrible for her.

Thank you .I'm thinking of just going for the standard then?,we have an ADR for 50's Prime Time late afternoon,would I have to order it or just ask when we arrive?.

Thank you.Yes I ordered a cake for our vow renewal 2 years ago,but was hoping to just get something on the day.I wouldn't want to order a cake saying 'Congratualtions Chloe on passing your GCSE's' and what if she didn't?(i'm sure she will)but what if?,that would be horrible for her.

I would probably call a day ahead or try to swing by 50's PTC early in the day, just to make sure they have one available.

Has anyone ever gotten a rollaway bed at POFQ, and if so, do you have pictures of how it fit in the room? How much do they cost per night?

We plan to take an air mattress for our youngest (he and his brother do not do well sharing a bed for more than a night or two) but thought I'd see if a rollaway was available.

I've been looking at pictures of the refurbed rooms at POP and CSR. Is it expected that the soft goods refurb for POFQ would be on that scale?

My husband and I have been starting to talk about going back to WDW in 2018, and we're trying to figure out our budget. While we would love to finally try POFQ (after two trips at POR), the new rooms at POP appeal to us, and the savings would be more than welcome (we're also thinking of taking a big trip to Japan in 2019, so we can't go full-blown WDW in 2018!).

We use the buses the entire time we are there. Our car does not move from the time we check in until we leave. :) I'd rather let the bus driver deal with the traffic, especially when we are bone tired from walking for hours. And it is fun to chat with other folks and listen to the excitement of the children. The buses are part of the whole Disney experience for us.

I'd also suggest having the reservations linked with a "travel with" number. We did this on our last trip and requested connecting rooms during the online check in process and was successful. We have done the same thing for our trip next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter