Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I am just back from 14 lovely nights at French Quarter so I will try and address some of the comments I have seen in the posts I missed when away and give me thoughts!

Firstly, the beds were really comfortable. The pillows were fine - a bit soft for my preference but nothing wrong with them at all. I sent in a room request by fax 4 or 5 days in advance of my stay requesting a top floor room, away from the elevators, non-connecting room and ideally in buildings 4, 5 or 6 so I could be close to the main building, but also close to the path to be able to walk to Riverside. This was a slightly cheeky request as I had booked a standard view room (no garden views available) and I know there are no standard views on the top floor of buildings 5 or 6. On check in I was given a lovely room in building 5 - meeting all my requests, and it was a garden view too which was lovely. We could hear the movies on the lawn, but this wasn't really a problem as we were usually still out at the parks, it was only the first night when we were jet lagged and wanted to sleep earlier. The rooms did not seem tired at all. I did not have a clock in the room, but this did not bother me. I ordered from Amazon Prime and the box was waiting for me on check in (along with something else I ordered from Ebay).

Overall, I loved FQ. I stayed at Riverside previously and much preferred this resort - the only downside in my opinion was the limited selection of food in the food court at lunch time - we were only there for one lunch time and ended up walking to Riverside to get lunch as there was a bit more selection. I loved the size of the resort and the fact it only had one bus stop. We only went round the Riverside loop once and it reminded me how much I love the FQ buses! I wish I was back there right now!

How far ahead of your check in did you schedule the Amazon Prime delivery? When you checked in did the front desk proactively tell you it had been delivered or did you have to ask? Did you have Amazon Pantry items in your delivery (trying to figure out if this can be used to deliver non-perishable grocery items)?

Just an FYI for the splash pad. My daughter is exactly 48" and was asked to go measure herself at least four times in a one night stay. 48" is the maximum. They were measuring everyone and telling kids they had to leave. So, you may want to prep kids around that age for not being able to use it.

I thought I heard/read that if there is a younger sibling they are a little relaxed with the rule. Our 6 year is around 50". Our youngest is under 3, so he is around 38". We were hoping she was going to be able to help him go down the slides - will that be possible?

Based on your priorities, you don't want a standard view. If your priority is to be close to the pool, and also food and bus stops, you definitely want Bldg 5. Not Bldg 2. With Bldg 5 you're right at the restaurant and you can cut through the walkway in the middle of Bldg 4 and the bus stops are right in front of you.
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-port-orleans-resort-french-quarter

I am in the process of researching my choice of buildings. Our first time at French Quarter.
We have a standard room and was wondering if building 4 should be my choice. Or should I upgrade to the garden view. (Id rather not)

I am in the process of researching my choice of buildings. Our first time at French Quarter.
We have a standard room and was wondering if building 4 should be my choice. Or should I upgrade to the garden view. (Id rather not)

Also staying in a standard room and wonder what the best building requests would be? Staying with two small children. Thanks!

Also staying in a standard room and wonder what the best building requests would be? Staying with two small children. Thanks!
Check out the room floorplan and resort map on www.portorleans.org. It looks like 1, 3, 4 and 7 have the bulk of the standard rooms. I would think 3 or 4 are the most central buildings. The resorts is very compact .We check out the resort map for shortcuts rather than sticking to the main paths on our trips.

We just got back from our first (and definitely not our last!) visit to French Quarter, and were in a standard room. I commented to DH that looking out over the parking lot was a non-issue. 1) There was a beautiful sitting space (smoking area???) between the building and the parking lot and 2) without a balcony, we never look out the window, anyway. For us, standard is fine. And if it saves us money....Naturally, everyone is different, but that is our feeling.

Check out the room floorplan and resort map on www.portorleans.org. It looks like 1, 3, 4 and 7 have the bulk of the standard rooms. I would think 3 or 4 are the most central buildings. The resorts is very compact .We check out the resort map for shortcuts rather than sticking to the main paths on our trips.

Thank you!

I thought I heard/read that if there is a younger sibling they are a little relaxed with the rule. Our 6 year is around 50". Our youngest is under 3, so he is around 38". We were hoping she was going to be able to help him go down the slides - will that be possible?

I'm curious about this too. I have a 4 and 6 year old (at time of travel). The 6 year old will be 51 inches or so but his little brother is around 40 inches. I definitely want them both to be playing/swimming in the same area.

Anyone ever request specific room numbers? Lol or a few options of them
On our first trip to POFQ I gave a range of room numbers as just an example. I told them rooms 3319-3328 because I wanted a 3rd floor room, non-connecting doorway and possibly in building 3.

We were lucky and got room 3319, but on our second trip i sent in the same requests, but got a 2nd floor room in building 6. (In addition to sending in request via fax, I used the online-check in and requested "upper floor".)

Just found our NEW favorite resort. Was there this past weekend and all ready have ressies for September!

I just completed online check-in for a reservation I made for an accessible room. The options included a corner room, so I thought that would be lovely and selected it. Now I'm wondering if it will conflict with the "accessible" part of my reservation -- and we really need the roll-in shower more than the corner part! Does anyone know, are there corner, accessible rooms?

I just completed online check-in for a reservation I made for an accessible room. The options included a corner room, so I thought that would be lovely and selected it. Now I'm wondering if it will conflict with the "accessible" part of my reservation -- and we really need the roll-in shower more than the corner part! Does anyone know, are there corner, accessible rooms?

Check out portorleans.org. They have detailed building layouts.

Port Orleans French Quarter (the original 'Port Orleans Resort') opened its first 432 rooms to guests on 17th May 1991, twenty-five years ago this week. Come to the lobby courtyard between 5:30pm and 8:30pm on Tuesday 17th May for the new weekly 'Fat Tuesday' Mardi Gras Block Party, this week also celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the resort.

Events include: Dance Party, Beignet Walk, Games and Activities, Mickey Tie Die, Specialty Food & Beverage, and Merchandise Offerings.

PortOrleansAlligator25.png

Andre

It think it will be open all day. I will be able to provide more details of what's happening as soon as the dates are officially confirmed and everyone is informed at the reservations center, etc. (in case of guest questions - not that that will make much of a difference, but hey they try! :) )

Andre

When do you think we will have more info? I'm reading between the lines here and on another Web page, should we be concerned?

I have 10/12-10/17 reservations!! Sooo excited for WDW and POFQ!

Mine were 6 and 5. They asked the six year old to measure herself numerous times, she is exactly 48

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter